draftvince.com sign the petition!!!

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by MrGrievesII, Jan 23, 2006.

1. MrGrievesII

MrGrievesII Rookie

Go to:

http://www.draftvince.com/

To: Vince Young, Charlie Casserly, Bob McNair, Houston, and The Houston Texans new Head Coach

Texans owner Bob McNair on Sunday January 14 went gone on record to say that "We don't know who we're going to draft right now," McNair said. "After we hire our coach, the evaluation process will still have a long way to go. We want to pick the player we feel will give us the best chance to win."

I think that player is Vince Young.

The Texans's long-term changes to win are improved by Drafting University of Texas quarterback Vince Young.

According to Houston Chronicle NFL beat reporter John McClain in a January Sixth Story, "Young has catapulted himself to the top of the draft, and he's made it virtually impossible for the Texans to pass him up after putting on one of the most incredible performances in the history of sports at any level in the Longhorns' victory over the Trojans at the Rose Bowl."

For starters Young is a homegrwn talent and a national hero for not only the city but the state as well, ticket sales will invariably top any head count that Bush could bring in.

According to Titans quarterback Steve McNair:

"It's been a pleasure watching him mature as a player and as a person in the years I've known him," McNair said. "He's what an NFL quarterback's all about in this day and age. He can beat you with his arm or his legs.

"And he has the leadership abilities required of NFL quarterbacks."

Vince Young is a proven champion.

With his pinpoint passing and his spectacular running ability before a worldwide television audience, Young proved that he's a legitimate franchise quarterback whose improvement over the last year has been sensational.

After the game 2006 Rose Bowl, former USC and NFL safety Ronnie Lott said "Vince Young is the greatest quarterback to ever play college football". "Without question," said Trojans coach Pete Carroll, "that was the best [performance] I've seen by one guy."

This is not a regular draft year but an opprotunity to draft one of the most, electrifying and dominating prospects to have come out of the college ranks in many years.

Imagine what it would have been like if the Oilers had passed up Earl Campbell in 1978.

Yet the Houston Texans might do just that.

After the Denver Broncos lose or win out, Kubiak will be hired as The Houston Texan's coach Kubiak is regarded around the NFL as one of the brightest offensive coaches in the league. Quarterbacks are his specialty. He woud be a perfect fit for Mr. Young.

Whereas I believe that the above information is true and think that the Houston Texans would be making a big mistake by not drafitng Vince Young.

Sincerely,

THE UNDERSIGNED

2. BuffSoldier

BuffSoldier Hall of Fame

Jay Mack from 97.9 the box already has over 1000 signings of his petition. He een made a Draft Vince Petition Song.

3. LBC_Justin

LBC_Justin All Pro

Let the fan pressure begin.

Nothing ruins a team faster.

Oh well at least we have no where to go but up.

4. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

dont say that.....

Cardinals
    Chargers
    Saints
    Seahawks
    Bengals

how long did these teams suck? going 2-14 one year is a relatively small thing compared to decades on the bottom of the barrel.

The fan pressure is really really annoying and stupid. You want us to draft Vince? fine.. put in your 2 cents.. but attempting to force the staff into taking him is just idiocy. There is a reason why we are fans..and not scouts, coaches, GMs, and consultants.

5. Nighthawk

Nighthawk All Pro

They're not going to pick Young or anybody else because of fan pressure.

They might, if they're particularly bright, pick Young because he has a HUGE upside and very little risk, because if he comes here and doesn't excell in a year or two they can trade him to someplace that still believes.

To a degree, of course, the same is true of Bush though he has much less upside than Vince.

6. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

how has anyone convinced themself that there is little risk with Vince Young? He has played in a system that is far from pro level.. with talent that is better than most teams they played.. with the help of the best defense in college football.. he has bad mechanics..

how is he NOT a risk?

is it because he is a leader and motivator?

so draft the head of the Texas cheerleading squad. She is a leader and motivator too..and will look better in the tight pants.

7. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

Explain.

8. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

I guess its settled then we are drafting VY.

9. Tale Gator

Tale Gator ________

Whatever happens it's nice to see all this enthusiasm for a 2-14 team.

Reminds me of the Rockets before we got Yao.

10. MrGrievesII

MrGrievesII Rookie

Vince Young has a freakish speed and ability to elude tacklers. He has excelled at a high level, and in the two Rose Bowls was patient and then took his team on his back and over the game. Those who critique his throwing motion are splitting hairs. David Carr's mechanics are criticized too.

Of course the Texans will not cave in to fan pressure. The coach and general manager are evaluated by winns.

I just think that if the Texans don't pick Young they will be passing up on a once-in-a-lifetime athelete to win in the short term.

Daniel

http://www.draftvince.com/

11. HeartofHouston

HeartofHouston Veteran

Okay i've held my tounge and been as nice as possible about this whole draft Vince thing but I cant do it no more..

I heard about this draft Vince Young petition and all i could think about was.. "what the hell were you thinking J Mack?!?!?" and 80% of the people signing this draft vince petition dont know didly squat about what the "REAL GAME" of football is.. they seen the Bowl Game and say.. "Durrrr, this Young guy is fast, maybe we should draft him".. Not knowing the whole time that Young is NOT ready for the NFL..

These people signing this petition dont know anything about what the Texan's Need and what makes a good football team.. so while J Mack's stupid @$$ is out getting signatures.. what he doesnt realize is that this move WILL set our team back about 3 or 4 years...

If everybody drafted somebody because they were from that city or they played college in that state then alotta GMs would be fired for stupidity with the first overall pick you go for the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE.. not the BEST PLAYER FROM YOUR CITY..

This whole petition makes me sick to my stomach.. If we draft Young I swear to you that we will regret it.. The fans will cheer but and yeah if he starts then we'll pick up some extra fans in the stands.. but when we start losing again.. what happens to those fans???

12. ledzeppelin229

ledzeppelin229 Hall of Fame

Good to know that if these guys screw up again, we have that foolproof bailout plan. I mean, so we can be right back in the same position we are now with Carr? Since he's sooo tradeable right now.:brickwall

13. BREAZE

BREAZE Veteran

Well isn't this clever. Perhaps you should start a Bush petition under a different profile. Since when do you need to provide an e-mail address to sign a petition? How much are you getting for selling these addresses? I love junk e-mails and always wanted to know...

14. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

How has that turned out?

15. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

Not going to do it, wouldn't be prudent, not at this juncture....

16. Wharton

Wharton Site Contributor

I signed this petition, I signed the petition for the Box (that was hard cuz I'm a county boy), hell, I'll sign all the petitions! Bring'em on.

:stirpot:

17. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

Where is he BringBackBucky.com pettition. Ill sign that yesterday!!!

18. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

Wasn't there a petition to keep Beltran an Astro?

How'd that turn out?

And why the hell would I sign a petition saying my team should draft a player written by a fan, citing no NFL talent evalulators and endorsed by a freakin' RADIO DJ?

I'm thankful everyday that the front office isn't here (the MB) nor will they ever read this petition.

19. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

sigh....again, many debates about team needs...etc.
    do you have a crystal ball...etc.
    are you a scout...can you say reggie is the best?....etc.
    stop being flamelike.....and im done.

20. MrGrievesII

MrGrievesII Rookie

Well what makes you the expert on petitions. I am not selling the addresses except for your's. Perhaps you should start a Bush petition.