drunken warren moon

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by swtbound07, Jul 25, 2007.

1. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

2. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

And according to "King" Jerome Solomon, Moon is a "class act". In between DUI's and slapping his women around that is.

3. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Chitown Frog

Yeah I thought I posted about his arrest in April but I couldn't find it and I think it was on the other board. This is the lingering case from that April arrest.

4. Koolaid Time

Koolaid Time Drink Up!

....And sexually harassing Minnesota Vikings cheerleaders

5. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

I have never been a big fan of Moon both on or off the field, but this charge is lame. He wasn't drunk and wasn't even speeding that gratuitously.

Sounds like he got pulled over for DWB and the cop had an axe to grind.

Cop 1: I got a black guy speeding in a truck nicer than my F-150. He's going down.
    Cop 2: You da man, boss.

6. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I'd have pulled him over for going 15 over the speed limit without hesitation and I'd have written him a ticket for it no matter who he was. 50 in a 35 is enough to get you pulled over no matter what color you are.

If I smelled alcohol he'd be going to meet the breathalyzer man to see what number came up. I don't know a single cop who wouldn't make that arrest. I'm sure there are some but I don't know them.

You sound like you're just looking for a reason to give him a pass because of those darned racist cops and the vendetta that they all have on every black man on earth. At least that's what you sound like to me.

7. Second Honeymoon

I am pointing to the reckless driving charge. Moon deserved a speeding ticket and that was it. To get arrested and have to make bond for basically speeding is just ridiculous and seems like the officer just tried to stick something on him because he couldn't bust him for being drunk.

He should of got a speeding ticket. He got more than that and now his name is sullied for essentially....speeding.

Why would the officer do this? Is the officer just a jerk or is there something else? Was Moon a jerk and the officer stuck it to him? or was it DWB?

Once again, I never liked Moon but it seems that the officer seemed bent on pinning something on Moon. I want to know why...that's all Herv.

8. Second Honeymoon

fwiw - Moon was just on ESPN News talking about the Oilers days and he did address the incident. He said he was 10 miles over the speed limit and said him being pulled over was 'dubious at best'. He had been out having dinner and told the officer he had a few drinks but was not drunk. The officer then accused him of being drunk and the tests proved he wasn't. Moon then said that the officer then changed the charge to negligent driving and Moon was like 'It does turn out to be negligent driving because I was 10MPH over the speed limit according to his say so and that is where it stands now.'

Am I the only one who thinks he is getting railroaded here? He wasn't drunk and that was proven so they try and save face and say he was 'negligent' because he was 10MPH over the speed limit. This smells fishy.

I just can't stand the police that let their own agendas, pride or biases affect the perception of the good police who are even handed and logical doing their jobs.

9. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

negligent driving wow

couldn't the police use that one on about EVERY offense that happens.

hauling to jail seems extreme on that one.. unless there is more to the story

10. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

They hauled his butt to jail so he could do a blow and it turned out he was not drunk. Nothing wrong with that at all, better safe than sorry, so they take him back to his vehicle and he goes home.

11. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

ah I see. I overlooked that, I thought the police would have the device with them

I guess Washingon state is WAY behind the times because I saw were police were now taking blood in some place... saves on paperwork and such

12. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

Why are pro athletes' traffic stops considered newsworthy??

When Steve McNair went to traffic court because of his brother-in-law, they had a TV crew at the court house.

Tank Johnson's little episode in AZ stayed in the news for weeks.

Yet, what happened to the story about broadcaster Bill Maas?? He got stopped with DRUGS and a firearm in his ride. They didn't even post a picture of him - if anyone has seen an article with Maas' photo please post the link. And speaking of which, have you heard another word on how that turned out? I believe FOX fired or suspended him...? But his story isn't getting nearly the attention compared to the athletes'.

what happened to "fair & balanced"?

13. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Who? :um:

I've heard of Warren Moon.

And that's why it's news. :shades:

14. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

it is up there with Matthew McConaughey,cedrick benson, Jason Patric(to name a few) .. that have GOOD lawyers that hush things up

15. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

They are slow... My cousin got busted for DUI and by the time he got back to the station, he was at .071, so they let him go. He said it took about 15 minutes to get there...:shades:

16. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

.067 is not that far from .08. From a technical standpoint he was not legally intoxicated but he had been drinking, admitted that he had been drinking, and plenty of people in this world become impaired before reaching the legal blood alcohol level. Many states have a charge for driving badly with less than the legal limit of alcohol in your bloodstream.

Also as brakos82 just pointed out your blood alcohol level changes over time. I once transported a guy to the county jail in Bellville for another officer. I was very annoyed that this guy was getting off shift and asking me to transport his bust because I didn't think this guy was drunk. There was a slight odor of alcohol in him and he was as clear and lucid as the majority of people you might see on any given day. I just did not see this guy being over the limit. Between the bust in Wallis and the breathalyzer in Bellville this guy fell apart and blew a .29 when the DPS officer got there. He was on his way up. How are the arresting officers supposed to know if Warren Moon was telling the truth? Maybe he was on his way down and by the time they got to the breathalyzer he was below the limit.

17. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

And for you Austinites you might remember Corey Morrow ( country singer ) getting busted with a DUI I think and I know for sure cociane in his vehicle on Loop 1 one night more than a year ago and never hear another word about it.

18. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

wow didn't know that.. I have been out of austin for 3 years now.that is a new one

19. Second Honeymoon

Herv, you don't think the cop may be overstepping the boundaries here? I am all for keeping drunks off the road but playing a power trip on the citizens is a bit far. If you take a guy downtown on the suspicion of being drunk in order to test him and he PROVES that he is not legally drunk, you should have the common decency to not manufacture some BS charge to stick on him.......unless you have an axe to grind.

to me it smells like DWB and an officer that was too proud to just let the guy go and admit he was WRONG. Swallow that pride and do your job.

20. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

SH,

I guess I don't get the whole DWB in this case. They took him to blow. He passed, no worries. He still broke the law by driving over 40% higher than the posted speed limit - which is breaking the law....

Should he be let off because he's DWB? or shuold he be let off because he's Warren Moon?

I don't know the law(s) in Washington, but in some states 15mph over a the speed limit is considered negligent driving - not just simply speeding.

Who knows, when he goes to his arraignment, maybe ALL is dropped -or- they lessen the charge.