Dunta-Is this true?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by MightyTExan, Oct 31, 2007.

1. MightyTExan

MightyTExan It's go time!

Can anyone confrim this?
    Saw this post on another messageboard:
    "I was listening to the Dunta Robinson show yesterday on my way home from work. There was one caller who asked Dunta if he thought Mario was living up to the expectations of being drafted number one overall. Dunta said no. He said he's doing some good things, but that he can play better and that he needs to be disruptive on every play. Dunta also said he didn't have one or two years to wait on Mario to develop, he needs Mario to play well now.

He was also asked how he felt about the Pats and Colts game, and he said he can't blame everyone for wanting to watch it, he wants to watch it too. In fact, he told Texan fans to watch that game and just check up on them later."

2. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

i hope that's true.

3. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

Can't confirm it, but if it is true, it doesn't surprise me. We really need someone back there to get them in focus. DeMeco is a leader on the field as far as adjusting the play, but we need an attitude leader. Dunta is definitely the first guy in line for that job.

They need to go out there and get pissed off before the game. I mean furious. They need to play like those old defenses everyone loved.

I once heard that Mean Joe Green punched one of the Steeler receivers in the face because he didn't make a catch. Is that true? We need attitude like that! (except he should punch Mario instead)

4. mridge01

mridge01 Veteran

It is true, here's the soundbite.
    Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the Texans. He's gone the first chance he gets, and I don't blame him a bit.

5. Xetuoh1836

Xetuoh1836 Rookie

Does "I'm just keepin it real" mean he doesn't want to show up or will his outspokeness mean, everyone else on the defense needs to show up?:gun:

6. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

If everyone on the defense played with Dunta's intensity we'd probably be having a different season right now.

7. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

It's not like Mario's play isn't like totally obviously milquetoast except for the pollyanna fans perhaps.

8. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I love Dunta...I really do. Its like he is a smart Texans Talk poster and just gets the forum to say what many are thinking. :heart:

9. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

I see nothing wrong with his statement. Not like he's making things up.

10. Leahmic223

Leahmic223 Hall of Fame

I for one am a Loyal Texan fan to the end, I would watch and will watch the Texan game over the Pats game and my Raider friend will watch his team with me.

I'm not watching the Pats-Colts over the Texans because I watch no one over the Texans. Besides...all this hype for a matchup that happens every year one way or another. I mean the last 4-5 years this thing has gone on, if it were on before or after the Texans game...sure I would watch it.

ESPN can hype the game all it wants as some big game that will show us the future and tell you who is going to be the champion. Just like how ESPN hyped the Suns-Mavs games last NBA season only to find out none of those teams went past the second round. Its a regular season matchup between two really good teams, but IDK...I am not that hyped for it. Not me, i'm watching the Texans first week in week out, even when we were 2-14 I still like to see my players battle for a win.

11. YellerLotYeller

YellerLotYeller nice marmot

I think my favorite player on this team will be gone before we know it. He will be a superstar if he goes somewhere else. It will be a sad day when we see him in another jersey and all we will have is memories of him busting people in the nose for us.:gun:

12. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I'll be watching the Texans. Unless they get behind by 30 points again, but that isn't happening this week.

13. 3andOUT

3andOUT Rookie

That's why I love D-Rob. He throws out the tired cliches and spits it like it is. I don't blame him, most football fans appreciate good football and you can guarantee Pats/Colts will be that. They both play disciplined, smart and mistake-free football unlike our team of late.

14. Vinny

nobody has to hype this game. These are the two best teams in the NFL and nobody is even in their league right now.

15. Leahmic223

Leahmic223 Hall of Fame

No one has to hype it but ESPN is positive this is the superbowl.

16. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Agreed, it will probably be better than the superbowl, both teams are in the AFC......prollly will meet again in the playoffs, hopefully not until the AFC championship game.

Is the pats/colts on at the same time as Texans/raiders? They should both be CBS games anyway. I am as intrigued as anyone, but I will not turn off my Texans.

17. Vinny

This is the game of the year...in case you haven't been paying attention.

18. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

And our head coach. He seems to act like Mario is doing a great job and the rest of us are just ignorant in our expectations.

While I don't expect our HC to throw anyone under the bus, I also don't expect him to put sprinkles on a turd and tell us it's a Little Debbie snack cake.

Things had better turn around, because people are going to leave this team (and not just the fans!). D.Rob is a dude that has a will to win, and if not here, then we will see him in a Colts or Pats uni before we know it. That'll be a sad day when one of our best players bolts because we consistently suck.

As far as the Colts/Pats game, I guess I'm stuck watching the Texans. I'm not giving up time with my boy to hang out at a sports bar where I won't be able to concentrate and enjoy either game. I'll just have to catch it on NFL Replay.

19. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

Can Dunta go before his contract is up?

20. Leahmic223

Leahmic223 Hall of Fame

Um...didn't I say it was a big regular season game?

That is it. That is all it is. A regular season game between 2 undefeated teams. The Team that loses this game isn't going to tear down and have a horrible season the rest of the way. The Boys/Pats game was hyped almost as much, and ESPN then called it a likely preview of the superbowl. I guess, things change when playoffs come around. Colts proved that last year.

I still will not watch it over the Texans.