Dolphins GM asked Dez Bryant if mom was prostitute | Apologizes after

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by gg no re, Apr 27, 2010.

1. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

Guess this answers why one team passed on Dez... would've been kinda awkward

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...s/stories/042810dnspobryantmomHP.29cb3cb.html

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/#ixzz0mLXef8i5

2. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

There is absolutely no excuse for asking that question. If it was just to see his response, he should have been apoligized to immediately and told the reason for the question. If it was a serious question, then Ireland is just a scumbag.

3. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

If the Dolphins really needed to know this, they should have hired an investigator. Ridiculously poor judgment.

4. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

You know how Roger Goodell is on a crusade to "protect the shield"? (which I agree with) Well this should also fall under "protecting the league's image". Some of these interview questions are starting to get ridiculous and are becoming bad press. Goodell needs to get control of this. I don't care what job you're interviews for, the "is your mom a hooker" question should never be asked. If I was a top prospect and that dumbass asked me that question, I can assure you....I would've gone undrafted.

5. MannyFresh

MannyFresh El Capitan

So this buffoon only says he's sorry after its brought out that it was him? I hope the Dolphins tank bad this year!

6. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

WOW! What role was Dez' mom being recruited? If the answer was yes and Dez had always been a good child and young man, then his mother's behavior could have been the deciding factor in his draft status? But, hey guy, thanks!

7. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

It's totally legit to ask if his mom's a prostitute. That kind of information is helpful in determining if you can be a top flight WR in the NFL.

8. StarStruck

How?

9. Kulluminatii

Kulluminatii Hall of Fame

Either Nitro was trying to make a joke about wide receivers...or he is being sarcastic...or both. If so, touché good sir...touché. :tiphat:

StarStruck likes this.
  10. StarStruck

I usually pick up on such, but it's late, I'm tired and not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

11. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Prostitutes are fairly acrobatic. It'd make sense if that was passed along to her children.

TexanBill? Can you confirm to their acrobatic ability?

Starstruck, I'm just yukkin' around with heavy sarcasm tonight. I'm even pissing the wife off.

Kulluminati, must spread yadada... I'll get you again as soon as I can!

12. StarStruck

Gotcha! I will get Kull repped for you.

13. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

yeah i don't really care what he asked him or any other prospect

14. GP

GP Go Texans!

Wow. Hey Dolphins, have fun playing against Dez Bryant.

He's going to make sure you pay for it.

And Goodell needs to screen all questions that will be asked of recruits, record those sessions, and review the tape to make sure those guys are not being treated with such blatant disrespect. Yeah, I know that's an extreme request that I have--I understand it would take a lot of work--but do it anyways.

"Is your mother a prostitute?" And the guy sits there and TAKES the question? Wow. I don't think I could have continued. I honestly don't think I could have.

15. BullNation4Life

BullNation4Life Hall of Fame

It think the point of the question is being missed.

Let me ask you a question, would you give 15 million dollars to a player who is A: emotionally compromised and B: mentally unable to control his actions on and off the field? IMO that was the sole purpose of the question so the Miami Dolphins do not have to deal with a Rapist-berger, Holmes, Burress, Pac Man Jones or any other player off field incident. If Bryant could answer that question, with control and positive, he passed the test. If not, if he exploded or went off, you think players on the field and reporter off the field won't ask similar questions to get a rise out of him? Say TMZ or somebody ask Bryant that same question and he goes off on the reporter and gets suspended 6 games or even for the year. who pays the 15 million back? Nobody, it's money down the drain.

Another team asked Tebow "Is God going to get in your way of being an NFL QB?"

Team asked Gerhart if he felt "entitled" because he was a "white" RB

You people need to understand, this isn't a everyday corporation. In corporate America, that question would get HR fired, but in a business where giving a player 15-25 million guaranteed is a common occurrence, that player better answer every freaking offensive and personal question I ask before I invest that kind of money in him. Like I said, he goes off his rocker off the field, I loose 15 Million on a head case...

Cjeremy635 likes this.
  16. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

The problem with this is every reporter and person out there knew his familys background. You also can hire investigators to learn more info if you needed to. The question was just gratuitous. The kids was suspended for hanging with Deion and has been late sometimes. He hasn't been a criminal or done drugs or drinking. It was a b.s. question. There is a reason there is an apology now. If he wanted to ask a question then he should have just asked if his family situation will in anyway compromise his future in the league by making him act out.

17. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

That is why I posted above
    If it was to see if you could get a rise outta him, there should have been an apology before the session ended.

18. BullNation4Life

There probably wasn't one because a player usually doesn't rat out the GM who asked the questions. There are a ton of offensive questions asked to players. Haven't heard the GM that asked Tebow or Gerhart the offensive questions come out and apologize, and you won't because that is all part of the process...

19. BullNation4Life

Then you wouldn't get a true response. You would get the usual BS answer, "Um no sir not all." It wasn't a BS question, it was to see how he handled the question and the ONLY reason there was an apology issued is because someone opened their mouth to the press. Like I said, where it the apology from the GM that asked Tebow if "God was gonna get in his way of being a NFL QB?" Is that not a BS question? Or what about Gerhart getting asked if he felt "entitled to being a RB because he is white." Is that not a BS question and racist to boot? What do those 2 question have to do with football, everything and nothing.

Gratuitous or not, I am about to had 15 million to a kid that already comes into the league with baggage, no matter the offense. I want to be dam sure the kid can handle himself mentally and emotionally...

20. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

I don't think the questions asked those two compare to asking Bryant if his Mom is a whore. Not even close.

But I do agree Brany has maturity issues.