Dunta News

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texans_Chick, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

I heard part of a radio promo that suggested that Dunta Robinson's injury might be worse than the hamstring, knee combo. But then I didn't hear the report.

But this is what was said in McClain's latest blog (which is actually a good read today because it is all Texans football).

2. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

I thought it was an ominous sign yesterday during Kubiak's news conference, where he would only talk about surgery on the ACL, but 'deferred questions to the doctors' regarding the hamstring.

Sounds career ending, if you ask me.

3. Shaft75

Shaft75 Site Contributor

You're kidding me right? Career ending?

When would we be able to possibly know that? I hope the best but this really sounds bad now. I have heard the words "career ending" a couple of times now.

4. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

Why don't we all just chill out and wait until we hear the information from the doctors? We're all just speculating at this point, anyway. So far, we've prayed for his full recovery in '08, converted him to FS, and put him out to pasture forever.

Maybe he will come back in '08. Maybe he'll bulk up and compete with Bradlee Van Pelt in the safety position. Maybe he's done and can become a DB coach. Maybe. Maybe. Maybe.

No one knows all the facts yet so let's all just get a cup of coffee and settle down until we hear from the doctors. Or CND.

Speaking of that, where has CND been? Out of all the speculation regarding this injury, CND's opinion is the one I've been looking to read....

5. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

Based on the research I've done, a player could return to 100% after the most severe hamstring injury in about 3 months...

Again, the issue is whether the PCL and/or Patella tendon is also torn in the knee, or just the ACL and MCL. When the PCL is torn along with the ACL and MCL, it's known as the "unhappy triad". Other players that suffered that injury include W. McGahee and Culpepper. Meanwhile, if it's just an ACL, you can go back 15 years and find a list of guys that recovered fully from that: Michael Irvin in 1990?, Terry Allen, Jamal Lewis had both torn and repaired prior to his 2000 yard season.

6. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Who knows Shaft... I'm feeling a little pessimistic today..

I dont beleive anything they tell us anymore. If we were to listen to the Texans Medical / PR staff, they would have you beleive that Dominick Davis Williams is on the road to recovery... :rolleyes:

With that said, I am going to convince myself for now, that we have seen Dunta play his last game... If he ever makes it back - BONUS!!

7. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

You'll just have to get used to the fact that some people will project the worst possible scenario every time. Some times they will be right and some times they won't--they'll only remember the former.

I'm with you--it is silly to speculate sitting on the outside dealing with 1/100th of the information available to medical personnel.

8. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

*sigh*

9. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

"Robinson is still undergoing tests, but said he thinks he damaged the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. He also damaged his hamstring - ripping it completely off the bone. He is out for the rest of the season. Robinson has never missed a start in four seasons."
    http://blogs.chron.com/gamedaytexans/2007/11/dunta_likely_out_for_season_ca.html
    The comments some of us are making are not wild speculation, but based upon such info as this from Megan Manfull's Chron Blog, who has surprisingly delevoped into a farly competant NFL reporter, though I will admit she still makes an occasional gaffe from time to time. But she's learning.

10. Texans_Chick

I am just wanting to know if anyone heard the radio report.

And I also think that if you know that it might be worse than what was originally reported, it doesn't make you drive off the road when you finally hear what the real news is.

As it relates to relying on what the medical personnel say, I like to hear what is being said but prefer to get my own information. Looking for the best information you can find. Because otherwise you end up buy a Boselli jersey, or you think it is realistic that Charles Spencer will be back for training camp.

I wish that I could rely on what I heard from the Chronicle or what I hear from the Texans.

11. Texans_Chick

12. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Subscribed Contributor

You must spread rep around before yada yada yada....

Also, please let's not get so caught up in what we want for the Texans that we overlook what is best for Dunta. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and I hope he makes a full recovery for his sake.

13. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Well when it come to injuries, the Texans to a pretty bad job of giving the media/fans accurate information. When was the last time they came out and told us what was really going on...

We're speculating either way..if we trust what the organization is saying..we're blind fools and are still expecting Spencer to come back 100% 9 weeks ago.

I don't always leap for the worst possible thing but I try to be as realistic as I can. To think Dunta is going to be back for the start of the '08 season is wishful-thinking at best. This is a more severe injury than most people think and is going to take a long time to heal. I'm not writing off ever getting Dunta back again, but I am writing off the rest of this season and all of '08. There is no reason for me to believe he's going to be back any sooner.

14. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

Understood. My frustration, though, wasn't aimed in your direction, TC. I like the fact that people are quick to put up tidbits of information as they become available.

So said, its not the information sharing that bothers me, its the rampant speculation that's out of hand.

Agreed on all points. Again, though, its just the rampant speculation that has gotten a bit crazy. It has surpassed speculation on AJ's knee and Charles Spencer by a mile....

15. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

Why God...WHY!?! :cry2:

16. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

If there's even a REMOTE possibility that Dunta can return, if that be one year or two, he will be the man to do it!! I can see him starting rehab in the recovery room!!:ouch: I can assure you, we won't know the FINAL answer to this question for months to come! Let's all just let him know how much we care and wish him well!! Signs all over Reliant at the Saints game would be a good start. I'm gonna make one, that's for sure.

17. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

This about sums it up for me too. This sucks!! :gun:

18. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

It's the Texans....assume the worst. :howdy: until proven otherwise

19. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Understandable, that's another reason for "This sucks". It's very difficult being a fan in Houston. :pirate:

20. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

I was at the game, 40 yard line, 2 second row.

I wasn't focused on the play exact, but I looked over there directly right afterwards.

Just by the pain Dunta was experiencing and the reaction of the medical staff and other players, this is a very serious injury that very well could end his career.

I will be shocked if this is just a run of the mill ACL or whatever injury.

Wish you well Dunta, in all regards.