Drunk Texans Talk

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by JB, Mar 1, 2017.

1. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Dave's not home man

2. Scooter

Scooter Funky

1. you stole my joke
    2. you messed up my joke (dave's not HERE man)
    3. damnit I'm drunk and wanted to make a joke lol

JB likes this.
  3. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

made me chuckle... but then I'm workin' on a drumk too

Scooter likes this.
  4. Scooter

Scooter Funky

Ouch, it's been a while since I've overdone it that much. I don't remember much of anything, we won yesterday right? I think I'm going to spend the next day or two in bed lol.

JB likes this.
  5. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

FVCK! Reading two hours worth of comments on this forum is more painful than watching 3 hours of the Texans. Must remember not to do that again

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    Scooter likes this.
  6. banned1976

banned1976 American

I’m wondering how much pre game drunk Texans talk there will be today? Or is that already occurring in a different thread(s)?

JB likes this.
  7. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I'll be stoned as hell, if that counts. :)

Chance_C, banned1976 and JB like this.
  8. Scooter

Scooter Funky

I'll stay here because I'm smashed and getting repetitive. Romeo is frustrating me. We could have a front that looks a lot like Superbowl winning Giants, who essentially won with their front 4. Watt and Clowney at DT, Mercilus and Ejiofor at DE in our nickel package. That gives us strength, speed and penetration - and allows for better matchups. It also allows our rushers to build their rhythm and setups instead of subbing late or (in the case of Mercilus) dropping into coverage. Switch back to a 34 base with Reader in the middle and Clowney at ROLB in standard and heavy situations. But, we're missing a great opportunity to attack quarterbacks with 4 down linemen which would do wonders for mixing coverage schemes.

JB likes this.
  9. Scooter

Scooter Funky

Still drumk, I wonder how stupid some of these posts are going to sound later. People really should have learned not to quote me by now ... because I'll respond.

infantrycak and JB like this.
  10. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

Utuiner
    Atu tough but there is a beauty in silence. Often people will say something 10x as stupid just to fill the void.

Scooter and JB like this.

11. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Never got drumk enough to understand this since 1971... probably would have made since after 1/2 gallon gin (why I don't drink gin anymore).

where's all my rooowdy Texan drumk fr8iends>

12. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

FK! Let me go, I need sleep!

13. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Scooter likes this.
  14. Scooter

Scooter Funky

I actually thought I was doing ok, until I laughed way too hard at tequila cat in a sombrero. I must be drumk.

JB likes this.
  15. Scooter

Scooter Funky

Drumk bitching in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

I'm so tired of being disappointed after a win. That's NOT how it's supposed to be. We look like crap, play like crap (as many defensive touchdowns as offensive this week), and are somehow less crappy than the opponents thanks to ... hell I don't even know what to call it at this point other than gifts. Hopkins is sitting on the far sideline twiddling his thumbs but since the DB has a casual hand on Hopkins we get the game winning first down penalty. I respect and defend Romeo, but I'm tired of playing prevent defense for 4 quarters without having the coaching competence to attend the front needed to make that work. I'm tired of seeing Mercilus at SOLB, mixing coverage and run and pass assignments as Clowney gets stoned every week at rush end. Put Mercilus on the defensive line or the sideline - those are your 2 options.

Worst part is, winning is encouraging this crap. If I thought for an instant this crap could luck itsself into playoff wins ... I'd keep my fool mouth shut. It wont, everyone knows it wont. But, these crap wins will get us just far enough to continue the trend. No amount of hall of fame linemen can block long enough to survive O'Brien's "Madden" offense. I don't say that jokingly, the first time I really watched our receivers he ran 'verts y shake' which is so generic it's in every book and nobody is dumb enough to run it in pvp because you only have 1 target route. Y is Griffin telegraphing his very late inside break, and obviously this play didn't go well.

Sadly our idiots might not only keep this going, they might get raises. We had shots at real coaches .......

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    Sonny and OptimisticTexan like this.
  16. bigmck

bigmck All Pro

We beat a 6-3 team and have won 7 in a row. Yeah, I can see how you are very discouraged with the teams performance. Just continue being disappointed and the team should be OK. :bravo:

CWTexansFan and JB like this.
  17. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

This is outrageous! Muh thread fallen to page 6? No way!

Can you imagine this chick in Texans leather?

[​IMG]

sorry, felt the need to post pic, but couldn't edit LOTPW

18. Scooter

Scooter Funky

Sorry JB, I've let you down on the drumk front, you're going to have to up your game from now on. I'm taking a page out of Vinny's book and stepping out, with just a few anonymous clicks to keep informed. Watson, Hopkins, Miller, Clowney, Mercilus, Watt, Kareem, Joseph, Matthieu, Reed and Hal in the playoffs ... this should be fun!

JB likes this.
  19. Texazan

Texazan Our HOF 34

Happy New Year everyone, 6 shots of Jameson in and just hanging with family at home. I hope everyone has safe and happy new year!

JB and santo like this.
  20. bigmck

bigmck All Pro

Considering last night was New Years Eve, I expected a lot more from the "Drunk Texan Thread" this morning. You have let me down. :pop: