do we have a plan for Carr?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by htownfoozball, Mar 21, 2007.

1. htownfoozball

htownfoozball Veteran

i dont think we would have given up this much to get schaub unless we had a plan to move carr immediately or teams are really interested and serious in trading for him. anybody have a feeling on what will happen to him?

2. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Here's a quiz.

What did the Detroit Lions do with Joey Harrington?

3. JamesC

JamesC Lumberjack

Maybe we can trade him for a 2nd round pick. :hmmm:

4. freedoggy77

freedoggy77 Veteran

ha! wishful thinking. i'd be surprised if we got a 3rd!

5. pebblescds

pebblescds Rookie

No way he's worth a 2nd rd pk to any team? That's no knock on him, but its just the truth... Maybe a fourth honestly. I think that's more likely on draft day. I like David as a person, not as a player. I can seperate the two. I'd like him to go to a team where he had the chance to succeed.

My gut feeling honestly, is that the Texans will be forced to cut/release him. Because teams know how badly we want to get rid of him. The Lions released Harrington instead of trading him, because teams knew his value was low enough to "wait out" his current team. So other teams who DO Want Carr, will just "wait out" the Texans...to cut him before April/May workouts begin. They will not want to pay him any of his deal, so they'll cut him. This way he will be an UnRestricted FA to go wherever he wants to go, sign wherever he wants to Sign. I'll be curious to see where he ends up?

Best case scenario for the team is trading Carr for a pk 3/4/5 rd from any team frankly. I just doubt this will happen, his deal isn't attractive, he got that extension last year, that is the problem. Otherwise we'd have lots of takers for him, so many teams need a QB.

6. SamuraiSword

SamuraiSword Veteran

Trade Carr to Oakland for a 2nd round pick.

7. afcman

afcman Veteran

Yeah, but WE know there are teams that would LOVE to have him. Some almost NEED him. If Smith and Kubs play it right, this could work in our favor.

I don't think this will EVER happen, but wouldn't it be something if we kept Carr as our backup? Then next year draft a QB?

NAW! :)

8. My Hero

My Hero Veteran

Funny we just spent two 2nd round picks on a back up QB, I guess that once again we are taken to the bank.

9. Spike

Spike Veteran

IMO, what we do with Carr is the "X" factor in the Schaub deal. I have heard reports that this deal has been in the works for a week, so you know that the Texans have been shopping Carr for some time. Ideally, we have a deal in place...but it can't be any surprise if there weren't any takers.

10. Zagen30

Zagen30 Rookie

Schaub would have to be Ryan Leaf x5 to have the coaching staff lose faith in one year, so I don't think a QB will be drafted next year. I would be surprised if Carr fetches more than a couple of cases of Miller Lite at this point.

11. 2BCF

2BCF Hall of Fame

I honestly don't care what we do with Carr.
    Seriously doubt we'll get much of anything for him, 4th or a 5th rounder.
    Or just cut him and be done with it already.
    GOOD RIDDANCE!

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS likes this.
  12. afcman

afcman Veteran

No, but we could draft a QB and let him learn for 2-3yrs. We have to have a QB anyway. And I don't want just ANYBODY back there.

13. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Um, we just traded for a QB today. We won't be looking for a QB in the draft.

14. TEXANFAN23435

TEXANFAN23435 Veteran

You know who has an even higher need for a QB right now and would not be in a position to help themselves with a starting QB for next year?? How about the Green Bay Packers!!

We could possibly get a RD4 pick this year. I hate to see him go but a year or two of watching a QB like Farve could really help. Not to mention, this team is getting better faster than we are.

Oakland is another good bet and knowing how bad they would like to get CJ at WR, I would hold out for a RD3 pick. They must have a QB to throw to all those WR's.

15. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Supposedly we're close to a deal with Oakland but wouldn't pull the trigger untill our deal with Atlanta happend.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Carr announcement it this week.

I wouldn't mind seeing a trade of Carr for Moss or something.

I'd like to see us trade down our 1st rounder now to pick up an extra pick...i think that would be important.

16. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

not too keen on a moss trade,

17. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

I would love to see us get a 2nd-4th for Carr.

18. Cgold

Cgold Rookie

we traded 2 2nd round picks for him, and if that wasnt enough, "here take our better number one pick also" !!!!:confused: !!!!

19. MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS Veteran

That what I was thinking about a 4th rounder, at least it is a pick and you never know, there might be a hidden gem there, just look at Owen Daniels great tight end for a 4th pick..........

20. K.D.

K.D. Veteran

I'm with you on this dogg. Although i would like to get porter out of it but not moss. BTW, that's a nice ass tatoo, where is it located? It look like it's on your knee-cap.