Do any of you feel like you owe Texans an apology?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texansphan, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Texansphan

Texansphan Hall of Fame

Sure, not every play was perfectly executed but personally, I love that win - that was a gutsy, gritty performance full of character.
    I see our boys copping a lot of criticism and I have dished some out too so I fully intend to give credit where it is due and this is where we can all start to get behind our team again.
    I don't want to see the chicken littles whining about this one.
    The defense was pretty darn good and DW4 gutted it out with what I think is a busted rib or two.
    Blue manfully ran that pill hard when called upon.
    That catch and run by Nuk in OT was determination at it's finest.
    Plenty to love about this one.
    Go Texans!

Texas Jake and Texansballer74 like this.
  2. Scooter

Scooter Funky

Nope

TD, Brandon420tx, NastyNate and 2 others like this.
  3. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

They should apologize for going 1 for 6 in the RZ, including 3 trips inside the 3 yd line. I'll take the win, but won't be bragging about it.

austins23, Seegara, Earl34 and 9 others like this.
  4. bigmck

bigmck Veteran

Yes, I owe them one....I predicted them to lose based on the three games earlier. The players played a very good game and that was some run and catch in OT. It should have never come to OT if the first half play with a half yard for a TD on 4th Down had been a decent play call down the middle. Players Grade A -- BOB Grade F

Earl34, gafftop, JB and 1 other person like this.
  5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Hall of Fame

It was a good win.

Cowboys haven’t been that good either so I don’t know what to make of it yet. Still a ton of problems, but they at least have a shot now.

6. Texansphan

Texansphan Hall of Fame

Like I said, not perfect, but why should Texans players want to win for a bunch of whiny baby "fans"?
    Time to give some love for a hard earned win.

ShinobiMusashi likes this.
  7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Hall of Fame

They should want to win because they want to win.....And they're being paid to do so.

8. Scooter

Scooter Funky

Ah so this is another 'not real fans' thread, I didn't catch it initially.

9. watt99x99

watt99x99 Rookie

90% of people here was rooting for cowgirls lol I am done with fans here. they all want texans to lose 90% of times. this site has some **** fans.

ShinobiMusashi and Texansphan like this.
  10. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

Bye. Us sh!t fans will be here in 2028. Come visit and teach us proper fandom.

11. Hervoyel

Hervoyel BUENO!

I don't owe the Texas Residents one damn thing.

They owe the State, City, and County an apology for being a garbage team through most of their existence and managing to make the Houston Oilers look appealing in hindsight. Should have just named them the "Texas Residents" if they were going to be this ******* vanilla.

12. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

if you bailed out on the team with all those walls of text on how the team doesnt deserve your love anymore then please keep writing those chapters, they seem to be redirecting the negative outcomes on the field and giving the rest of us some hope that this season isnt wasted PLUS the chuckle always helps.

13. Texansphan

Texansphan Hall of Fame

Bye.
    Go root for the Cowboys.

14. Texansphan

Texansphan Hall of Fame

And "fans" like you wouldn't say a single bad word to any Texans player or coach if you were face to face with one.
    So there's always that.

15. sluggo832004

sluggo832004 Rookie

Since 2002, the only really enjoyable seasons we had was 2011, 2012. possibly 2007 if you like offense.

Everything else has been frustration and let downs. Of course we are not the browns, but its like I feel like if we were spotted 4 wins before the season even starts and given 6 1st round draft picks we would still miss the playoffs.

16. Scooter

Scooter Funky

WTF are you talking about? I'd love nothing more than to talk shop with Romeo and give him an earful. I study the game as best as I can and would give my opinion to any and all. O'Brien I would deck immediately and deal with the consequences (so if yall see 'Redbeard punches Bill O'Brien', I probably need bail).

JB, Chance_C and texan279 like this.
  17. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

I think O'Brien owes the fans an apology...

18. Scooter

Scooter Funky

As one of the handful of folks that have actually been around longer than me, and thus literally longer than the 'Texans', I think you're not really doing your part as a fan by still being here Herv. You need to be shiny and happy like other NFL fans. I mean, look at look at Mike Tomlin ... now THAT is a fan of his team.

disaacks3 likes this.
  19. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

I don’t think fans ever owe the Texans an apology, but the Houston Chronicle sportswriters sure do. After reading what Jerome Solomon and Jenny Dial Creech had to say, it was as if they actually were disappointed that the team won.

I know a lot of people hate O’Brien’s guts, but apparently the Chronicle has adopted the position that everyone does, and have decided that a little objectivity is no longer necessary. I’ve previously stated here that my interest in the team is not what it used to be, and I don’t post that post much anymore, and more than likely I won’t the rest of the week about the Texans. But if those clowns at the Chronicle think their obvious anti-O’Brien bias is helping things, they are sadly mistaken. If I want to read sh!t like that, I’ll just come here. Expect much better from a big town newspaper.

20. Hervoyel

Hervoyel BUENO!

Why? Just as much a garbage team as the Texans and in South Oklahoma to boot.

I can stay home and watch a crappy football team and Big/Little Enos are at least as entertaining as "Jerruh"

Chance_C, TxnsJuggernaut and Scooter like this.