Dreessen:Mustang great still an NFL force

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.fortmorgantimes.com/ci_12998406

2. kozanack

kozanack Rookie

My guess is that Dreessen's mother was the ghost writer for this article. The article seems to suggest that Dreessen had displaced OD as the #1 TE, and that waiving Dreesen led to Mangini being fired by the Jets.

3. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

While it's likely the writer goes to the same family reunion as Dreessen, I share some of the same enthusiasm for him. There's been a lot of times I swore OD made a play only to find some guy wearing #85.

4. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I like Dreessen, but I think he's the least athletic of the TE group we have now. If OD receives a new deal and Casey and Hill continue to improve throughout this season, I don't foresee Joel being a Texan next season. I may be off-base here, but I just can't see us going with 4 TE's for two consecutive years. Dreessen's the odd man out IMO.

5. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

He is a special teams standout though. If Casey can master the long-snapping duties or even become the back up FB there will be room for four TEs. Dreesen may have his role limited, but there would still be room for a special teams guy that we know can come in and play if needed.

6. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

I bet Dreesen's Hulk's cousin .

7. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    Dreessen is a quiet contributor. Doesn't do anything spectacular but accumulates here and there and ends up with a nice season (and a nice new contract to boot).

I believe the weaponry at TE is invaluable to this team and it's success. Lots of people point immediately (and rightfully so) to WR as the strength of the team but where to next? LB or TE I'd say.

8. Insideop

Insideop Hall of Fame

Don't be surprised if it isn't Dreessen doing the Long Snapping this year. He was trained as a LS last year and is listed as the 3rd backup behind Clark Harris and Zgonina (both still with the team for now). Also, Dreessen is heavier than Casey by 25 lbs. If they decide to cut Harris (who is also a TE by the way) to save a roster spot, and cut Zgonina when TJ gets back, then they will be rolling the dice IMO. Neither Casey or Dreessen has LS experience in a NFL game. That's a big risk when you're a team trying to get into the playoffs. I look for Harris, Dreessen and Casey to be getting a lot of looks during TC and PS to decide who the LS will be. JMHO!

9. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

His role as a LS would keep him on the team. We've been wasting a spot for Pittman for years, it's only fitting that spot goes to a guy who can contribute on offense.

10. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

Dreessen is underrated, IMO.
    I like him!