Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Domanick Davis thoughts from NFL Network

Last night on NFL network, they spun around the league and touched base on the Domanick Davis aspect, saying he might be placed on the unable to preform list which would not allow him to come back till week six, is this true, someone let me know please, did not sound good at all:crutch:

I just heard NFL network say Dvis told them he"ll be ready for the opener.

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS said:
Last night on NFL network, they spun around the league and touched base on the Domanick Davis aspect, saying he might be placed on the unable to preform list which would not allow him to come back till week six, is this true, someone let me know please, did not sound good at all:crutch:
Look up "CloaknnnDagger, he's posted some very informative thoughts on this subject. And yes, that's what I believe is going to happen. DD goes on the PUP list at the final cut down. IIRC, means he won't be available to come back untill mid-October. I dunno, & I'm not in the loop, just my best guess.

Comment made by head coach Gary Kubiak after practice on Friday Aug. 26.

(on whether RB Domanick Davis will possibly be on the 53-man roster) “There’s no doubt. He ran yesterday. It is week-to-week with him. We’ll sit down with the doctors with him and really get a thorough evaluation of where he is at and where we think he’s going, and then that will be a decision we’ll have to make.”

Based upon what we've heard so far, I'd be very surprised if DD is playing in the opener against Philly.

My money would be on Morency or Lundy getting the starting job right now, but we've still got two more pre-season games to evaluate them, so we'll soon see.

Marcus said:
Comment made by head coach Gary Kubiak after practice on Friday Aug. 26.

(on whether RB Domanick Davis will possibly be on the 53-man roster) “There’s no doubt. He ran yesterday. It is week-to-week with him. We’ll sit down with the doctors with him and really get a thorough evaluation of where he is at and where we think he’s going, and then that will be a decision we’ll have to make.”

Doesn't this statement seem contradictory?

Double Barrel said:
Based upon what we've heard so far, I'd be very surprised if DD is playing in the opener against Philly.

My money would be on Morency or Lundy getting the starting job right now, but we've still got two more pre-season games to evaluate them, so we'll soon see.

What have we heard?? That DD doesn't trust it?? That DD expects it to feel like it used to, & doctors saying that it is unrealistic??

That Doctors say that his knee is fine??

How much more sitting down with doctors will there be? I thought the doctors already said he is going to have to learn to play throughthe pain?

thunderkyss said:
What have we heard?? That DD doesn't trust it?? That DD expects it to feel like it used to, & doctors saying that it is unrealistic??

That Doctors say that his knee is fine??

Well, Kubiak can't commit to a timetable for his return, or even if DD will available on opening day. He's hasn't been in football shape since last year, before he was injured. So I doubt they'll let him play in a matter of weeks.

Plus, DD hasn't been healthy for a full season in his career. My hunch is that this injury is worse than publicized, and his recovery is taking longer than anyone expected.

threetoedpete said:
Look up "CloaknnnDagger, he's posted some very informative thoughts on this subject. And yes, that's what I believe is going to happen. DD goes on the PUP list at the final cut down. IIRC, means he won't be available to come back untill mid-October. I dunno, & I'm not in the loop, just my best guess.

we dont really need to rush davis back if we have good depth with lundy and morency

Let him get healthy, you know what they say even Stacey Mack could rush for a 1000 yards with this O J/K. All kidding aside we have two guys who can get the job done so let him heal and get him half way through the season to make a late season run even it is to get back to 500.

Back