Don't Draft Young

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Sutton=08Heisman, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Sutton=08Heisman

Sutton=08Heisman Veteran

Texans should draft Bush, not VY. Wait til like the 2nd round and draft Marcus Vick. He has a bright future ahead of him and is way better than VY. Vick has not had a bad game all year!!! He is going to be a huge steal and a star in the NFL. He has a great attitude, unlike VY. Let me know what you think.

2. BradK10

BradK10 Hall of Fame

HAHAHA

no bad game all year? ha ha ha ha, did you miss the Miami game and the FSU game?

3. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

Yes, Marcus Vick's attitude got him cut from his college team. Young's attitude gets his coach and all of his players behind him and gets his team a national championship.

Sigh.

ETA: this team doesn't like basket cases.

4. T_Guru

T_Guru Rookie

5. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

One would hope.

6. Sutton=08Heisman

Sutton=08Heisman Veteran

Name me one thing he has done to show he has a bad attitude

7. LikeABoss

LikeABoss All Pro

Okay, i'll let you know what I think.

Vick played terribly against the Miami Hurricanes and was the primary reason they lost, a game which they shouldn't have lost. And Vick does not have a great attitude, what do you think got him kicked off the Hokies? The guy is a head case, but he will probably get drafted in the later rounds, the fifth round being the earliest.

8. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

Well Vince Young can cure cancer, AIDS, and poverty so McNair would be stupid not to draft him. :sarcasm:

9. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

Yeah so does Ron Artest and T.O.

10. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

How about the most recent thing- intentionally stomping on another player's leg and then lying about apologizing to the guy?

11. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

marcus vick is a 2nd round pick??? on what planet. Maurice clarett lasted till the end of day 1

12. CyberTexan

CyberTexan Veteran

after the rose bowl I too like many of you had 2nd thoughts on picking Bush or Young but after thinking about it long and hard and reading every piece of info I could find I have to say everything points to picking Bush that is the best choice by far . You have to keep in mind Youngs performance was against the 39th ranked defense , if you think about the games he had against A&M and Oklahoma to name a couple it wasnt near as good actually almost dissaster . Young wont be able to play like the rose bowl game against the NFL theres no way . Look at Vick sure he wins for that team sometimes but he gets hurt alot and for long periods of time and he has never taken that team to the big game and Vick is alot faster than Young . Picking Young will be like starting over too will take 2 or 3 years at least to develope where as Bush will be an imediate help not only as a HB but as a WR too wouldnt it be nice to have Bush and Davis sharing the running duties plus having Bush as another WR threat. So in my mind Bush is still the right way to go. I dont think our team is that bad as we are sure we need some help here and there but I think it was just poorly coached and they underachieved .

13. Afrokid

Afrokid Rookie

are u kidding or being seriouse??? uhh....Marcus Vick is going to be a raven btw.

14. swtbound07

this might be the worst 5 post start to a message board in history....1st overall pick in 09, followed by marcus vick being our 2nd round pick? Where do you people come from?

15. Sutton=08Heisman

Sutton=08Heisman Veteran

I come from Mecca

16. Huge

Huge Hall of Fame

I'd be banned if I told you what I really thought. :)

swtbound07 likes this.
  17. Sutton=08Heisman

Sutton=08Heisman Veteran

In case everyone hasn't figured it out pretty much all of my posts have been a joke. The only reason why I said that about Vick was b/c he just got kicked off the team

18. swtbound07

your user name being sutton08 heisman leads me to believe you were pretty serious about your bs intro post and your insightfull commentary into the 09 draft...after having been called out for ignorance by several people, you try to start a new point about marcus vick to draw attention from the old pick.....upon discovering that the vick point was indeed....stupid, you post that everything you say is a "joke".....if those are the impressions you are trying to convey, we do have emoticons ya know.....

19. Sutton=08Heisman

Sutton=08Heisman Veteran

What is so ignorant about making a joke? If anyone would think for 2 seconds they could figure out I was just kidding. I'm very sorry if I hurt or offended you in any way since you are so emotional.

20. swtbound07

not emotional at all.....i merely point out what happens and what i think about it. Pardon if i find your contributions a bit lacking friend. Its just my opinion, what do you care?