Dunta Trashes Carr?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CowboysTexansFan, Dec 17, 2006.

1. CowboysTexansFan

CowboysTexansFan Veteran

Check out this quote from Dunta, from Justice's blog:

In the losing locker room, there were interesting words from Dunta Robinson...

We've got a problem, and until we fix the problem, things are continue to be this way.

What's the problem?

That ain't for me to say. All I can say is that when you're a 4-10 team, you've got a lot of problems. Until we step up and say what the problem is, then it's not going to get better.

This team needs big changes, right?

Anytime you're on a losing team, changes have to be made. That's the bottom line. We've got to find a way to fix this thing.

[snip]

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2006/12/he_just_hauled.html

If Dunta is making veiled criticism of Carr, I don't blame him. Carr was horrible today and his play was inexcusably bad. This may be evidence
    DC has lost the respect of some/most of his teammates.

2. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

Hmm... maybe a "Sharper II" concerning leadership.... and maybe it wasn't directed at the coaching staff the first go around?

3. thetexanator

thetexanator All Pro

gary walker trashed carr also.

4. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

I saw that, and I thought the same thing.

Carr put the defense in a horrible position today, and I'm not sure they could have done much better given the circumstances. I could see why Dunta was frustrated.

5. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

I don't remember that. What did he say?

6. thegr8fan

thegr8fan All Pro

not to mention the Bob McNair comments about not keeping a veteran or two on the team to provide leadership.

it is becoming quite apparent that Carr isn't providing any leadership on the team. but it is hard to lead a team when your the worst player on it and 'graced' the position, no matter how badly you stink it up weekly.

7. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

I don't see anything in that quote that even closely resembles mentioning Carr in any way, shape, or form. I mean, he just said "something needs to be fixed," I think you're reading a bit too much into the statement.

And that's unfortunate since I wish that there would be one player who would call DC out and make it obvious.

8. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

I think that quote is vague enough that anyone can spin it to fit their favorite pet peeve.

9. CowboysTexansFan

CowboysTexansFan Veteran

Who, or what, could have possibly been the problem out there today other than Carr? To me, it's reasonable to believe he was referring to DC, but didn't want to be blatant about it because the team (Kubiak) may want any internal dissent kept in-house.

10. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah All Pro

Look at this quote by Carr from the same blog.

I'm tired of playing good and losing by 20?

11. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

I can think of a few off the top of my head. I'm sure the board could come up with a few more. In no particular order:

Carr
    Offensive line
    Being surrounded by quitters
    Conservative playcalling - again
    Poor talent identification
    etc.

12. BattleRedToro

BattleRedToro Thread Killer

Hmmm, I don't know, but maybe it would be better if the Patriots Defensive players were actually blocked instead of allowed to come straight up the middle for a 7 yard sack. I could be wrong but that just might be considered a problem on any team in the NFL.

13. thetexanator

thetexanator All Pro

when gary was here he would often criticize the offense and he got into davids face a couple of games

14. BattleRedToro

He is talking about putting up good passing stats but losing the game. That means he would rather win than have good stats.

15. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

Is he talking about his 219 yard performance against Indy or his 128 yard performance against Dallas? Because that's the only two times (other than today, which he obviously can NOT be talking about) the Texans have lost by that large of a margin.

16. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

I agree, but he veiled his statements too much. I want someone on the team to call out DC and make it loud and clear. That's why loudmouths like TO or Chad Johnson can sometimes help a team out. What would be the best is for AJ to say something, anything, to give us some sense that they see the problem.

17. BattleRedToro

If AJ wants to point fingers he can start with himself for dropping critical passes and failing to make plays late in the games when it counts, and if anybody needs to be called out it is the entire Offensive Line.

18. CowboysTexansFan

CowboysTexansFan Veteran

If some players are very dissatisfied, I'm not sure a player will call out Carr on the record, but I suspect articles will start appearing that cite "unnamed" sources or players as a basis for whatever is written.

19. Oilersfan

Oilersfan Rookie

He should have said problems, including himself. I can remember him being torched by opposing recievers on more than one occasioin.

20. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

Not to throw Robinson under the bus, but maybe the problem is how he let Gaffney get free in the end zone.