Do you think we are out of luck for the wild card spot?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by gary, Nov 30, 2007.

?

Are we out of luck for the wild card?

Poll closed Dec 12, 2007.
  1. Yes

84.5%
  2. No

15.5%
  1. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Are we?

2. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Statistically . . no.

Realistically . . yes.

3. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

Mathematically we can still make it but we have to win out, SD has to win their division and Cleveland has to lose three games.

4. gary

gary Hall of Fame

It's going to take alot.

5. YellerLotYeller

YellerLotYeller nice marmot

The Browns game sealed our fate.....

6. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

well put. that is basically what needs to happen. I think the Jags would have to lose 4 of 5 if we went undefeated the remaining 5 games. Sadly, there is a better chance that Cleveland will lose 3 more games than us winning our remaining 5. :(

last week was our chance to be relevant and they blew it. They competed but they came out flat and Winslow was playing on a whole other level last Sunday. That kid has made some mistakes but he plays hard on every play and has some of the best hands and body control of any TE in the HISTORY of the game. His love for the game and for competition is CLEARLY evident any time you see him play too. If he doesnt make All Pro this year, there is something wrong with the AP. He is just impossible for defenses to stop and now that he is healthy the Cleveland offense has come around after years of ineptitude. Braylon aint no slouch either. He is another guy that has a visible love for the game and his craft. You can tell they both do the work in the offseason to improve their games and their athleticism. That is a helluva 1-2 punch in the passing game. I put Edwards with AJ and Roy Williams in that 2nd Tier of elite WR. Not quite Moss, Owens, Smith, Harrison but close.

I wasn't surprised we lost due to the fact that we only sent 4 after Anderson pretty much the whole game...well there was that play we actually got a sack....and they blitzed.....who'd of thunk it.

7. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

I don't think this year they'll make the playoffs.

8. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

All questions should be this easy, of course we are, no way we make it.....we just don't have the depth. But we can still go 8-8. We will be much improved next year, another draft, more FA's, get healthy, and we had some young guys like Bennet step up this year. :texflag:

9. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Dang, I misread the question. I say yes now.

10. gary

gary Hall of Fame

I say yes.

11. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Wish I could say otherwise, but if it weren't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all!

Playoffs are possible, but highly improbable. I'm starting to feel the same way about .500 this year, too.

12. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Not A Problem - all we need to do is win the rest of our games.

13. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

I think that's the better question. I don't think they'll make it, looking at the upcoming schedule. If they are going to, they have to get that killer instinct very quickly. They'll have to take the games aggressively, as Cleveland did to them last week. The attitude difference between the two teams in that contest seemed in stark contrast to me.

Therefore - no shot at play-offs, except in a mathematical, self-gratification mind game sort of way.

14. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

If we don't take care of the football, it will take a miracle, not just luck! :wild:

15. texdawg

texdawg Veteran

Sorry guys, looking at your schedule I say no way. You guys have one of the toughest schedules out there.

I've been trolling your site for a while. I was born and raised a Browns fan in Ohio. I've been to many Oilers/Browns games in Houston. I'm not some young punk looking to start anything. Been living in Tex for 30+yrs.

I just can not get behind the Texans. Remind me too much of the futile Browns of the last few years. Poor management-draft choices. ect. One thing I do respect is the passion you guys/gals have for football.

I will be here for a while. I will not crap on your parade, but only talk football and try to add to some discussions and hopefully laugh at a joke or two.

Runner likes this.
  16. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Agree.

17. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

But I've seen teams backing into the play-offs before! :specnatz: :specnatz:

18. gary

gary Hall of Fame

19. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Well, take it for what it is...but if the Browns do make it...there will be alot of people cheering for the underdog, myself included.

20. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

What more can a person ask. Very well said and your welcome to laugh at anything we got going on.