Doug Datish, C - Released

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by The Pencil Neck, Aug 5, 2007.

1. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

Prior to and during the draft, I remember some people wanted us to pick this guy up. I just saw that he was released by the Falcons.

With Chris White on the roster and Studdard possibly being groomed to move over to the C, I doubt we pick him up.

2. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/08/04/falnote_0805.html

Flowery Branch — Rookie center Doug Datish, a sixth-round draft pick from Ohio State, was placed on injured reserve by the Falcons on Saturday in a series of moves.

Datish's move means he will miss the season. He broke a finger on his left hand in organized training activities and broke his right wrist Thursday.

"Datish is an unlucky guy," Falcons president and general manager Rich McKay said.

3. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

That's weird.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/Articles/2007/08/Falcons_waive_two_sign_two.aspx

This just says he was waived, not IR'd.

4. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

He was my second pick for center behind Kalil. Fast and smart (played multiple positions in college.) Too bad about his injuries, though. I think he still has the potential to make a good center if he overcomes the injury bug.

5. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

PS at most if the injury rumors are indeed true. I don't think Studdard is best used at C, but I think he can play it well enough. I think he is a G. Either side really. I just don't know if we can offer a spot to Datish on our PS. He does move well laterally and have good size. I had him ranked as a 4th rounder, and that is average for a C. The only guy I had higher was Kalil.

6. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

Sounds like Datish needs to drink some milk with those brittle bones.

7. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

well as long as he is right handed (which most centers are) the finger shouldn't matter. the wrist is a problem and will take some time to heal but he should be ok in the end. I would have no problem finding a spot for him on the PS. Center has been a weakness forever and to get some quality at that position would be nice. Surprised the Falcons gave up so fast. What a wasted pick that was.