Do you understand what Bush can do in the NFL?

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by KSig44, Apr 3, 2006.

1. KSig44

KSig44 Veteran

when was the last time a running back rushed for 1000 and caught 1000 yards in a season? It has happened, but it's rare. He is that kind of player. He doesn't have suspect hands. He isn't slow. HE IS THAT SPECIAL!!! And before you start saying it can't/won't happen that is only 63 yards a game on both ends. VERY OBTAINABLE!!! I swear, if Bush was the one from Houston and went to Texas this wouldn't even be a argument. But those with orange tinted glasses keep pressing the issue. Never mind the fact most if not all draft services have Bush the first player on the board and Young the 2-3 best QB. Needless to say I can't wait for the 29th when Bush is selected and we can focus on something else.:brickwall

2. Frank_The_Tank

Frank_The_Tank Veteran

He could do that, he could also, like most RB his size, be injury prone and not make a whole season! Too small! 4.41 40 on track in spikes LOL

3. KSig44

KSig44 Veteran

And VY, like most scrambling QB's, be injured half the games in a year. Reggie is betetr built than any smaller RB's that have come out. I will take my chances.

4. jacquescas

jacquescas Hall of Fame

right too small ask tiki Barber who is the same size, ask warrick dunn orr barry sanders who were both smaller backs?

4.41 40 time so you're just picking the slowest possible time? then give VY something in the 4.6 range

5. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

Do you understand what Reggie Bush has shown himself capable of doing in the NFL??

NOTHING.

6. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

what Kiwi said. Im stoked that we might be getting Bush, but im not gonna proclaim his greatness yet :). #1 pick or #255 pick.. a rookie is a rookie.

7. KSig44

KSig44 Veteran

Yeah, same as VY, but these posts are all pure speculation anyways, aren't they.

8. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

Same with VY. So we are at a stalemate.

However, look at how many scouts have Reggie Bush rated as the highest player to come out in years. I think you would be hard pressed to find many scouts that would rate Young over Bush. The scouts are sometimes wrong, but I'd take one of them over 100 of us in evaluating players...in a heartbeat.

9. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Thats goes for every prospect in the upcoming draft.

10. Caesar

Caesar Veteran

Do you understand which positions we need more than we do a running back?

ALL OF THEM!

11. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

You dont use the #1 pick for a need. You take the BPA.

12. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

I drafted a RB with like 78 speed and 56 catch in Madden, and he scored something like 2000 rushing yards and 1200 receiving yards. In 5 games.

13. BeReal

BeReal Rookie

I can't wait to play with Bush in Madden '06!

LOL, I said "I can't wait to play with Bush..." Sorry, I know it's stupid.

14. El Amigo Invisible

El Amigo Invisible All Pro

When Reggie played UT,what exactly did he do? UT defense was very good and who did all the damage? L.White, that's who. Ohio State had a great defense( I believe thier linebackers will be drafted in the first round).What did Vince do to them ?Does anyone remember that game?:ok:

15. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

What did Bush do against Texas? Not only did he have 170 yards and a touchdown, but because Texas was focusing on him, other players on his team had great games.

16. wolf123

wolf123 All Pro

I had the pleasure of witnessing the incredible Rose Bowl of 2005, and I saw two incredible teams battling it out in every aspect of the game. I also witnessed a "non-producing" Bush produce 82yards rushing (6.3yard avg) with a rushing TD and 95yards on 6 rec (avg of 15.8YARDS!!!!). I admit he was definitely SHUT DOWN (SARCASM). He also would have had a 2nd rushing TD, but attempted to do too much by lateralling to a FB who couldn't catch a ball if his life depended on it. And I also believe, before you attack his maturity or whatever you might come up with, that VY did the exact same thing on the next drive, except he got away with a clearly evident forward lateral. I am not arguing that VY had a worse game than Bush in anyway, all I am saying is your claims that Bush was shut down by Texas are false.

17. El Amigo Invisible

I got a drinking problem! I blame CC.:superman:

18. wolf123

wolf123 All Pro

and i also believe that VY only had an avg of 3.2 yards per carry against the Buckeyes

19. El Amigo Invisible

NEVER said he was shutdown. I think the guy is going to be very good.Before the game even began, people we saying he was going to run over UT. He did not dominate. I just believe Vince will be better. Ohio State game ? Anyone???:challenge

20. wolf123

wolf123 All Pro

like i said