Domanick Williams to Green Bay??

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Navy_Chris, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

What about this?

TRADE

Green Bay Packers get

Domanick Williams

Houston Texans get

Aaron Rodgers
    4th round draft choice

The deal makes sense for both teams. Green Bay replaces the oft-injured, aging Ahman Green and Houston gets their QB of the future in Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers didn't get a fair shake in Green Bay sitting behind Brett. He learned will under Favre for 2 seasons and now it's time to come to Houston and help lead this team to the promise land.

2. t_flare

t_flare Veteran

1) Farve didnt want to teach Rogers so how much he learn is still a question.
    2) They have some guy name Green there who is a very good back
    3) Rogers is not a highy rated QB in the first place and doesnt fit in the roll out QB style.

3. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

i'm going to respond to you number by number:

1) We have a guy named Sage he can sit behind for a little bit to learn from
    2) Green is a free agent who they don't want back
    3) Not a highly rated QB because he hasn't gotten any playing time. Kubiak prefers pocket passers; the ability to roll out is an added bonus...but not a must

4. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

There are reports that Green Bay isn't impressed at all with Rogers, thats why they aren't biting at the bit to play him. He has struggled in both camps and frankly there are better options in the draft. Rogers isn't any upgrade over Sage, so whats the point in getting him

5. Hutch13

Hutch13 List of demands

No possible way are we going to get Aaron Rodgers and a 4th for DD/DW. I'll be happy if we can JUST get a 4th for him. Dom Williams probably wont be able to carry the load next season.

6. painekiller

painekiller Hall of Fame

I have never seen that Kubiak prefers pocket passers? So why did he cut Ragone the pocket passer , who Kubiak thought could not throw while rolling out?

7. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

I strongly believe that Brian Brohm, if he falls to us, which is unlikely, would be a Kubiak favorite. He is fairly mobile, but for the most part...a pocket passer. I want Sage to start for us next season and David to be somewhere else sucking his thumb...

I simply thought I'd throw it out there about Rodgers. I liked watching him play in college and was interested in what you all thought. Cutting Ragone was a mistake. Kubiak wanted to bring in Sage from day one...so Ragone was a definite casualty.

8. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

Brian Brohm isn't even in this year's draft.

9. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

I was talking about next year...if he falls to us, but he's probably a Top 5 pick, don't you guys think?

10. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

You're already planning for the '08 draft?

11. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

Why, of course! You have to think long term when you're trying to rebuild a team. Obviously, players' names are popping into my head that I think could contribute.

12. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

no offense, just a pet peeve of mine. It bothers me when I see "rebuild a team", this team has never been built at all. We are still trying to build the team..............damn after 5 years, multiple high draft picks, multiple highly paid FA acquisitions, thats sad.

Once again THANK YOU CHARLIE!!!!

13. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

you're absolutely right!

offensively, we have johnson, moulds and taylor
    defensively, we've got ryans and williams...robinson is questionable in the area of pass coverage, but in terms of stuffing the run, there's no CB in the league better than him

DocBar likes this.
  14. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

oh yeah, and we've got a return man that goes by the name of Mathis...Jerome Mathis. If he could stay healthy, Devin Hester could have some competition. If he can't stay healthy, Dexter Wynn is a formidable return man himself.

15. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

we could be a dangerous team if we get better and draft Brohm next year. I'm not hoping for a bad season by any means but i hope a lot of teams address their QB issues this year so he slips to us. wow...then since Oline is looking to be good next year maybe a good OL guy fall to us in the 2nd.

I'm gettin' gitty just thinking if we could get brohm and he plays up to his potential for us.

Oh and no its never too early to be thinking of next years draft...i guess im too used to being a texan fan....jeez this draft is still months away! lol

16. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

Looks like he is planning on the Texans stinking if he thinks that we will in position to draft the early favorite to be the top rated QB.

17. amazingandre

amazingandre All Pro

ya well green bay would most likely trade for aaron but i dont think theyd take dw......not sure who wuold could trade but not him....they have a chance at resigning a decent but old back and will prolly choose not to.....aaron rogers obviously isnt liked....who will be????they have to live up to brett favre a hof qb......u know that they ll not be happy for sometime after favre leaves......aaron is good but he is like david carr no respect from the community....but aaron hasnt gotten a chance yet and carr hass......i think he would do wonders for this team....plus we have sheman to mkae it go through..............

18. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Just FYI, Aaron Rodgers was taught by Jeff Tedford. You know who else was? David Carr. Kyle Boller was also. It seems that all his QB pupils do great in college but don't do so well in the pros. I don't think Green Bay would trade a 4th round pick for Domanick Williams/Davis straight up much less adding in their backup QB.

19. old football fan

old football fan Veteran

DD/DW trade wouldn't work, so how about this one. Carr, our 1st for GB 1st ,3rd, and 4th round

20. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

You don't pay CB's to stuff the run. You pay them to keep receivers from catching the ball. His ability to play the run should be an added bonus. Other than that, nice post.

I can't see DD/DW passing a physical, so trades are out. Has everyone forgotten last year? This seems like a rerun except we're saying Williams instead of Davis