Duane Brown?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by gjmac2, Sep 7, 2008.

1. gjmac2

gjmac2 Veteran

Has anyone heard if Duane Brown was injured or not? I have not heard a report.

2. Texan JBZ

Texan JBZ Da Sip's Finest

Yeah, the Texans released a press statement after the game. It stated that his feelings were shattered!

3. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

I laughed.

4. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

After watching this game its obvious that Mendenhall would have helped us more than Brown did. That may change in a few years, but forgive me if I don't have too much faith in any of the Texans long term plans.

the only plans Kubiak should be making are hiring a good moving company and updating his resume. His loyalty to Richard Smith should cost him his job alone.

5. Texan JBZ

Texan JBZ Da Sip's Finest

Good. Glad I could make your day

6. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

:yawn:

based on what exactly.. rb isnt our problem. ahman and slaton did fine considering our line was dominated

im not even going to bother with the rest of the garbage. you always over-react

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

I dont think Brown was injured on the attempted fumble recovery .... No one made contact with him as the ball squirted away from him , I think he was just upset with himself and kinda laid there thinking about the play and probably his preformace on both parts of the play .... Letting his man get to Schaubs blind side and failing to recover the fumble. They showed another shot of him a short while later obviously frustrated ....

Brown's gonna be alright , thats a hell of a defense to throw at a rookie .Welcome to the NFL rooike was more like welcome to your worst nightmare. He had some good moments and some bad. I expect him to improve week by week , game by game.

8. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Mendenhall average 2.8 YPC on 10 carries.

Slaton averaged 3.3 YPC on 13 carries.

How would Mendenhall have helped us more?...

9. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

oh.. dont you know?:rolleyes:

10. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

Only because that is who you wanted drafted. Did you watch mendenfumble in the preseason? I swear you are not a Texan fan but a fan of I want to be right at the cost of anything and everything. It is almost as if you cheer for failure so your chosen guy will be right. Brown had a bad game but had a good preseason and learning LT is not the easiest position to come in and dominate. How is that D'brick pick everyone was wanting looking? More like a 5th rounder to me.

bah007 likes this.
  11. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Brown did some good things early on, but as the Steelers increased the lead, and as we gave them no run game to respect, they were able to pin their ears back even more. On balance, he played like a rookie, but I think he has a bright future.

He should be forced to sit in film session for hours, though, just watching two plays - his attempted fumble recovery and Matt Turk's attempted recovery from last season. :D

12. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

I honestly think he did pretty damn good for a rookie and against a pretty damn good defense too. I was also kinda of proud that he got upset with himself for not doing better. When you see someone get upset over that then you know they have heart. This guy has a bright future if he can continue to get better.

painekiller likes this.
  13. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Amen :)

14. Bob McNair

Bob McNair Veteran

Apparently he came down with a bad case of Seth Wand. Although, if this keeps up, a lot of people will owe Seth Wand an apology.

15. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

Mendenhall had 28 yds on 10 carries behind the Steelers' line. So how do you think he would have been better behind ours???
    I'm missing your logic.

Brando likes this.
  16. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

remember when Carr would lose a game? it was like ehhh oh well, everyone got to see me and thats all that really matters

17. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

So is he.

18. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

Out To Lunch!!

Signed,

Mr. Spock

19. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

I agree. He certainly had some big mistakes in this game, and he got beat badly quite a few times. However, he did have some plays where he looked good. There's not many guys that you can say had a good game out there, and none of the other starters had an excuse of being rookies. He'll steadily improve week in and week out. I think he's going to learn a lot from this game assuming he can get over the bruised ego he suffered.

20. KEYE SUX

KEYE SUX Veteran

Mendenhall? I'm upset with taking MARIO over vy. I mean he only had like 2 sacks, 4 tackles for loss, and a forced fumble. vy went 12/22 1TD 2 INT for 110 yds