Does anyone ever come...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by JB, Dec 16, 2010.

1. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Here to talk football anymore? Seems like nothing besides Fire Somebody & Uncle Bob sucks threads anymore. Does no one care that we have a game against the hated Titans this week?

I know the season is another failure, but aren't we all football fans?

So, why aren't we talking football?

2. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

On a normal Sunday gameday week, the next game talk usually starts on thursday, but with a monday game, it extends to at least friday and maybe saturday due to the extent of a heartbreak loss.

3. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

Fire JB . :pirate:

JB and sakebomb like this.
  4. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

To answer your thread title, yes.

5. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Post mortem on the season kicking in is all. Don’t let it worry you JB. By February we’ll be talking about whatever changes Uncle Bob makes and the draft talk starts heating up. It’ll be kind of the same ole shit until then though.

6. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

:lol:

7. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    Earl, something about that just ain't right. :pop:

8. DexmanC

DexmanC Hall of Fame

Mike Vick's winning the Superbowl.

Now, back to the topic...

FIRE KUBIAK.

9. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Thanks for your input. That's more football than you have talked in a month.

And no, he's not.

10. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

vick to the atl for a championship game is golden. pats are rolling on O right now

11. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

They come here to talk football but there are not any threads to do it in, and if you start a new one a hoard of soapers will come in and shit in it with "FIRE STUPIAK! FIRE KUBIAGGIE!"

It's why I took off most of the last month and will probably be leaving again soon. There simply isn't much intelligent football discussion to be had here anymore.

SheTexan and imatexan like this.
  12. FirstTexansFan

FirstTexansFan The Unknown Fan

That's because we don't have an intelligent team to discuss :)

Double Barrel likes this.
  13. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Lets talk some football. Not two below average teams like the Texans/Tacks.

Lets talk about 2 teams in the AFC that getting into the means something too.

1. New Englang seems much improved since they let go of the cancer that is Randy Moss. (I wish the Texans would cut the cord with underachieving players. I'm speaking of you OkOye) Devin McCourty sure looked like a future star angainst the Bears. Wish the Texans could've taken a guy like that. Oh that's right they could have. Thanks R.Smith, McCourty got dinged up last week so he probably will have to sit out the next 2 games. Luckily the Pats have enough of a lead in their division that they can afford it.

2. Pittsburghs defense seems to be on a roll the last 2 games. Polomaulu (sp?) has made a big impact causing a game changing fumble against the vaunted Ravens for a W and returning a pck 6 against the Bungals. Is this what happens when a S is picked before the 4/5th rd R.Smith. The Steelers have a defense that the city of Pittsburgh can be proud of. The Texans have a defense the city of Detroit would be ashamed to call theirs. Thanks Kubes/Bush.

I will talk more football in a compare and contrast mode on the NFC later. But it sure has been more fun talking football. Than the fun of watching the Texans forgetting to show up in the scripted 1st half. Then make a great comeback using the 2 min drill. Only to have the genius that is Kubiak go back to calling plays and seeing game losing turnovers in OT.

But other owners told uncle BoB that they think the Texans are getting close to winning. So by golly it must be true. Cause nobody wants to win as much as Uncle BoB and his mentally challenged stepson/good old boy Gary.

But everything is hunky dory. (Good old boy talk.)

14. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Somehow I knew you couldn't stay away...

15. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Because that's the story. If the Texans were fighting for the division crown or even a wild card berth, that would be the story. Talk could swing to AJ vs The Leprechaun as we get closer to gameday. But the future of Kubiak trumps meaningless late season games. Why is that surprising?

wagonhed likes this.
  16. BullNation4Life

BullNation4Life Hall of Fame

and wants a dog....:mcnugget:

17. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Not surprising at all. I'm just curious if anyone is still interested in the football side of things.

18. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

I'm curious if the Texans players are still interested. Now that they know they don't have to save their soft coach's job, will they just lay down the last 3 games? That's a legitimate question.

We know that the "evaluations" will come at the end of the season. Nothing will be fixed now. Right now, 6-10 looks pretty good. 8-8 a pipe dream.

But hey, feel free to start a thread talking football, rather a thread bemoaning other threads. Maybe what you have to say will make people stop bitching. Good luck with that.

19. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

This thread is to see if anyone wants to talk football. Obviously you don't. I'm not wanting to change anything about anyone. Seems like you differ there also.

20. texanchris

texanchris Veteran

I wanna see if they play Dorin Dickerson more since Anderson is on Ir. That and watching Arian Foster play are the only things im looking forward to.