Dump O'Brien. The offense is on him.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TripleTap, Jan 14, 2017.

1. TripleTap

TripleTap Dead Wood

Now we've got Billy saying he's sticking around next year to develop the offense. Jesus Mary and Joseph. Heaven help us. I mean, he may be OK as Head Coach but HE IS LOUSY AS OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR. Yes, OZ is a BIG PROBLEM. But I think the SCHEME is crazy dull, unimaginative, unthoughtful, dumbass, foolhardy, simplistic, worthless, fat and lazy and completely ineffective. The passing program is pissant and nobody gets open and when they are open the QB doesn't see them and really, WHO IS RUNNING THIS AMATEUR NIGHT SHOW? Why it's Billy! It's Billy Time! Let's meet at the airport and welcome the Oilers back home! Oh, not the Oilers? Guess not. They had some QBs and some offensive skills and a few ideas some of which sometimes worked? Remember when Moon threw for 546 yards against some team (Denver?) in a playoff?

Really, Mr. McNair, is this the best you can do? You're an embarrassment to all Houston sports fans. You need to step up.

(1) Fire OBrien.
    (2) Cut OZ.
    (3) Hire little Shanahan (I'm thinking just MAYBE he'd come).

TheKDog, humblegeo, 76Texan and 7 others like this.
  2. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

OB can't be OC and HC.

Fire Godsey, bring in an independent OC, have 18 QBs at Camp and see where we go.

3. fiasco west

fiasco west Hall of Fame

Exactly. Any ways if BOB fails to realize his OC sucks then that's on him.

macho grande and TexansFight like this.
  4. False Start

False Start On # 69

What the hell is up with these pathetic ass quotes from BoB?! Satisfied with 3 and outs, will be happy to be in the game in the 4th quarter. That right there sounds like a losers mentality, I am still having a hard time getting over he said this dumb sh!t.

They (610) were saying that this was the 31st ranked offense in the league, and every year since he's been here, it's gotten worse. The supposed "offensive genius", "QB Guru" has shat the bed too many damn times for my liking. I know it wont happen, and it's the after game emotions speaking, but I would love to see the door hit him in the butt-chin! :worldpeace:

TxnsJuggernaut, santo, ROO and 2 others like this.
  5. Hervoyel

Hervoyel BUENO!

If Bill O'Brien spends one more year "developing" our offense we're gonna be the first team to win a division averaging under 10 points per game. This guy is missing something. I don't know what it is but he is so far off of the pace of an NFL offense that it's not even funny anymore. Seriously they have to go back to before the modern era to find teams that score so little and still win. Enough is enough.

We do not need to keep trying to reinvent the Goddamn wheel (offense). This guy is selling snake oil and we need to get as far away from him and his imaginary "system" as we can. There are people out there right now interviewing for HC positions that have modern offenses winning games in the playoffs.

People act like the whole defensive side of the ball is going to walk when O'Brien leaves and that's bullshit. You hire Baby Shanahan and bring him in, then tell him "Romeo's got the defense... trust me" and he's gonna be fine with that. Give everybody on the D side a big ass pay raise and bring in Shanahan's kid and watch the magic happen. You don't think Romeo wants another Super Bowl ring? He's gonna keep coaching that Clowney/Watt/Mercilus D all the way to the HoF.

TxnsJuggernaut, santo, ROO and 5 others like this.
  6. Earl34

Earl34 Veteran

Chris freaking Hogan was able to get 95 yards on our #1 defense. The Patriots were able to utilize Hogan in their scheme and get him productive against our #1 defense.

I hope O'Brien was taking notes.

7. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

This guy is the biggest ******* scam ever perpetrated in football history. It was apparent from the start.

I have no idea how this guy continues to be praised by so many people.

False Start and 76Texan like this.
  8. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

I doubt it. He doesn't care about stats.

9. fiasco west

fiasco west Hall of Fame

Most of their big plays was courtesy of Kareem Jackson who was having a flashback to his rookie season...

macho grande, TexansBull and ROO like this.
  10. Texansphan

Texansphan All Pro

Always a lot of ifs and buts in this sort of discussion, but how different would this season have been if Fuller had performed like a first round pick and gotten say 850 yards and 10 TD's?
    WR coach needs to be re-evaluated for wasting a first rounder and also for the drop off in Nuk's stats too - he had a lot of drops this year.

11. powda

powda Team BLEACH!

I want to agree but oz is getting paid way more to scam Houston.

steelbtexan, False Start and 76Texan like this.
  12. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

Osweiler has problems but would look a helluva lot better with a coach that played to his strengths or even possessed a semblance of competence.

TxnsJuggernaut likes this.
  13. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

They deserve each other. Neither knows what to do.

Same goes for Rick Smith and McNair.

Surreal McCoy likes this.
  14. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

Yeah. They all blow.

15. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

So, O'Brien brushed off the betting line, but the players said that they use it as motivation.

And the offense came our and shish the bed.
    And everything up at Kirby is still the same; oh well, we still have the marketing company, that football division may suck a little bit but we keep on rolling the dough. No sweat.

steelbtexan likes this.
  16. chicagotexan2

chicagotexan2 RickSmithSUX

BoB was hired for his offensive expertise. The biggest reason the team wins games is because of defense. He is not good on offense at the pro level and his game plan and game management are lousy. Would someone tell me why he should be retained as HC?

17. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

Because Bob likes continuity.
    He's used to make money on poor products.

18. thetexanator

thetexanator Hall of Fame

chris hogan looking like a great receiver. 5th string rb's killing us on wheel routes for td's. exposing our weakest cover lb in covereage. brady tossing the ball up 50 yrds on more than 5 occasions. yet we cant do any of to them.

76Texan likes this.
  19. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

And we still couldn't beat the spread, lmfao.

All that inferiority complex bullshit for nothing. Vegas and everyone else proven right.

76Texan and Surreal McCoy like this.
  20. powda

powda Team BLEACH!

Let oz qb hogan and the rb's and they blow enough to get cut.

ROO likes this.