Does anybody think we can beat the Titans next week?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by nut, Sep 13, 2009.

1. nut

nut All Pro

They are a heckuva lot better than the Jets. I think they are going to beat the crap out of us. Shaub played like he was still injured (from running out of bounds in that NFLX game). TN will be coming after him, especially since they won't be worried about our running game. If we start 0-2, it will feel like "uh-oh, here we go again". Oh that's right, it already feels like that again.

2. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Because I don't think the Texans are anywhere near as bad as they looked today, I think they have a chance.

But they better get their act together in a hurry

Bipolar The Titan likes this.
  3. SteveSlaton20

SteveSlaton20 All Pro

schaub played like all of the other qbs that didnt have no line to protect him.

4. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

If we play like we did v. Jets and they play like they did v Pittsburgh...

... no frickin' way.

5. nut

nut All Pro

Schaub's passes were weak because he couldn't push off with the ankle. That was not his offensive line. That is the same thing they defended Carr with.

6. indiantexan

indiantexan Veteran

This.

Seriously, he never had any time to make reads and complete throws. He got rattled from the very beginning. The play calling and the O-line is to blame. Play calling was terrible...and when it was not...it was predictable.

7. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

um....no.

It looks like an 0 - 2 start to the season to me.

8. SteveSlaton20

SteveSlaton20 All Pro

and if the line can get to collins, no, not hurries, sacks....we may have a chance.

but i seriously doubt it.

we need to win against jacksonville and oakland.
    and i doubt we'll win against jacksonville too.

9. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I think it will be a tough game , I think the Texans will bounce back and esp the offense will try to prove this game was a fluke.

If I didn't think that, then hell I (or we all ) might as well quit watching the next 15 games and wait for the draft

10. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

No. Of course not. That's entirely out of the question. We'd actually have to take a team to Nashville that cared. I didn't see one today and nothing makes me believe that they'll find a heart in 7 days.

11. Leahmic223

Leahmic223 Hall of Fame

No.

I bet our offense has a good game but our Defense doesn't.

12. Texan JBZ

Texan JBZ Da Sip's Finest

No way. If a rookie QB and a rookie HC did this to the Texans, what do we expect Kerry Collins and Jeff Fisher to do?

13. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

no we dont even come close to beating the titans... the closest the game will be is 0-0 before kick off and after that prepare for the worst

14. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Pretty much summed up what I was going to post. If the Titans D looked like they did against Pitt, we might be looking at scoring our first offensive touchdown in week 3.

This next will will definitely test the mettle of this team.

15. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

I think we'll run 'em over. We're a sparkling 2-0 on the road thus far this year. 0-3 at home. I think I cursed the Texans by buying season tickets for the first time.

Ugh.

Go Texans!

16. MFG16

MFG16 Veteran

Depends on who plays. i think this game shows how important walter and wilson are to this team. do we have a chance, yeah. will we, probably not. Our Defense should keep us in the game though, atleast for three quarters.

17. Trail.Blazr

Trail.Blazr All Pro

you want me to believe that walter and wilson's absence made the difference today? OMG..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. gafftop

gafftop Hall of Fame

If the coaches devise the same type of offensive game they did today then HELL NO, no chance. If they get REAL and realize they need to pass early and often, then mix in the run later, maybe. Our defense may be able to hold the Titans to a reasonable points, but if the offense plays scared and TRADITIONAL like they did today then no we will get BEAT. Sometimes I think the Texans say/play classic ball because maybe they don't want to take a chance or they just aren't able to visualize a way to win or they are unrealistic in viewing the team they have. C'mon coaches today you were boring, unimaginative, and YOUR OFFENSIVE GAME PLAN GAVE US NO CHANCE TO WIN. If Shab is so hurt that he can't throw the ball downfield or he is so flustered because of the pressure that he can't think, then put someone else in. Give our BEST PLAYER ON OFFENSE AJ a chance. Defense was Ok today, so there is some hope, but the Offense was pitiful. VENTING

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  19. MFG16

MFG16 Veteran

No. but they coulda helped. i mean come on we were playing furguson a safety at cb. through the first half our D was impressive, atleast run D. if our offense woulda let the D take a break, it woulda been way closer. doesnt matter who we play, if our D is out there all day their gunna get burned. and just put yourself in rex ryans shoes. the gameplan was keep the pass attack in check. you gameplanned for dre and walter and when walter isnt out there, you can double triple team dre. (they woulda let davis beat em)

20. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

Sure they can.

The Meatballs are definitely the favorites in this matchup, but 1 terrible game doesn't mean the Texans are a bunch of chumps.

If the defense stuffs the run like they did for most of this game, and the offense remembers they're one of the best in the league, they can go in there and take this one. The tacks are a good team, but definitely not dominate. Especially without Fat Albert.