Duane Brown Signed

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by 4Texans, Jul 23, 2008.

1. 4Texans

4Texans Hall of Fame

2. Toro59

Toro59 Rookie

Well they have cut just enought players to make 80 for training camp when he signs. So I'm assuming there close. But I haven't heard anything

3. barrett

barrett Hall of Fame

i saw the C. Williams signing and thought right away, that gives the Texans FO a salary range to go on. we should be right around the corner.

4. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

We already have a better gauge to the Brown signing......LINK

5. 4Texans

4Texans Hall of Fame

The Williams signing should at least tighten that range up. I hope we hear something soon.

6. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

QBs are paid more than lineman so how Flacco's contract helps with an OL one I have no clue. That is like looking how much a BMW cost and a much a Scion cost and thinking you have a good range on how much a Tahoe would cost.

PapaL likes this.
  7. CloakNNNdagger

Your comments are valid, but the way I was looking at things was Flacco had 8.5 million guaranteed and Williams 10 million, even though there was a significant difference of salary (Flacco over Williams)..........and guaranteed money is just that......the only guarantee. I'll defer to your analysis, though.

8. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Score!

9. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Isn't Brown the last 1st rounder not signed? I think he's a first day of TC signing anyway so it doesn't bother me.

10. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

He's the last Texans pick not signed. Unless someone signed since Chris Williams with the Bears, there are 8 signed and 23 unsigned first round picks (only 31 picks due to Pats forfeiture).

11. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

Where are you DB?! :foottap: I've been logging on every so often just to see if you've been signed yet. I know TC truly doesn't start until tomorrow, but I would feel much better if you signed today. :doot:

12. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

<--- Is starting to worry...

13. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

They should be close since Cason, the pick right after, has signed. They have something more concrete to work with.

14. CloakNNNdagger

Johnson ready for camp, LT Brown remains unsigned

07/24/2008

By KRISTIE RIEKEN / Associated Press

Star receiver Andre Johnson will be back on the field, but first-round pick Duane Brown might not be when the Houston Texans open camp Friday.

Johnson has recovered from arthroscopic knee surgery that kept him out of Houston's offseason workouts. Brown, the 26th pick in the draft, remained the Texans only unsigned draft pick Thursday.

The Texans continued to try and work out a deal Thursday. They expect Brown to start at left tackle this season, so it is important that he not miss time in camp.

A couple of players said they had spoken to Brown and encouraged him to get to camp on time, but right tackle Eric Winston said he wouldn't have the same advice if he talked to him.

"I'm not going to tell him that," Winston said. "That's his business and he has to do what he needs to do. I hope he gets as much money as he can. I really do. If he has to hold out for a day or two, if that's what he feels like he needs to do, I'm not going to tell him one way or another."

Brown, who was projected by most as a second-round pick, played just one season at left tackle in college after spending his first year at tight end and two years at right tackle. He didn't do very well lining up against Mario Williams in offseason practices, but coaches are confident he'll improve with time and practice.

15. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

well, he's lining up against the best DE in the NFL... he'll improve as soon as Mario's not in his way.

16. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

He'll get to be a very good left tackle because he has to practice against Mario. I wish he'd sign and get into camp.

17. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

Thanks Caveman, you're helping a great deal. The kid needs every rep he can get!

18. barrett

barrett Hall of Fame

everyone wants him in camp day one. even he wants to be there i'm sure. the players seems to always be very understanding of each other's "money" stuff. they seem to be fairly unified that you have to do what you have to do when it comes to the money stuff. i doubt there would be any backlash from his teammates if he were to hold out. (i doubt that will happen though.) i expect him to be at camp tomorrow morning. i have total faith in our FO.

19. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I would be much more worried if he did too well against Williams.

Giant Tiger likes this.
  20. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

after seeing spencer get released due to a career threatening injury at the hands of a teammate, i'm sure he's trying to get everything he can. can't blame him at all.