Do we have a rivalry now?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Yvette, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Yvette

Yvette Veteran

I wish you all could have seen the Jeff Fisher show tonight (local weekly TV show during the season). Each week they have a media personality from the opponents team, usually the local fish wrap's beat guy. This week it was John McClain.

The first thing Jeff did was point out what an incredible job John did this week, on stirring the pot, fanning the flames. Cutting to the chase, John said we both loathe the jags and we need to do the same with each other. Our teams need to fight! FIGHT! Us fans for sure have been fighting amongst ourselves on both boards!

I admit I'm fired up more than I ever have been. If it worked for our teams, and I think it did, then we are in for one hell of a game. Its definitely gonna be joy or pain.

Good luck you all and no injuries!

2. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

Same for me. Its driving me crazy. I cant wait until sunday.

Just curious but what did McClain have to say.

3. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

I am still going to have to say no. What makes a rivalry is the each team takes turns in dominating the other. The Texans seem contint on only being able to beat the Jags and being a door mat for the rest of the AFC South. I believe our record against the Titans are 2-7. Granted two more wins than we have over the Colts.

When it becomes a see-saw battle, thats when its a rivalry. Other than that its just one more scheduled loss each year.

4. Roughnecks

Roughnecks Veteran

I would say yes for the fact they were the Houston Oilers and sneaked out of town in the middle of the night if only to stick it to Adams (Bud) so yeas we do not want OUR old team coming in and winning against our new one.

5. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Well then this week yall didn't have a personality from the opponents team

McClain, probably spends more time covering your team than ours. Doesn't he do a radio show over there?

6. Yvette

Yvette Veteran

He's our guest NFL insider and I think he does a few other radio shows elsewhere, too.

7. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

I'd say it is a rivalry due to the fact the titans are the old Oilers, the fact we are in the same division, and now Vince Young. Call me crazy about the Vince Young thing. It seems both teams are more fired up this week about playing each other than I remember them ever being before playing each other.

8. Imatexanfan

Imatexanfan Hall of Fame

Topic: Do we have a rivalry now?

Come on with that one. Now seriously this is the meaning of the word rivalry, the Oilers coming to Houston vs. our Texans.

Houston's new era against the old and has been. This IS our Super Bowl, need I say more?!:cool:

9. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

We need to win this game badly.

10. Texas_Thrill

Texas_Thrill Hall of Fame

Are you sure about this? Look at the Red Sox - Yankees. No matter how much the Yankees whooped the Red Sox that was always HEATED.

My sheer hatred for the titans and more precisely bud adams. I think this is a rivalry. I think rivalary is built more around emotions of the two towns towards each other and organizations.

The titans are the evil empire. sneak out of town bastards. The more I think about it the more upset I get.

11. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Titans play second fiddle to our Jaguar games. You want to see a bonafide rivalry, it's Texans-Jaguars.

12. Stampede

Stampede Veteran

Seems to me that we have a Rivalry with our own CITY. Im not sure any other place in the NFL could pull that off. Texas Proud, go figure.

13. Texansfan36

Texansfan36 Veteran

I say after this game, we will have a huge rivalry. Bigger than the Jags IMHO. The action on the field may be noting compared to that in the stands. I must say I have never been so hyped up over a game. Whatever outcome this game has will be the determining factor as to just how big this rivalry will get.

That is only my opinion though, and my opinion is pretty biased cause I hate the Titans more than any other team in the league.

14. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I am in line with that.

I was totally charged up at work yesterday. Probably woke up at 5 am today because I am geeked for tomorrow. For me this is not only a big game due to the old Oilers and VY, but because they beat the Colts and it is a winnable game that must be won.

The old Oliers stand in the way of us getting respect with the media, on the field, in the stands and in the city. The future is looking good for us, but it can get brighter with a W tomorrow.

15. Bongo59

Bongo59 Veteran

"The future is looking good for us, but it can get brighter with a W tomorrow." quoting Kaiser Toro

or incredibly bleak with a loss to VY.

16. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

It is not the Texans vs VY as the uninformed and non die hards like to position as such. I never have taken you to fall into that crowd.

17. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Rivalries are between the players on the teams, not just the fans. I think right now that makes the Jags our rivals.

However, Teans fans already have a rivalry with Titans fans to add a little tension in the stadium. I think after this game starts the rivalry between the players. Young is already taking it personal; I think Carr is too even though he makes statements both ways about it. I imagine Wand would like nothing more than playing time and a win; I don't know about Robaire since he's moved back and forth.

18. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I think our fans just think the Jags are the only rivals because that is the only team we can beat year to year. Rivalries are spawned when one team keeps another team from something...like the playoffs or a Super Bowl...or something important. This seems like an important game to me since we have such a huge question mark at our QB spot and you roll in with a local hero in VY with us passing on him for DC and your history of being our old team.

19. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Our players talk about the trashtalking that goes on between them and the Jags. They never talk about that with other teams - that is why I think they get up for the Jags. Maybe the Jags don't get up for us - it takes two to rival.

20. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

don't both teams have to win for it to be a rivalry? They aren't our rival, they are our B@#$!