Dre on the cover of ESPN Magazine

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by False Start, Nov 19, 2009.

1. False Start

False Start On # 69

Link

I'll be picking up one or 2. :cool:

2. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

"Instead, Johnson snot-bubbled Hays....."

Awesome!!

3. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

Excuse me, wtf is Fred Bennett doing in there?

BSofA04 likes this.
  4. False Start

False Start On # 69

I saw that too...... :heh:

I love this pic:

[​IMG]

5. Fox

Fox All Pro

Interesting article, particularly the part about Melton (his uncle and adviser) relaying to the author that 'if the Texans don't turn the corner soon, there's a plan in place to force a move elsewhere, the details of which he declined to reveal.'

6. Txn_in_FL

Txn_in_FL Lucky 13

Nice find. The idea of seeing him play in another team's uni makes my stomach churn. This team needs to start making a push and it needs to start on Monday.

False Start likes this.
  7. V3rm0nt3r

V3rm0nt3r All Pro

am i the only one with a bad feeling after reading this? i already had a bad feeling about the rest of the season (just a gut thing) and with Dre's uncle saying that he's close to leaving... man this is getting pretty scary.

8. Austrian

Austrian Hall of Fame

No I was feeling bad about it as well. The Texans better start winning!!:texflag:

9. TexanBacker93

TexanBacker93 Hall of Fame

The article left a bad taste in my mouth. It's time to make the push. Statement type win against the Titans.

10. redwhiteANDblue

redwhiteANDblue Color of Texans

If Andre leaves I'm going to jump off a cliff

11. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

As they say winning cures everything, but I sure don't like that kind of talk from AJ. I understand, but I don't like it and it scares the he'll out me!

12. New_Texans

New_Texans All Pro

You noticed it too lol!

13. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

This is a big deal. This thread title should've addressed the fact that we're in very real danger of losing the best receiver in the NFL.

Andre said that he didn't think it would take seven years to get to the playoffs when he was drafted. Just think how much further along the team would be if it weren't for Casserly drafting sub par talent during those seven years. And now that we finally have the right GM, coaching staff, and personnel (mostly) on the field, Andre is starting to reach his breaking point.

Hopefully 2010 --not 2009-- is the deadline for this "forced move." That would be fair for both sides, considering the team's current progression.

14. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

It doesn't look like Andre said that. Just his uncle. Besides, I doubt he leaves. The Texans are finally making progress. I mean, we do have the youngest starting lineup in the NFL. They are all growing together. We should be 10-6 this year at the least.

15. StevieWonder

StevieWonder Rookie

He still has three years left on his current deal so I wouldn't worry too much about him leaving this offseason. If the Texans don't make the playoffs in 2010, well... :panic:

16. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

dude's my favorite active athlete, and if he sticks with the texans, it'll be of all time. no hesitation.

17. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

I wish you were right, but the fact that a conditional plan for a "forced move" even exists is what matters, regardless of the relevance or involvement of Uncle Melton. Also, this plan is revealed when there are three years left on the contract. If the plan is a new development, then it's something to be very concerned about. If it was drawn two years ago, then it might be media sensationalism.

Either way, it's not comforting that the condition rests on a playoff berth. This is an inconsistent team, and 10-6 still doesn't guarantee a wildcard right now.

18. LonerATO

LonerATO Hall of Fame

What is he going to do sit on the bench? Andre is the mold for how players handle themselves. Lets say they force the Texans hand and he wants a trade? What would the Texans get from the trade? I hate it when ESPN or any other magazine writes this kind of crap up and it could be true and actually be Andre's way of letting the team know whats up.

19. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

You guys kill me sometimes, at least we have enjoyed his services for seven years, how do you think the Lions feel :brickwall:

If this is the worst case scenero we should except it, be happy & both move on. Funny thing however, there is plenty of upside waiting to be unleashed, first we need to put an end to VY ever being the player that Mario Williams has become Monday Night, then excercise some Colt demons, the rest should take care of itself.

Still think the Texans are one draft away from a premier OL & RB to forge through deep into the postseason but it does set up nicely over the next couple years so we can reatain Andres services & keep him a Texan for his entire career, how cool would that be :cool:

20. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

Hadn't read the article but the tone of this thread is gonna keep me away. If it's true I don't blame him. As of right now he's our barry sanders. Great talent in a bad place.