Draft Weekend

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Andrew6, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

Is anyone but me getting excited? Its the first step of the season. I wonder if we'll trade down, trade someone for more picks, Just sooooo many things that can happen. WOOO HOOO

2. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I'm pretty geeked.....getting my draft day eggrolls ready for some draft day munchin'....and I'm not even joking about that.

3. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I will be that guy on the ESPN commercial in a wedding trying to keep up with the draft the whole weekend. :texflag:

4. Polo

Polo Guest

What time does the draft start again ?

5. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

I go with the traditional pizza rolls.

I've decieded I do not like the new draft schedule, but it does let me go to my oldest's game in the morning and not miss anything; so it worked out great this year.

6. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I've been watching what I eat lately and it's seems like it's been a year since I've had pizza and wings. Well, I fully intend on choking down some wings come Saturday. IMO, the late start is sortof beneficial. I can prepare my grub and stuff my face while watching the talking heads run around like chickens with their heads cut off rather than taking a chance on missing something in the draft.

I'll be fat and sassy come draft time. :whip:

7. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

2pm

8. Dean 74

Dean 74 Rookie

so we'll pick around 5pm?

9. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

17 picks at a 10 minute max per, is ten minutes short of 3 hours. I will have my crackberry working right around 4:30.

10. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

my diet is out the window this weekend too. I have the vinny special recipe eggrolls with the smaller skins. Ancient Chinese secret stuff.

I don't know who rolled the draft back to 2pm but football fans want a noon kickoff....who doesn't know this?

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/networkschedule?selectedDate=04/26/2008&field=selectedDate (all times are Eastern).

11. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

As usual, I have to be in about three different places at the same time on Sat. Dance competition for the granddaughters, baseball for the grandboys, and the Texans draft, all at the same time. Maybe I'll just decide to sleep in!!:texflag: Wake up Sunday morning and find my grandkids have all had successful competitions, and the Texans have had another GREAT draft! I'm gettin to old and tired for all this!! Sleep sounds like the thing to do!!!:shetexan:

12. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

Yeah I'm ready for the draft. Look forward to it every year like it's a holiday. What makes it a little more exciting this year is we are all the way down at 18 and we don't know who might be there.

13. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

More packageable pre-draft programming equals more advertising dollars and/or maybe it was requested by the teams to have extra time before the draft since they have less time to make their picks.

I have not seen or looked for the rationale, but those would be my first guesses.

14. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

I think I'll roll with the NFL network coverage this year for a change. But I have noticed Casserly playing an ever larger role on that network the last couple of weeks. If he is on too much, I may have have to go back to Mel bighair.

I'm throwing my diet out the window too. It's all about pizza and junk food for me this weekend.

15. Dallas_Texan

Dallas_Texan Veteran

Did anyone else see that Sat. will only be the first two rounds this year? The last four will be Sunday. I'm kind of glad, b/c I will be playing golf in a tournament tomorrow, so I'll only miss the first round....I'll have a radio of course though!!

16. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

I like seeing Casserly on NFLN. Every time I see him, it reminds me that he's not working for us anymore!

17. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

Same here. He was on yesterday explaining "reaching" for a player. Fortunatley for us he is doing it for the NFL Network.

18. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I love eggrolls too. Although, I don't think I've had any homeade before. My local grocery store carries a brand that I've taken a liking to.

Well, at least we'll get about 7-8 hours of more draft speculation and mocks from the asshats.:)

19. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

I will be downing a boatload of wings (might be a beer or three with them) that I will pickup from BW3 with my sons best friend and we will have my son on speaker phone from Ankorage Alaska. Should be an interesting situation as my two grand daughters are at the stage were they want to be with dad a lot. He will have his hands full I expect.

20. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

I'll be at our annual draft party here in Corpus Christi. Brisket, sausage, chicken wings, carne guisada, charro beans, queso and sausage dip and whatever else people bring. Yeah, I think my diet is out the window this weekend. Oh and Yeungling Amber Lager.

Hey Vinny. You ever try lumpia? Pretty close to an egg roll. I buy homemade ones here and they are sure good. We had about 200 at last years draft party. Good eating.