• Dom Davis

Votes: 120 87.6%
  • Michael Bennett

Votes: 17 12.4%

• Total voters

HJam72

Hall of Fame
Kaiser Toro said:
I think we should see if he can play QB first in the new system, before we move him to RB.
That's funny because I was thought about you when I decided to joke at his expense. :)

R

real

Scooter said:
DD. if he stays healthy, his production as a starter equals more than 2000 yards total offense. bennett's a homerun guy, but has done so with an established line and getting his yards in junktime & passing downs. if you can argue for dd's production, james allan average 3.3 yards per carry & stacey mack averaged 2.7ypc ... while DD averaged 4.3 as a rookie behind the exact same line & coach. he's also held up for 230+ carries every season (and 300+ once), while bennett has only crossed 200 once. also, despite being a "homerun" guy, bennett's even weaker in the touchdown department (12 in 5 years, dd has 23 in 3) and is not as strong as a pass catching option.

I hate stats...

JAXwithanX

Waterboy
HJam72 said:
That's funny because I was thought about you when I decided to joke at his expense. :)
probably would have been a little funnier if i wouldn't have addressed the mistake in the 2nd post on the thread....and pretty much throughout the whole thread.

JAXwithanX

Waterboy
TexanFan881 said:
I finally got my account activated and I posted one on their other message board. :redtowel:

http://www.vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?p=108541#108541
looks like overwhelmingly the same results....i think we can just stop all the talk about Bennett being the starter now. Bennett - situational back. we here don't realize that at least 90% of the league holds DD on a pretty high pedestal as far as RB's go. we over here are just are all too busy trying to convince and pray that all David Carr needs is a line.

TexanFan881

All Pro
JAXwithanX said:
looks like overwhelmingly the same results....i think we can just stop all the talk about Bennett being the starter now. Bennett - situational back. we here don't realize that at least 90% of the league holds DD on a pretty high pedestal as far as RB's go. we over here are just are all too busy trying to convince and pray that all David Carr needs is a line.
Yes, that's the way I am beginning to look at it now too. I'm not going to let my opinion override the opinion of fans that watched him plenty of the last few years. A lot of them did say that he would be a great addition for us, and after looking at this thread and past posts, it seems like he's got great character and attitude and it sounds like he would fit in perfectly here. It makes me really hope that he comes here.

JAXwithanX

Waterboy
Yeah I definitely think he'll be a great addition to the team....he is a super athlete and imagine he will probably break off some off the better plays for the Texans next year (of course if this all goes down).

I picked Domanick Davis for obvious reasons, but I wont be surprised if Michael Bennett got some plays because Gary is trying to fit back into the system he had in Denver with Mike Anderson and Tatum Bell.

Hmm... I believe that was a pretty good system so they both will make an impact on the Texans

Good Job Gary!:cool:

jdog

Rookie
Porky said:
Okay, let's make this fair. I said when completely healthy Bennett is the better back. That should be the criteria. Obviousely, health has been an issue. Secondly, it's not exactly objective asking a bunch of Texans homers. That's like asking showing a man a picture of his wife and Eva Longeria, and expecting him to say Eva is prettier when the wife is standing there. Half these people have probably never seen Bennett play. Not objective! :hides:
Domanick Davis is not standing here, and I would definitely say Eva is prettier without my wife standing here. Domanick is a better running back. If you want to say Bennett is better when he is healthy, then I would say Davis is better when he is stepping into the endzone.