Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Domanick Davis Needs to Step it Up!!!

El_DudeArino

Waterboy
C'mon baby high step it, move it, swing it!!!! Let's go baby, pick up the run game, hit the holes harder... I'm going to give Dom the benefit of the doubt and say he breaks 100 yds this week. Let's pull for our boy, all the energy of support will move it.... :excited:

:soldier:

The broncos defense is going up against the best zone blocking line in the league all this week :).. our running game is gonna have a hard time I think.

Thank God somebody finally not downing Davis !!! I think he is still a great back regardless of how the first half of the season has been going for him ! Once he has one big game and gets his confidence back he will be as dangerious as he was last season !

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooo he is a great every down back not a 3rd down back,,,you can see that in his ability !! Just having a rocky season so far the second half will be better for him !

SteveMcK4 said:
Let's go baby, pick up the run game, hit the holes harder...
I dont want him to hit the hole harder. I want him to wait. He is trying to get to the hole before it opens up. His quick feet are killing him right now. Let the line open up some holes first...

texan279 said:
I don't think he has the durability to be an every down back.

Fred Taylor missed 24 of his first 64 games. DD has missed 3 of his first 23. I think he will prove to be more durable than Taylor. Will he be as productive is the question?

wags said:
Fred Taylor missed 24 of his first 64 games. DD has missed 3 of his first 23. I think he will prove to be more durable than Taylor. Will he be as productive is the question?
Dom is not in Fred Taylor's class. Dom is a nice little back, but FT is an explosive game changer.

wags said:
DD has missed 3 of his first 23.
Davis also missed part of the Carolina game last year, part of the Chiefs game this year, part of the Titans game this year, and parts of some others but most importantly he missed the Chiefs and Titans game in the second half where it is crunch time...

Fiddy said:
Davis also missed part of the Carolina game last year, part of the Chiefs game this year, part of the Titans game this year, and parts of some others but most importantly he missed the Chiefs and Titans game in the second half where it is crunch time...

Taylor missed parts of the Texans game, but he still gets credit for a game played. I'm just comparing them in terms of games played early in their careers. That's the only way I can think of to compare durability.Is Fred Taylor durable? If he is, then DD's NFL record so far would show him to be super durable. I don't think durability is a major problem for DD. DD just has some nagging injuries. He hasn't missed significant time yet, like Taylor.

DD's had a bad year 3rd Coast. He's fumbled up a storm and he's been nicked up sitting on the bench watching Wells revive his career a little bit and I think he's suffering from a combination of the line not executing the zone blocking scheme and himself trying to "make it happen" too much. I've noticed that the last couple of times I've watched Davis run he's almost completely stopped cutting back and he's just charging into a spot where the blocking is headed.

That tells me that either there isn't anywhere to cut back to (the line's not creating openings in the manner they're supposed to be able to using this scheme) or he's not seeing it.

We know he was cutting back and finding the cracks in the first game as well as in his brief preseason time so he can do it. The line can also do it. For some reason they're just not doing it.

They will though. The longer they work at it the better they're going to get and Davis is going to settle back down and let it come to him instead of trying to force it.

Grid said:
The broncos defense is going up against the best zone blocking line in the league all this week :).. our running game is gonna have a hard time I think.

Davis will have a big game Sunday BECAUSE the Broncos defense is practicing against the best zone blocking line in the league. They do it right. We will do it wrong and confuse them, lol, resulting in big rushing yardage. :hehe:

HJam72 said:
Davis will have a big game Sunday BECAUSE the Broncos defense is practicing against the best zone blocking line in the league. They do it right. We will do it wrong and confuse them, lol, resulting in big rushing yardage. :hehe:

HaHa u may be right lol:

i'll settle for 80-100 yards a game and the zone blocking working. DD can have 2000 yards next year.

Grid said:
i'll settle for 80-100 yards a game and the zone blocking working. DD can have 2000 yards next year.

I don't know bout that, DD is good enough for now but he's not a 2000 yrd back.. And I don't know if he will be the #1 next year pending FA and the Draft

There were signs last game that showed he might be headed back to where he needs to be. I also now believe the confidence in Carr and the Oline from the coaching staff has increased thus the number of carries won't be as much. Which is fine by me. Don't fix what aint broken.

El Tejano said:
There were signs last game that showed he might be headed back to where he needs to be. I also now believe the confidence in Carr and the Oline from the coaching staff has increased thus the number of carries won't be as much. Which is fine by me. Don't fix what aint broken.

Bro, if you can't control the running game, you won't be a winner later on or in the big game. Passing only has never been a superbowl winning offense, at least as far as we know of here in America.... :twocents:

Back