Draft Kevin Kolb...

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Doody, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Doody

Doody Rookie

and bring in Plummer on a 2 yr contract loaded with incentives... I dont see Plummer finding that many suitors and we have Kubiak to entice him over cheap. We can build our oline and groom Kolb for a year or so. This is actually assuming Kolb falls to the 2nd round, id even be willing to trade up in the 2nd round to grab him, maybe even back into the lower 1st. I know he could drop furthur, but who knows, the combine can do all sorts of thing for draft possitions. First round pick I'd still like to get Landry or the best cover corner available...I'm not opposed to trying Dunta at FS...and please throw as much money at samuels, clements, briggs, or thomas...i just want one of them please.

2. MrMeToo

MrMeToo All Pro

Yes! I'd take anything but Carr. Carr is still the same guy that sucked all season. Don't let one game fool you.

3. yourfavoritetexan42

yourfavoritetexan42 Veteran

I agree with drafting kevin kolb, and also maybe even bringing in plummer, but keeping carr here to compete for the job. Competition brings out the best in any quarterback. This could work out in many ways:

A- David Carr responds to the texans bringing in kolb and plummer, and he has a pro bowl season next season and plays with a sense of urgency because he isn't so comfortable knowing plummer and kolb are on his tail.

B- David Carr loses the job to Plummer and Kolb gets developed to be our quarterback of the future, while we see what Plummer can do in the short term seeing if he can make a playoff run.

My point is more competition never hurts. Now I am heavily against getting rid of Carr, because we have yet to give him a chance behind a legit pass blocking offensive line. We did for a few games this season, and he did very well (Eagles, even though we lost, he threw for 3+ touchdowns and no interceptions... and for first few weeks of this season he led the nfl in passing).

4. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

yup get plummer because he is better then carr in kubiaks system, draft kolb in the 2nd, i thinkhe will fall to us unless oakland takes him, but al davis is stupid so doubtful, and do the same thing the chargers did with philip rivers just sit him for 2 seasons, and he will be good

5. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I want nothing to do with Plummer. He was a bad QB on the Cardinals and had really only one good year with the Broncos. If you want to see football with lots of mistakes, then Plummer is your guy. Carr makes a few mistakes, but nothing like what Plummer has done over his career.

I definitely like what I've seen from Kolb so far. I'm curious to see what the combine does for Kolb's draft position, but if there's any reasonable way to get Kolb, I'd sure like to see him in a Texans uniform. QBs that come later in the draft always seem to want it more, rather than those who get drafted at the top and seem to have things handed to them.

6. Sportsfan

Sportsfan All Pro

Even though I disagree, i think Carr is gonna end up staying here. He probably won't start but he'll still be here.

7. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

Plummer led the Cardinals to the playoffs and even won a game. He'll make stupid mistakes but will make some big plays as well.

8. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

Kolb is looking bad right now.

9. Odogg

Odogg Rookie

What?!?! If you want to see football with alot of mistakes, CARR IS YOUR GUY! You have got to be related to Carr or something, geeez! Plummer would instantly upgrade this offense and put at least someone who the defense feels is A THREAT. At least Plummer has done SOMETHING in this league. Last year he played in the freakin AFC Championship GAME!! Jake has done well in Denver, the only reason he was benched is because Shanny is feeling the heat. He had to make the change since it would give him plenty of political cover if Cutler bombed and they missed the playoffs OR they made the playoffs but don't have any pressure on them since they are starting a Rookie QB. He was 7-4 when he got benched! Not 4-7!!

10. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

I take that back...77 yard pass by Kolb.

11. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

Jake Plummer is the perfect example of a guy succeeding because of the situation he's put in. I will put money down on people calling for his head within 5 games. He'll throw a left handed pass. LOL

12. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

How bad of a situation can you get in than being drafted by the Arizona Cardinals, yet he took that team to the playoffs and actually won a game.

13. kfranco_utexas

kfranco_utexas Veteran

Kolb is a great qb... A TRUE TEXAN!

14. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

Lets not draft Kolb because he is UH, I grow tired of the "college" ties (hear that UT people).

BUT, if Kolb is legit yeah, spend a later pick on him, cant hurt!

15. New_Texans

New_Texans All Pro

Why is everyone peeing themselves over Kolb. He reminds me of Carr in college plus, he isnt even playing in a NFL style offense. Hes been playing in that offense since high school of course hes going to look good.

16. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

If Kolb went to somewhere like Memphis would anyone care about him? Surely there are better QB's available in this draft that we can get in the second round.

17. axman40

axman40 Hall of Fame

So would you say VY or DJ are legit NFL players?

:tease:

18. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

Who is DJ?

Look how well the Titans look. Head Coach and Off Coord BOTH USC

Yet they did not draft the USC guy.

19. New_Texans

New_Texans All Pro

Derrick Johnson

20. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

Thank you