Does Andre Deserve Better?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TheCD, Dec 6, 2009.

?

Would You Trade Andre?

1. Yes, only if the only way he'd win a Super Bowl was by trading him.

12.9%
  2. Hell no! He's a Texans for life!

41.9%
  3. Only if we could get a hell of a deal!

9.7%
  4. I would only trade him if he wanted out of Houson.

29.0%
  5. Other

6.5%
  1. TheCD

TheCD All Pro

I'm sure some people will think this is a stupid thread, but:

Does Andre deserve better than the Texans? He's almost all of our favorite player, but he's almost 30, if not so already. He's in the prime of his career, but it seems as though we're getting ready for another rebuilding session.

I don't want to see him go by any means, but I'm afraid that at this rate Andre's going to be the greatest player to never go to the Super Bowl (hell...at this rate one might even say to never go to the playoffs...ugh).

So, my question is as follows, would you be ok with trading him if you knew he could win a Super Bowl with another team...but that if he'd stay here it would never happen?

This question does not assume that Andre is unhappy with being here and wants out.

2. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

This same thread happens with a new player each week. Of course our players deserve better, but its up to them to make the Texans better.

3. WolverineFan

WolverineFan Hall of Fame

Yes he does. I love him to death, but I wouldn't blame him if he left. We've been "rebuilding" for a few years now and still have zero winning seasons and zero playoff berths to show for it.

4. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

We all deserve better. At least he gets paid.

MeLoveTexans likes this.
  5. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

Kinda like Seau joining on with the Pats when they went 18-0. There's no guarantee any team willl win a SB

6. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

Andre deserves better yes. That said it'd be idiotic to ever let him go.

7. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Before we go trading the corner stone to our offense, let's see who our new head coach is next year. And besides, there isn't a head coach anywhere that wouldn't want AJ to work into his offense.

8. TheCD

TheCD All Pro

Understood. But the question is that if you KNEW he would win a Super Bowl with another team, but not with us...would you be willing to trade him?

I know it is the players' responsibility to play better...but is there anyone in their right mind that thinks that Andre doesn't give everything he's got for this team?

9. nut

nut All Pro

He's getting paid plenty and gets a heckuva lot more out of it than the season ticket holders are getting. I like Andre but don't agree with sending him out of here. This is his job. What about us? We're paying for everything.

10. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

yes- alot of them do

but i think managing a SB would be as sweet as it could get for him though

11. Dishman

Dishman Miss Ya Blue

Who cares what AJ deserves?!? No offense to him, we need him, but what about us?? Don't we deserve a winner just as much, if not more, than AJ? I want to us to be a winner as much as he does and I wish as much as anybody that AJ was a highly decorated Texan!

Jackie Chiles likes this.
  12. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

AJ keeps himself in good shape. I hope we keep him for a couple years, and just see if we get a legit team. If that cant happen in the next 3 years, I think he deserves better.

I know its a business, but I cant help myself. I feel sorry for the guy.

13. TheCD

TheCD All Pro

Again, like I said I agree and am in the same boat. But the question revolves around whether you'd be willing to trade him if you knew he would win with someone else, but also knew he'd never win with us.

14. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

WRs don't have the huge fall off at 30 the way RBs do. He's got 5+ years of football excellence left in him at a minimum.

15. kcdoubleeagle

kcdoubleeagle Veteran

NO. He is a multi-millionaire. Can't feel too bad for him. Not only that...but why in the hell would we even consider getting rid of AJ.....just can't happen...this franchise is not the Browns...we will continue to try until we get a good product...

16. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Football wise, sure he deserves a team with a HC that can get him and other playmakers the ball.

Only was I'd consider trading him away is if he got a Ricky Williams type draft day trade.

17. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

He's having a hall of fame career, is considered the best WR in football, and is making millions of dollars playing a game for his job.

No.

18. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

Although all opposers make good arguments, we also have to note that Andre has never been so much of a team cancer as other diva players. In bad times, he's never gone out and thrown any teammate under the bus, nor has he ever been an offseason distraction.

Although it'd suck if AJ left the team, I think he deserves a shot at a ring for what he's put in.

19. Dishman

Dishman Miss Ya Blue

Fair enough. After today, I don't know what to think. I'm on the verge of considering us among other terrible NFL teams that never amount too much each year. To this point, we're pathetic and more than AJ deserves better. We all do, McNair included.

20. gary

gary Hall of Fame

AJ deserves a new team. People complain about him failing in curnch time but sometimes Matt throws the ball into the ground I have seen this happen before. Make the Texans better? How? He is only in control of his own game and that is all. Also, he suports his teamates both on and off the football field. What else as a fan would like him to do? He does his job being an NFL WR better than any other WR in the NFL. There is not any way to make anyone do anything he is powerful but not that powerful. I'm sure if he had the power to force everyone to play as well as he does then he'd do so because he is a guy who wants to win and not just sit back and lose no one wants that but they are just doing their own job and their own job only that's all. AJ does his part but the problem is that not eveyone on the 53 man roster are NOT doing the same for some odd reason or another. If you would like him to go out and call the team out he just is not going to do that because he does not want to stir up shit in the lockeroom we all know that just is not his personality. His name is not T.O. and I thank God for that and I don't wish it was his name. AJ is not even close to being T.O. nor should he be. Not that anyone here has called him T.O. I am just saying that I am glad he isn't him.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009