Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Draft or Bust

beerlover

Hall of Fame
I think Hill just put himself into the conversation after today's combine performance. Underclassman, primarily a blocking WR with size 6-4 & blazing speed 4.30, 4.31 hand timed 4.36 electronic in forty. Runs through the whistle, good effort guy who's running style reminds me a little of Usain Bolt. Paired with Andre he would change how teams game plan against the Texans adding a new dimension to the offense.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I think Hill just put himself into the conversation after today's combine performance. Underclassman, primarily a blocking WR with size 6-4 & blazing speed 4.30, 4.31 hand timed 4.36 electronic in forty. Runs through the whistle, good effort guy who's running style reminds me a little of Usain Bolt. Paired with Andre he would change how teams game plan against the Texans adding a new dimension to the offense.
Where do you see him being drafted? According to everything on him, he'll likely be a project. I like the size and speed, but can he be a productive WR in the NFL? round 3 or 4?

beerlover

Hall of Fame
Where do you see him being drafted? According to everything on him, he'll likely be a project. I like the size and speed, but can he be a productive WR in the NFL? round 3 or 4?
It's so hard. Know this, Texan scouting department has probably already wrote a small book covering his positives & negatives. In the end it's how well a prospect fits a team needs, specific skill-set, character & background checks. Wish I could honestly answer your question, my best guess is after today, if everything adds up as believed, Stephen Hill will be drafted no later than 2nd rd.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
It's so hard. Know this, Texan scouting department has probably already wrote a small book covering his positives & negatives. In the end it's how well a prospect fits a team needs, specific skill-set, character & background checks. Wish I could honestly answer your question, my best guess is after today, if everything adds up as believed, Stephen Hill will be drafted no later than 2nd rd.
I hope he's around for our 2nd round pick, if that's the case. I would hate to see the Texans reach on a project in the 1st round. It didn;t work out so well the last time they did that.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
There will be have to be something that triggers a decision like this. Combine will soon pass & scouting departments will be reviewing tons of tape while the front office & director of Pro Scouting prepare for free agency. If Texans cannot come to terms with Mario Williams, best believe they address WR position with a notable free agent, thus lessoning need come draft day. Then more than ever someone like Hill would make an excellent 2nd rd. Choice.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
That's what I was thinking, watching Hill run. Effortless.

Hill long jumped 25'8-3/4" as a high school senior, still the state record. He also won the state 300M hurdles.
That's a world class athlete.

I knew he was going to run well but not blow away the field good.

Rd1. Hill/Randle

If the Texans dont draft Hill, the Pats will.

ckhouston

Veteran
Care to offer a argument as to why it's out of the question, instead of some one sentence snibbit? Because there is a "way" we take a WR in the first round...in fact it's a BIG way and a very logical assumption.
At 26 the BPA will not be a WR, and even if it was a "need" position, which it isnt, we wouldnt reach. We will take a receiver, but in the mid to later rounds.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
No way we take a WR in the first.
I'm pretty sure there are only 4 positions that will not be looked at in the 1st and
those would be QB, RB, PK and P. Other than that, I have no idea what position they will draft for. WR, OLB and NT seem like the likely candidates. If you can't see that, maybe you need to get your :fortune: tuned up. :kitten: