Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Dunta set to start

Killer Bee

Waterboy
Kubiak's practice quotes...

(on talking to CB Dunta Robinson about playing outside) “If everything goes how it has this week then (CB) Dunta (Robinson) will go back outside and start this weekend. So, we’ll see how he practices tomorrow, but all systems look like they’re go. He played 70 plays last week with no problems coming out of the game so that’s a big positive.”

(on what he thinks about having CB Dunta Robinson back) “Well, he’s (CB Dunta Robinson) been back. So many people get caught up in who’s starting here or there. He played last week the whole game. But to have him go back to his spot and know that he can hold up for that many plays, that’s a big stretch for him in his career. Let’s face it, this six weeks is important to him and where he’s at in his career. He feels like he’s ready to go back out there and do the things he’s done before. So, I’m ready to see him do it.”

Fred Bennett and Jacques Reeves will compete for a starting spot on the opposite side.

I hope that's the case but I doubt it will be Reeves, more likely Bennett/Faggins.

if i remember correctly, dunta's been playing on the right side this season and had been on the right side for the last couple of seasons - which is where reeves is currently. i think we'll see dunta at RCB with bennet starting at LCB like we set up last season.

I'm happy for the guy , he's busted his ass to come back from an injury that could easily have been career ending .... I hope he sticks around with this team for a long time.

When we when a playoff game, I'll begin to entertain the notion that there is a God.

I'm just happy to know that one side of the field won't look like this every weekend, like we've become accustomed to:

the_cause.jpg

I'm happy for the guy , he's busted his ass to come back from an injury that could easily have been career ending .... I hope he sticks around with this team for a long time.
His recovery (thus far) is nothing short of amazing.

...Now, if we can find an effective FS...

Great news - but this just points out another Richard Smith folly.

Why do they have a guy playing RCB or LCB? Dunta should be on the opposing teams best WR, no matter where he happens to line up. If I was D coordinator, I would say see #84 over there. Ya. Well stick to him like he was Halle Berry in a haltertop. The end.

This is also the week that Molden is going to get some time on D... put that together with D-Rob getting time and I foresee the end of the Petey's.

*Cue holy melody* Hallelujah.

Boy, Dunta is really progessing a lot faster than I imagined he would. This is great news.

On the otherhand... it's not like Dunta has been playing that awesome nor is he back to where he was in previous seasons. If i remember correctly, Dunta has been beat quite a bit while he's been in.

The only difference is he actually has an excuse.

Yeah, Dunta has been beaten a few times... but who hasn't in our secondary. So my logic is why not give him his spot back and have the rest of the year to hopefully get alot closer to where he was before the injury. We will need a 100% Dunta next year.

Now what would be REALLY awesome is if Molden comes in and shines from the get go. CBs would be soooo much less of a worry for us this offseason. Lord knows we have plenty else to deal with on that side of the ball.

Great news - but this just points out another Richard Smith folly.

Why do they have a guy playing RCB or LCB? Dunta should be on the opposing teams best WR, no matter where he happens to line up. If I was D coordinator, I would say see #84 over there. Ya. Well stick to him like he was Halle Berry in a haltertop. The end.

I can see a reason for doing though. If you start moving your guys around with the other teams receivers you start allowing to dictate where your best defenders are on the field. If you bring out say Harrison and Wayne on the left side, you put gonzalez on the right side now you wind up with your nickel corner playing on an island... bring say Clark across and you wind up with gonzales one on one with Reeves. With little support. You're likely going to wind up with one S providing support to the guys on the left, and one covering clark. You've just cleared the whole right side of the field for Gonzales to work Reeves over. Not a good matchup since reeves head doesn't swivel until the receiver is 5 yards past him with the ball tucked away.

I really think that smith is a very average coordinater who looks much worse with the sub par secondary we have.

Mike

I thought Bennett was going to be the answer to a lot of these problems.

Its been a tough blow to this franchise to see his play diminish so much thats for sure. Lets just hope its one of those ole sophmore slumps... coupled with zero pash rush.

Speaking of FS's....where has Will Demps been lately besides in front of a mirror?

Depth chart at the Texans site shows him behind Eugene Wilson at FS. I cant recall if he got hurt or what but I dont expect him to get back to the top of the chart as Wilson has played much better at the position.

Wilson has a hand full of passes defended and a couple INT's thus far which is much better than the production we have become accustomed to at the position ...

Demps just got benched because his pass coverage is beyond atrocious. He was inactive two weeks ago - but ROOKIE Dominique Barber was active. That right there tells you how badly Demps has dropped off.

Demps just got benched because his pass coverage is beyond atrocious. He was inactive two weeks ago - but ROOKIE Dominique Barber was active. That right there tells you how badly Demps has dropped off.

Too much time in front of the mirror, not enough time in practice.

(on what he thinks about having CB Dunta Robinson back) “Well, he’s (CB Dunta Robinson) been back. So many people get caught up in who’s starting here or there. He played last week the whole game. But to have him go back to his spot and know that he can hold up for that many plays, that’s a big stretch for him in his career. Let’s face it, this six weeks is important to him and where he’s at in his career. He feels like he’s ready to go back out there and do the things he’s done before. So, I’m ready to see him do it.”

Kubiak is putting out a strong signal here in my opinion - in that he is saying to Dunta that he is ready, and has six games left, to play for the coveted second contract. If there is one player in our franchise's history that is up to the challenge, it would be Dunta.

I hope he performs to his standard and gets the contract with us. :texflag:

Kubiak is putting out a strong signal here in my opinion - in that he is saying to Dunta that he is ready, and has six games left, to play for the coveted second contract. If there is one player in our franchise's history that is up to the challenge, it would be Dunta.

I hope he performs to his standard and gets the contract with us. :texflag:

Dunta has grit. It would be nice to see some of that bleed over to some his teammates.

Back