Dorsey and Mendenhall falling?

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by LZ, Apr 25, 2008.

1. LZ

LZ Veteran

I've got my brand new mock draft after the info I got about Dorsey and Mendenhall this evening screwed everything up. I still have Texans getting Chris Williams and he is a lock to the Texans if he falls to 18.... a mortal lock.

I've included all players the Texans might look at in the 7 rounds of the draft as well as rumors and other crap.

http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/

Fox likes this.
  2. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

How much do you think the Texans still want a RB? With the addition of Chris Brown in the offseason plus Taylor, Walker, and Green still on the roster, would they consider taking a RB in the first round over a CB?

3. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

Dorsey at 5..... wow, what a bargain.

4. Texaninlild

Texaninlild Hall of Fame

I think LZ had a possible pick of Kevin Smith in round 3. That would be a nice pickup IMO. I don't know about his attitude, but he has talent.

5. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

What info is that? Specifically Mendenhall but both would be good.

6. LZ

LZ Veteran

I think they would. I think they would probably prefer Stewart, but I think Mendenhall could be in play at 18 if Williams goes 12, 13 or 14.

7. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

I doubt that Jordy lasts the 2nd round. He is a big time receiver. Highly underrated in this draft.

8. LZ

LZ Veteran

Nothing really specific.... just that Rams looked like they had decided on Long and the Falcons were sticking with Ryan. If that happens, then Dorsey could go 5 to Chiefs. I'm interested to see if Dorsey ends up in Atlanta and then Baltimore tries to move up to secure Ryan. I would probably sit there if I were baltimore and wait for him to find me at 8.

9. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

Atlanta would be stupid to pass on Ryan because he is the best QB in this draft and there is nothing looming next year. Unless a QB emerges out of no where and then you have to consider if he is a one year wonder.

10. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

LZ. You don't think the Raiders would snag Dorsey at #4 since Sapp retired?

11. LZ

LZ Veteran

They should, but Al Davis still breathes.

12. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sp...895FAFF1985599208625743700139FEA?OpenDocument

Well what it means 'bout thirty minutes into the process, we're going to have a perfect storm with the most entertaining charcter in the NFL, Al Davis. Gong to be a hoot. Probablity exsists that Dorsey, D Mc and Gholston will all be on the board for the Raiders.

NFLn is suggesting....The Saints are in the market to move up for Dorsey once he moves past the Raiders..I doubt they redo Rickey Williams, but they want him bad. Sedrick Ellis is being dangled at Cincinatti, like I posted yesterday, BTW....by the patties. might be some movement tomorrow. I thought they would take a corner but they way they talked on the show tonight, New England is looking to move back. So much for Rivers as a top ten there YTF.

So I guess the question is what would it take to get K.C. off of the high end DE or the pick of the Litter at the rest of the OTs ? Shouldn't you take the blue chip top seven guy when you get the chance ? Me I take albert and jump Chicago for Ohat ...problem solved. I'll figure everything else out with the other nine picks.

13. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

You're right. Who friggin knows what Davis will do. He is even worse than Bud Adams.

14. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

Al Davis may try to draft Howie Long....

No that wasn't a typo.

:crazy:

15. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

i see Mendenhall falling before Dorsey. one's a decent back in a class of good backs and the other is an elite DT prospect in a very weak class at that position.

16. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Dorsey falls only because of his medical issues, both knees are shredded & some team is going to invest millions? I had him slipping to #9, the Bengals & Sedric Ellis converts as the next best tackle with a clean bill of health. I also feel the same about Mendenhall as LZ. good work.

17. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Gosselin has Williams taken by the Chiefs at #5, and LZ sees him falling all the
    way to #18 ? Very Interesting ?

18. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

If any of you saw the piece on Mendenhall on NFL-N, he has a pretty sound support structure (thanks to Mom). Off the field, he is a lock to do well wherever he goes (I'm sure he's secretly hoping it's the Bears). On the other hand did anyone see how McF's mom said she 'hated' NY? The Jets fans will have fun with that if that happens.

Dorsey doesn't fall far if he falls (def not outside of the top ten).

I agree Williams is the pick if there at 18. After that I'm prepared to hear Mike Jenkins name, or possibly even a shocker like Jerod Mayo. The Texans only have only 6 linebackers on their roster and one of them is named Kevis Coley. edit: Lance, I read your blog entry after making this comment and I see you have Mayo in the Top 15. He is indeed a 'riser' and one I would be totally happy with the Texans taking at 18 if he's there (and Williams and DRC aren't).

This draft is going to be loads of fun to watch between picks 2-9 but then painful from 10-17 as we see a lot of our want's go off the board.

19. LZ

LZ Veteran

"Falling" is a relative term. If Dorsey goes from 2 to 5, that is a big fall. Mendenhall could be at 18 for the Texans too and I'm starting to think the K. Rivers is there.

20. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

If Mendanhall is there at 18, I will be excited. He is the best RB in this draft.