Dolphins Injury.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Andrew6, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

Anyone hear word on their QB Trent Green? Saw he was taken out on a stretcher wasn't sure how bad it was.

2. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

3. Leahmic223

Leahmic223 Hall of Fame

Concussion is all I know of. Since this isn't his first concussion, retirement has to be considered.

4. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

meh he'll be fine.. concussed, career's prob over but he was 37 and struggling.. should've prob hung it up last yr

5. jaybird

jaybird Veteran

He should have retired after his last one... and really he should know better... you are old, you have a history of concussions... don't try to block a really big guy by leading with your head.

And with that said... the ***** who taunted him (his name escapes me)... should have been benched for the rest of the quarter. I can understand being upset about Green going for your legs... but you don't taunt a guy whose hurt and still down... and you don't taunt a guy after your defense just made a HUGE play.

6. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3053104

Miami Dolphins quarterback Trent Green rejoined his team after he sustained a concussion in Sunday's game against Houston and was taken to a hospital.

Green was back in the locker room after the Dolphins' 22-19 loss, with a bandage behind his right ear. He was not made available to the media, but he was going to fly back to Miami with the team, coach Cam Cameron said.

7. vtech9

vtech9 Hall of Fame

That idi0t that taunted him was #99 Travis Johnson. It was classless, and almost cost the Texans the game. It did cost them a TD, because it gave Miami a 1st down when they most likely would have had to punt. If there was a way that the Texans could legally fine him, I would hit him with the maximum.

8. jaybird

jaybird Veteran

Thanks! I couldn't remember right off the top of my head... was a horrible play by him... was glad it looked like his position coach riped him a new one afterwards.

9. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

give travis a break.. he was (rightfully) pissed about green's dangerous block that could've cost him HIS career.. im sure he didnt think green was seriously injured, just slow getting up so prob just said something like 'that'll ********** teach you to do that'... which i have no problem with him because i know i could easily do the same thing if i was him

10. jaybird

jaybird Veteran

So you have no problem getting a 15 yard penalty after your defense just made a great play?

11. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

i have no problem with him getting angry at green.. he was unlucky- what he did is sometimes called, alot more not

12. jaybird

jaybird Veteran

I have no problem with him angry... yelling at him while he's on the ground is an easy flag for the refs... and from what I could see Greens block was low but legal.

13. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

This is crazy. He mouthed off to a guy who took a cheap shot at him and he's the jerk? An open field block must be above the waist, no? He started to call him out on it when he realized Green wasn't getting up. At which time he promptly STFU and quickly jogged away. Nothing wrong with his actions. Now if he would have leaned over Green, spit on him and yelled "How's that concussion feel beotch?" Then I would have had an issue with his actions. That was not the case though.

Andrew6 and Topher like this.
  14. MEGA SWATT

MEGA SWATT Hall of Fame

Yep, Travis could have blown out a knee, shoulder or broke a wrist/hand on that block. That taunting was heat of the moment. It's not like travis laid him out with a block & then stood over him sneering:cowboy1:

15. jaybird

jaybird Veteran

I don't think an open field block needs to be above the waist but I could be wrong

He didn't propmply jog away from anything... he got up, went right for Green, pointed and yelled for a good while.

Not saying he's a jerk, but what he did was a penalty...

What I REALLY disagree with though is on one of the post game shows they were talking about a fine or penalty on TJ for the taunting... which would be stupid IMO.

16. rickyb

rickyb Scarlet is hot.

Let's just all agree on the following:
    o no one wants to see anyone get a head injury
    o angry or not, taunting is a penalty. Ergo, if you taunt, you realize you are putting your TEAM at risk of penalty.

And I will add:
    These guys are not emotional college kids. I expect a PROFESSIONAL to be able to control his emotions.

I am not a pro, but I am a fanatic. I about LOST it when TJ got flagged for taunting. The coach was well heeled to rip TJ a much-deserved new one.

TJ -- you got to keep it together, man. Channel it into something else.

Go Texans.

jaybird likes this.
  17. jaybird

jaybird Veteran

Great post Ricky - I agree with it 100%

18. vtech9

vtech9 Hall of Fame

I agree with it. He damn near cost the Texans the game. I initially saw Green lying there not moving, and knew right away that he was hurt bad. When I couldn't see him moving, I thought he might have been paralyzed. Then I see TJ walk up, stand over him, and angrily point at him while yelling. I knew it was going to be a taunting call before the flag was thrown. It was an easy call.

19. vtech9

vtech9 Hall of Fame

absolutely agree...great post

20. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

The same people are having the same conversation in different threads.