Donald Drivers interview with Stephen A. Smith

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by SBTexans08, Jan 26, 2006.

1. SBTexans08

SBTexans08 All Pro

Driver was on quite frankly with Steven A. Smith yesterday. I think it was a new episode. Anyhow, he said if he couldn't be back in GB, that the first place he would want to go to play would be the Texans. He said thats his home town, and he's always wanted to play for his home town/state. He said he didn't care what shape the organization was in, he'd still be more than willing to go there. That would be an amazing pickup IMO.

O, and he said he would want Vince Young as his QB if he went there

cap1 likes this.
  2. O.G.

O.G. Veteran

Can someone say 2nd Receiver......

3. SBTexans08

SBTexans08 All Pro

I went to school with Donal Driver. Milby High School baby!

4. Glacier

Glacier Veteran

scary....

AJ, Donald Driver, Dominack Davis and....(anyone but Carr) cutler/VY/Leinhart.

5. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Fine, the entire MB understands you and a number of other people don't like Carr. We get it--there is no need to polute every thread with an anti-Carr statement. By the way, from the Kubiack/McNair interviews today, it looks like about a 1% chance Carr isn't going to be the QB.

6. SBTexans08

SBTexans08 All Pro

I was just about to pose a question in this regard. Tentative on a trade of course in order to acquire Driver...

Would you prefer....

Carr, Bush, Davis & Johnson

or

Young, Davis, Driver & Johnson, and the extra draft pick (should be a 1st rnd) for trading Carr, which could turn into a 1st round LB, OL, Ledell White, etc.

7. Glacier

Glacier Veteran

yea, i gathered.

the good news is that functional vet free agent QBs hit the market all the time. there is hope after Kubiak fails to "save" Carr. Maybe they will have Reggie and an O line to help groom a later 1st round pick in the future like a Big Ben.

8. O.G.

O.G. Veteran

And an 95% Chance of getting Bush or trading down. Also like the fact with 610 talking to McNair, that McNair is giving Kubiak someone the reins in personnel. He said it wouldn't be fair to ask him to do a job and not give him what he would need to succeed. McNair said that they didn't give Carr what needed to succeed and pointed out Tom Brady. He said Brady was an all world QB, but in the playoff with average talent surrounded looked sub-par.

9. Glacier

Glacier Veteran

Well....

Thats an interesting question. It has pretty much been proven that a monster QB alone can't win by himself. (Marino and Elway pre TD). Like wise, a monster RB does not seem to be enough to win alone either. (Barry Sanders, LT)

Rarely, a defense will win you one - Ravens.

It is, at the end of the day, a team sport so, balance is a good thing. Need just enough O to out score the other team and just enough D to keep the ball in your O's hands.

In the case of Manning up in Indy...i dont know WTF is wrong with that team. They have enough D, they have all the offensive talent in the world...they have a good HC.....*shrug*

J-Storm likes this.
  10. Glacier

Glacier Veteran

yea, I don't understand this statement. it the same offensive talent he has had all along. Last I checked, his receivers were all the same, his RBs were the same and his tight end was upgraded.....

the difference with NE this year is, they had too many injuries and losses on the defensive side of the ball to compete, imho.

11. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Isn't Donald Driver a cancer in the locker room. I do have to say that getting Driver to come back to Texas is a nice consolation for not having Vince Young in a Texans uniform.

12. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

I do like the idea of AJ and Driver starting with Mathis our slot receiver and a nice rookie TE. That just has some great potential there (regardless of what we do at QB and RB).

13. Htown34s

Htown34s Veteran

Unfortunately, we can't get a 1st rounder for Carr in a trade.

14. Glacier

Glacier Veteran

the guy just wanted to be paid at the level he was performing. It wasn't a case like TO where he had just signed a big contract for big money and wanted more.

15. SBTexans08

SBTexans08 All Pro

never know.... Coaches don't think the same as regular spectators and neither do they see the same things for face value as spectators. Coaches have a wiser frame of thought and see things we don't want to or can't see.

16. SBTexans08

SBTexans08 All Pro

Ummm....that was Javon Walker last off-season, not Donal Driver. Driver is real low-key with a whole lot of talent.

17. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

we're not going to trade carr, so all of you can hush. If driver comes to the team, we'd have two sets of double d's with which we will wreak havoc on opposing defenses. that's all i have to say on this.

18. O.G.

O.G. Veteran

Same can be said about the Texans and we wen't 2-14. In fact, we added a pro-bowl kick off returner. Basically what I got from his statement was that Denver in the playoffs made Brady and NE look like they were playing the Texans in a regular season game.

19. HardKnockTexan

HardKnockTexan All Pro

the good coaches do atleast.

20. Glacier

Glacier Veteran

hmm....well, that makes it even better. i thought it was driver who was pushing for a new contract last year. I'm not much of a GB fan.