DOWNTOWN HOUSTON TEXANS CLUB MEMBERS: It is Now Time to Prepare for DRAFT DAY!

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by MONARCH, Mar 29, 2006.

1. MONARCH

MONARCH Rookie

Greetings all.....

LAST COUNT, 2,079 members strong..and GROWING!

COME FORTH! For our native son VINCE YOUNG,will indeed stand tall upon the podium overlooking not only NEW YORK, but indeed all of TEXANS NATION!.....

We have very patiently stood by and watched with a TEXAS POISE all of the "rb's" amid their absolute desperate attempts at trying to "tear away" at our STRENGTH OF TEXAS TRADITION......by repeatedly coming forth upon this great website, and continously spewing forth every ounce of tobacco juice that they can muster in lieu of their little "area code carrying runniing back.....well, we will respectfully refer to him as the rb". Trying oh so desperately to stymie us into relenting our TEXAS FIRST STRONGHOLD.

YOU SHALL BE HEREBY INFORMED OF YOUR ROLES! For all we are awaiting at this point, are for the TEXANS FO to officially announce the actual site of the 2006 DRAFT DAY PARTY.......and then we shall commence!

THERE IS NO WAY UPON THIS EARTH THAT WE SHALL ALLOW FOR THE "cardinal and mustard colors of thr rb's" TO INCH THEIR WAY INTO OUR TEXAN MAINSTREAM.......NO WAY!

VINCE YOUNG, please know that we shall be representing your TRUE TEXAS STRENGTH in masses.....for when you look down from upon that podium in the City of New York.........you will be smiling that great TEXAS BORN smile of yours the same way you did the night that you beat the "rb's of the world" at their game........
    MONARCH

2. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Okay...:confused:

3. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

Not your best work MONARCH but funny nonetheless ....

4. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

D e l u s i o n s.....................o f...........................G R A N D E U R

We're not taking Young. Not gonna happen. It's Bush or Trade Down and the overwelming majority of people in this country think Leinart is better than Young.

5. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Yeah, I'll give 'im that.

6. MONARCH

MONARCH Rookie

"delusions of grandeur" .....you don't say.......

PLEASE my great pal.....COME FORTH and toss away your mustard and cardinal colored shades.....why don't you!

OH, and while you are at it.......why don't you try the "HJAM2006" For I am most certain that you will indeed appreciate the rhythm of the latest beat.....VY IS COMING HOME TO PLAY!
    MONARCH

thunderkyss likes this.
  7. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Your Pomposity,

Us hicks and peasants out here in Mustard and Cardinal land (aka Tomball) think your royal hinus will be sorely disapointed on draft day.

Signed,

Billy Bob Porky

nflnutswife likes this.
  8. texplayer2

texplayer2 Veteran

:hmmm: :popcorn: lol: Now that was funny.

9. MONARCH

MONARCH Rookie

YOU DON'T SAY.....

.....for surely you cannot mean the same mode of disappointment that the "rb's" within the natural habitat that we shall call "southern california", felt the night that they received their "cardinal and mustard" colors handed back to them upon that huge BURNT ORANGE PLATTER THAT WE SHALL CALL TEXAS?

Oh yea, and before I forget......... TOMBALL?
    MONARCH

awtysst likes this.
  10. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

I recognize that Metro prose....

11. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

i didnt see it..:confused:

12. MONARCH

MONARCH Rookie

Greetings AJ....

......you should know that I am indeed missing you BIG TIME! But I think that you may very well rest assured that we will get matters under control........VINCE IS COMING HOME!
    MONARCH

13. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

He lives in Phoenix? Mmmmm, didn't know that.

14. FILO_girl

FILO_girl I'm not here

Nah, he is going with daddy McNair (Steve, not Bob) in Titanland. Me thinks he has a soft spot for that icky Blue.

Monarch, you are a hoot but really....drinking Battle Red and Burnt Orange Koolaid in the same glass has some disasterous consequences. Like thinking VY is coming here....
    :howdy:

nflnutswife likes this.
  15. MONARCH

MONARCH Rookie

Greetings Filo girl...

THINK BACK to the last four years........for in reality, we have all been "HOOTING" in one way or another.........and what was the end result? A NATIONAL LAUGHINGSTOCK!

......so if infusing a little elixir of Battle red/Burnt Orange Kool Aid could prove to be a sound stategy...........GO FIGURE!
    MONARCH

16. MikeMc

MikeMc All Pro

The only way Vince Young will come to Houston (as a pro) is the annual visit he will make if he is drafted by the Titans.

I think at #3, the Titans will draft Leinart....not McNair's "son". Too much USC among the powers that be.......Fisher is was a Trojan, Norm Chow was the OC at USC (and was the tutor for Leinart). Chow will want someone who can master his offense, which Leinart has proven.

The last thing the flaming meatballs need is another QB that likes to run (and get injured).

17. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I think that many Titan fans disagree with that....I lived out there for a few years and I don't think many of them think of McNair as a failure. I thought the McNair led Super Bowl drive against the Rams was one of the great SB drives of all time. McNair drove the team down field despite poor protection. Dyson just had no yac abilities or that would have been one of THE greatest drives ever. McNair has been a rock despite his injuries.

thunderkyss likes this.
  18. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Welcome back Metro! You always have a way of adding a little spice to this board when it gets very boring!! BTW: I'm still looking for that "barf" smilie!!:) JK!!

19. MikeMc

MikeMc All Pro

Well, I am not sure Vince Young has the necessary tools that Steve Mcnair has.......it is easy to "lead" a team full of the best players in the country, but another one to bring avg players together for one common goal.

I did not say anything regarding Titans fans, but rather the Titans org....separate animal. Thank goodness for Billy Volek the past few years....he was able to step in for them and did fairly well. Do you think VY will like being the #3 QB?

Steve McNair did not have the flash and bravado (coming out of Alcorn St) that VY "demands respect for". McNair put his time in and was a solid QB for the Oilers and then a great QB for the Titans. VY seems to have that new generation feel to him.....demand respect now, and talk about proving it later. Too bad that is the opposite from reality.

20. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

Spare us the Shakesperian spat...For it will be Reggie Bush who is crowned the Texan hat....So as he shakes Tagliabues' hand, Vince will be seen daydreaming of his upcoming days in Tennessee or OAK...LAND
    :redtowel: