Dolphins sign Marcus Vick

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Texas, May 15, 2006.

1. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

2. TwinSisters

TwinSisters Hall of Fame

All joking aside.

If I was running the camp, I would have signed him. I'm kinda old school with the character issues. There are people that are far worse then lil Vick ever was. I draw the line at criminal issues ( minus weed, plus steroids ), but outside of that, flipping off fans and that stomp... pffft, must've never seen Davidson or Ham play... or some folks just select to remember only certain things.

( NFL.com is running a Davidson/Raiders clip right now )

On to strictly football:
    I want to see some teams start featuring a two or three throwing back approach . Just to shake things up and give me something new to watch. Having a slot WR that can throw and run is a pretty good thing to have ( and that might make up for his under-developed hands/route running )

3. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

I think he can easily be there #3 QB if he plays to his capabilites in training camp. There roster has Culpepper and Harrington, and then there's a bunch of undrafted rookies, so I think he's got a good shot. Miami obviously didn't think he wasn't that bad when he came in for them.

4. Huge

Huge Hall of Fame

I think they may have a position change in mind for him. They weren't impressed at all with his QB talents during the mini-camp.

I'd say best of luck to him but it wouldn't be sincere.

5. Rightnow

Rightnow Veteran

I doubt he will make the team. All other teams in the NFL past over him and he is a good athlete. That tells me that his off the field stuff is worse than what was reported.

6. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

His future:

[​IMG]

7. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

he'll be the 5th QB on the roster if he was a QB. culpepper and harrington are clearly above him, and i'm even tempted to put cleo lemon ahead of harrington, because he's been in the system longer, and from all accounts, is pretty good. then there's the undrafted justin holland, who reminds everyone of a poor man's jay cutler. looked good in the mini-camps.

so essentially what we're looking at here is a position change for vick. new OC mike mularkey is familiar with this sorta thing from his pittsburgh days. but making the team as a receiver won't be easy, either. chris chambers, marty booker, derek hagan, wes welker, kelly campbell, devin aromashadu, fred murphy, fred gibson, and some other PS'ers. he'll have to have a helluva preseason (including camps and practices) just to make the practice squad.

8. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

Why did they sign him?, I doubt this guy changed over night, or maybe seeing himself not getting drafted was the kicker, Good Luck to the Dolphins.:cool:

9. Kingsville66

Kingsville66 Rookie

I wonder why Atlanta didn't pick him up as a back up to big bro? I would think that Big Bro could keep him out of trouble for a while.