Dr Z on Demeco Ryans

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Nevimeister, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Nevimeister

Nevimeister Rookie

"I just saw a statistic that set me off. LB DeMeco Ryans is being called the NFL's total tackles leader. Phony, unofficial stats. No standing nor bearing upon civilized society. I think I mentioned that earlier in the season I got some coaching films from the club and did a three-game study on him. Very raw at that point. Swallowed almost every fake. But gifted with abnormal speed and a real burst, thus able to run down ball carriers all over the field. But please, let's leave the official statistics to the people who have signed up for them."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/dr_z/12/13/rankings.part3/index.html

2. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

That sounds like the exact opposite of what I've heard about Ryans' play. Can't say I really follow any one D player when I watch. Heck, I couldn't on TV much anyway. As far as the stats go, I have no idea. Don't know who the leader is or how close Ryans is, but he's one impressive rookie.

3. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

The best thing about SI is the Swimsuit issue...

Other than that SI can still kiss my ***... I'm still stewing from the disrespect shown to the Rockets by them... With that said, who cares what SI has to say!!

4. V Man

V Man Pumpkinhead

To show what little he knows. One of the knocks on Ryan coming out, was he wasn't as fast as he should be (not abnormal speed), but makes his plays on football instincts not speed. Also I guess all those tackles I see him make on the field are just figments of my imagination. (Leads the NFL in total tackles 127, or Solo Tackles 104) If he wanted to blast the stat reference, he should have said something like, the stat for most tackles is misleading due to the fact that the Texans offense is so bad, he is on the field all the time. Thus he has more chances to make tackles.

5. Rightnow

Rightnow Veteran

What's up with that?!? How come Demeco's stats are phony but everyone else has real ones? Ridiculous!

Something else is going on here. I wonder if Demeco caused him to lose a fantasy game. :D :D :D

6. V Man

V Man Pumpkinhead

Maybe the media needs to bring him down, because he makes their comments of "the Texans don't know how to draft" look bad when our 2nd round selection leads the league.

7. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

He's Doctor Z because if he were Doctor A he might know something .

8. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

9. kenneth24

kenneth24 Veteran

:tearup:
    If he were Dr. A, I would know what the A stood for!

10. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

He's got polaroids of somebody . I read his predictions and he's never close .

11. GoPats

GoPats Veteran

How is a tackle a phony stat? He never really explains that. If the guy is playing where he should be playing, he'll be in position to make tackles. Seems to me that Ryans has been in the right place a lot this year, especially for a rookie.

12. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Well, chaulk "Dr. Z" up as just another know-nothing fish hack along with most of them.

SI lost my confidence in them when they put a horse up as one of the 100 greatest athletes a few years ago. :loser

13. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

It's because he is a Houston Texan. We're a pretty bad team, so nobody wants to give us any credit.

14. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

DeMeco is still a little raw but it isn't hard to see his body control and suddeness. He does take himself out of plays, but I expect that out of a rookie. He was too tough on him, but Ryans is what he is and we have one of the best young linebackers in the NFL and he is just getting started.

15. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

Exactly.. if he's so rough and raw, and he's still hte leading tackler in the NFL.....

imagine the possibilities.

16. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah All Pro

Wow. He makes rookie mistakes. What a surprise.

He is still making plays all over the field and having an amazing rookie year. Dr. Z is being overly critical.

17. kenneth24

kenneth24 Veteran

Have Dr. Z and Charlie Casserly ever been seen in the same room together? They have to be the same guy...Dr. Z says Demeco isn't as good as we know and CC says VY isn't one of the Top 10 QB's in the league with less than 40 starts.:crazy: :spy:

18. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

If it wasn't for that mustache...I'm not sure Dr. Z would have a job. He hasn't done well at all this year.

19. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

People want to whack anything associated with the Texans right about now. Ryans is doing great and performing way beyond expectations. Dr. Z just saw Ryans take himself out of the gamewinning VY scramble and decided to pile on one of the few positives we have as Texans fans. Ryans is doing just fine.

20. valleytexfan

valleytexfan Hall of Fame

Forget Dr. Z. DeMeco is a stud. He's a Texan, and he won't give him the credit. What a loser.