Do you believe?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by mussop, Oct 25, 2011.

1. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

I want to! I'm trying, but it's hard! I feel like a guy that is in love with a beautiful girl but finds out she'd slept with all his friends. Can she change? Will she? There are alot of negatives.

I have no confidence in Kubiak as a leader or his ability to make adjustments. I don't believe Schaub is a QB that can carry a team. I question whether our OL has the mental or physical makeup to control the line of scrimmage against a hard nosed DL.

On D we all know one side of the secondary is going to get picked on and loose alot of the time. I think most see the same things as our weak spots. But despite all the above mentioned short comings and my heart telling me these are insurmountable deficiencies, I'm starting to believe we have a chance to overcome all of them and finally turn the corner and become a real legitimate playoff caliber team.

With the remaining schedule being very favorable, our D starting to pick up the scheme better each week, AJ coming back, Foster returning to last years form and Tate becoming a solid backup option, I could see us starting a momentum swing that could build the confidence in this team and carry us into a new era of consistent winning.

Like I said I'm trying. Help me out here all you optimist. Give me some more positives to hang onto. I really want to start enjoying my football again.

2. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

If you've been a fan of Houston sports for any length of time and you don't have doubts about your team, you haven't been paying attention.

All we can do is hope to be pleasantly surprised.

3. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

I just spent 20 minutes typing out a helluva post..

I ****ed it up! :loser:

4. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

Dude.

If you don't believe, you don't believe. It's no big thing.

If you think they're going to find some way to screw up this perfect opportunity, if you think Kubiak is a crap HC who can't possibly pull it together, if you think that Schaub has a noodle arm and he's made of glass and doesn't have the heart, if you think that our secondary is swiss cheese that will give up games left and right -- that's fine. There's nothing wrong with that.

If you think they're setting us up just to let us down, then expect that and you won't get let down; you'll just be pleasantly surprised if they actually are able to turn it around and do something.

Make them prove it to you.

But. Just as an aside, think about some other teams around the league. How would you be feeling if you were an Arizona Cardinal fan, or a Titan fan, or a Jag fan, or a Buffalo fan, or a Detroit fan? Take a look at every team out there and think about how you'd feel if you were a fan of that team. Being a fan is a rollercoaster. It's fairly rare for a team to dominate all the way through the season, through the post-season, and win the Super Bowl. Almost every team has ups and downs and lots of teams that eventually win Super Bowls have a lot of questions and doubts during the season.

This team hasn't done anything to make us have anything other than doubts.

And I'm an optimist.

5. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

TB!

:wadepalm:

6. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Hell yeah!! I believe
    <<----- check tha Avatar; check the sig...

Dude, she ain't ever going to change, but you fall in love with who you fall in love with. So what are you gonna do?

But this isn't like that at all. This is more like your kids. You send them to school, you buy them books.. but they're still as dumb as a box of rocks.

You keep thinking things will change, the kid will catch on... You switch classrooms, change teachers, buy him pants that fit... & you hope.

That's support.

Some people kick the kid out of the house, disown him, wipe their hands of him & wait for him to get better. Then the kid gets an NFL contract, big-baller, top ten pick.... & all of a sudden, it's all, "Hey son, remember me, you're successful because I showed you that tough love."

That's a bandwagon jumper.

Got any brothers? Remember when you always picked on him, but when someone ragged on him, or tried to kick his ass, you stepped in... "Nobody hits my brother but me!!"

This is what it is. No one expects you to be blind, put your head in the sand, or anything like that. Cross your fingers every Sunday, say a few words to the man upstairs... & cheer your ass off.

Win, lose, or draw, enjoy the ride.
    :koolaid:

7. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

Lets just say I have hope and leave it at that :)

Thanks for sharing btw :)

8. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

Never understood this whole "I'm a Houston fan" thing like we have no major titles in the city's history.

Good God the Rockets are pissed on in this city.

Anyway, Y'all know my stance.

9. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

The bad thing is most people outside the city of Houston don't recognize those rings because they were the Jordan retirement/just returning from retirement years. Screw those idiots! I'll always back Houston sports teams to the fullest and no one else. I have other players I love to watch and like to see do well, but not like Houston sports teams. Winning or losing, I won't jump ship and start flirting with some other "chicks". These are my ride or die teams. Lately I've just been doing a whole lot of dying.

10. TejasTom

TejasTom Heisenwatt

Me too! I really want to get back to watching this team as a fan and not a coach. I don't want to yell at the games and TV, "What are you doing?!?!?"

I am optimistic that no defense is going to have an answer for Johnson, Foster, Daniels, Dreessen, Casey or Johnson, Foster, Jones, Mason, Daniels.

And no offense is going to have an answer for Cushing's Crusaders.

11. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

Look, all fanbases have worries.
    The Packers have no real running game, neither do the Patriots. And I'll bet good money that both fan bases are scared crapless of what would happen if their franchise QB went down and they had to lean more heavily on those suspect running attacks.
    The Jets and Cowpie fanbases don't know what the hell to expect from Sanchez or Romo from week to week. And the Flacco-led Raven offense was just exposed as a fraud in front of a national audience. Niners fans are scared crapless that Frank Gore will go down again and they'll have to rely on Alex Smith.
    The Cinerella Bills and Lions have both lost two games each in the last two weeks - the Lions two straight at home - so their fans have probably got that "oh crap, here we go again" thought creeping into their collective minds.
    The Saints and the Steelers have shown to be beatable.

Point is EVERY team has flaws and every fanbase worries about having those flaws exploited by whoever is next on their schedule.... That you have identified and worry about our flaws just tells me you're an astute fan of our team. You see the same places that could stand upgrades that the rest of us do. So stop worrying about your worrying.

So try to enjoy football for the love of the game and, as TK said, "enjoy the ride." That's what I do.

12. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I'm waiting til the bye!

13. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Mulder is calling your cell now.

We all know that the Texans are just as capable of beating this weeks Kittens by 20 points or more or losing on the last play of the game as time runs out. We've see it all before.

I believe the Texans have the talent to win out and go to the Super Bowl. The problem with that reasoning is there are other teams that can say that as well. How the team reacts and how Kubiak coachs from week to week will determine what happens. I'm just in a wait and see mode right now, and hoping good things happen. No matter who you are though, you do have to admit that this year, the Texans chances of seeing a home playoff game are the best they've ever been.

14. Blake

Blake MMQB

I still cant believe they didn't draft Mark Herzlich.

You are a very bi-polar fan. They lose and we get a negative thread. They win and we get this, whatever thread this is.

15. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Great post overall, but this really nailed it.

I tend to be a bit cynical, but I also try to be a realist.

And while this year's team is certainly capable of beating itself, there is something different about it.

Wade is a big part of the equation. His leadership on defense is obvious, and it's getting better every week.

I think great defenses can win games by themselves, and add a potent offense like we've had for the past couple of seasons, the sky is the limit for this team.

They just need to be consistent, and this is the aspect that keeps me suspicious of them. Until they can prove to be consistent from week to week, "belief" will be a matter of the results of their last game.

I think they should win the next two games. 6-3 would do a lot for Texans fans. If any season is "the season", this is the one. The stars are aligned, Manning is out, the division is as weak as it's ever been, and all the Texans needs to do is be consistent and seize the opportunity to finally establish something positive.

When I look big picture, I think they go to the playoffs this year. So I guess in that regard, I believe. :texflag:

16. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

It is all about hope. Whether we are talking sports, fishing, relationships or politics. Last Sunday's team gave me hope again. Next Sunday's team........

17. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

hope & change.... :backsout:

18. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Im a homer i have no choice but to believe :koolaid:

19. 97roc

97roc Veteran

Pass the kool aid.

20. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

I know right?

What exactly is your point? Or did you just want to call me bi-polar? And quit sending me private messages asking to exchange penis pics. I don't swing that way.