Doering released

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Paragon Blue, May 26, 2006.

1. Paragon Blue

Paragon Blue Veteran

per KFFL
    Texans | Doering released
    Fri, 26 May 2006 10:41:51 -0700

HoustonTexans.com reports the Houston Texans have released WR Chris Doering.
    I know it's not a big deal but it has to do with the Texans and I'm bored!!

2. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

C'mon Derrick Lewis!!!!!! Hey I'm from Austin and he played for the Wranglers.

3. Meloy

Meloy Hall of Fame

and I spent all that time yesterday reading the thread about how he was rated as a receiver. Drats!

4. marroncito

marroncito Rookie

so how long will he stay as #3 on the depth chart? :P

5. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

Here's a little more on the situation rather than him just being released.

http://www.gainesville.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060606/GATORS01/206060348/-1/sports

I'm glad to see he can go home happily to his family and that they care so much to him. It's nice to see he was being looked up to by the younger guys. Too bad he's gone.

Hulk75 likes this.
  6. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Shanahan really emphasizes proper route running to make the offense work. He says that athletic WR can get away with being a little sloppy with it, but even if you are slow, if you can run a tight route, you can get separation. For the purposes of the offense, hands and excellent route running beat just plain speed.

An example he gave was Randy Moss--athletic WR but crap route runner. He can get away with it because he is a freak.

In general, he was saying that as a guy stays in the league a while, and his athletic skills diminish, if he is still a sloppy route runner, he won't be able to play. (IIRC, the route running is what he really liked about Walters).

Article is nice in how it suggests how more experienced receivers can help younger ones.