Dolphins pull a Texans

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Vinny, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

In case you guys don't know, aj is blogging at the Houston Texans Examiner. It is a new site that has some journalistic standards so the blogs are of a pretty high quality. Bookmark it!

2. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

I said that too, infact, I was rooting for Miami to get the TD so we would have time. If Mario makes that tackle we burn a Timeout, they get another play, if they're stopped again we burn another timeout and they kick a field goal, otherwise we're still down by more then a FG and only have 1 timout left.

3. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

Damn, how long has aj been writing for them? I miss the stuff he wrote for HT.com, back in the days :)

4. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Good job, AJ.

:texflag:

5. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Makes incredible catches AND writes well. What a guy

6. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Best headline of the game. Nice article too.

7. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

AJ has a new parking spot this year in Platinum that's right next to the spot where I tailgate. Nice guy. He was gone from the lot by the time I got back out there after the game, so we didn't have a chance to talk about the win, but we've talked quite a bit before each of the preseason and regular season games. The guy really knows his football, and this team.

8. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

I don't know if the Dolphins really pulled a "Texans". I thought they played a smart, near mistake free game. The one turnover Miami did make turned in their favor. The Dolphins are an overachieving team that is responding to their coaching. The Texans have more talent, and that finally showed at the end. Had Houston played a smart, near mistake free game, this wouldn't have been close.

I never really expected Miami to grind it out with the running game, with 2 minutes left. The Dolphins never established the run the previous 58 minutes, and Chad Pennington had played as well as he could have. The major mistake Miami made was not covering Schaub on the 4th down play. Schaub's perception of immobility played into the Texans' favor. Had Rosenfels been at QB for Houston, the Dolphins would have been more likely to keep a spy on the QB.

9. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

Yeah, you're right, Schaub sucks... errr Sage sucks... dang, which is it... never mind, I'm lost... carry on.

10. Texan Asylum

Texan Asylum Christian

Man, it's sure nice to read his articles again. Nice read aj!