DLineman Tim Bulman ?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by nunusguy, Jul 30, 2007.

1. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

TRANSACTIONS: Signed as an undrafted free agent by Arizona Cardinals on April 25, 2005…Released by Cardinals on September 3, 2005…Signed by Cardinals to practice squad on September 4, 2005…Activated to active roster on November 8, 2005…Granted free agency of March 11, 2006…Re-signed by Cardinals on April 3, 2006…Released by Cardinals on September 2, 2006…Signed to the Houston Texans practice squad on October 10, 2006…Activated from Texans practice squad on December 23, 2006...Re-signed by the Texans on March 29, 2007.
    http://www.houstontexans.com/team/player.asp?player_id=261
    Lance Zierland, local NFL blogger for the Chronicle who used to be on SR 610, has said in the last few days that this guy has looked really good in TC so far, and has given all the OLineman problems that he's gone up against. He thinks Bulman might have a good chance of making the DLine rotation for the regular season ?
    This was the first I'd even heard the guys name ? I haven't been to a TC session, so anybody got a look at him or know anything about him beyond this basic info in the Texans bio section ?

2. real

real Guest

I heard the tid bit you're talking about from Lancce Z...

I've never heard of him either, but I'm going to this saturday's practice with a roster in hand so I'll be able to see for myslef...

3. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

He played on the 3rd string line and got some penetration on his pass rush. I think he tipped a couple of passes this weekend. But, it's early. Like any longshot in camp, his best bet is to stay healthy and hope he's needed.

4. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

anyone have any random opinions on what they have seen of Winston so far?

5. texansturningthecorner

texansturningthecorner Rookie

as far as bulman or how ever you spell it he stuck out to me to, made some playse and was getting to the quarter back. it was with the third string thouigh.

as far as winston he has looked good, i saw him get jacked back by babin on one play that sticks out to me, but other than that the line has looked prety good.

6. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

In a specific comment by Lance Z involving both Winston & Bulman, LZ said that Bulman ate his lunch in the one-on-ones.

7. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I was at the Saturday afternoon's practice and only targeted him a couple times. He did his job the plays I watched him.

Why do you ask? Have you seen different?

On another note, did anyone take notice how large Malone looks? He appears much larger than last year.

8. V3rm0nt3r

V3rm0nt3r All Pro

He's got an extremely outside chance of making the team but I doubt that he'll make the top eight. The only way he makes it is if he can make the coaches think he is worth to keep around so they can sack Johnson or Babin and keep the bank in tact... oops, to late.

9. maddogmrb

maddogmrb All Pro

If Tim Bulman is doing great against our oline MS better have a VERY fast release.

Sometimes though, when given the chance, guys can make a name for themselves. I believe he is a DT and we do need help there.

Actually, I was just looking at his bio and his college career was better than Amobi's with 17, yes 17, DID I SAY17, sacks his senior season with Boston College. Could be a sleeper.

Go Texans!

10. real

real Guest

The offense is always going to be behind the defense at the beggining of the year...Such is football...

11. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Keep the Winston reports coming fellas. thanks for the heads up.

Never heard of Tim Bulman. Well if he gets fires lit under TJ, that would be a good thing. The way Zonna laid down on the rushing d at the end of the season, makes you wonder why this guy wasn't in the games last year ? inside guy at 292 ? Maybe he's a 3rd down sub for Okoye and Weaver prospect ?

12. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

And hopefully, if our defensive line has really improved, they can make our offensive line better through competition during practice.

13. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

2005 DT's

1. Travis Johnson Florida St.
    2. Shaun Cody USC
    3. Luis Castillo Northwestern
    4. Mike Patterson USC
    5. Anttaj Hawthorne Wisconsin
    6. C.J. Mosley Missouri
    7. Jonathan Babineaux Iowa
    8. Atiyyah Ellison Missouri
    9. Ronald Fields Mississippi St.
    10. Darrell Shropshire South Carolina
    11. Lorenzo Alexander California
    12. Sione Pouha Utah
    13. Jay Ratliff Auburn
    14. Lynn McGruder Oklahoma
    15. Antonio Bryant Alabama
    16. Tim Bulman Boston College
    17. Jason Jefferson Wisconsin
    18. Eric Coleman Clemson
    19. Andrew Hoffman, Virginia
    20. Matt McChesney, Colorado
    21. Kevin Vickerson Michigan St.
    22. A.J. Lindsay Temple
    23. Larry Burt Miami (OH)
    24. Santonio Thomas Miami (FL)
    25. Albert Means Memphis

14. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

If Bulman was playing on the 3rd string DLine, I wouldn't be getting too excited him beating the OLine... after all it is 3rd string.

How many DT's will the team be keeping??

15. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Speaking for myself, I'm curious too. When I watched Winston last year I didn't see the dominant right tackle many did. I certainly didn't see "the best left tackle on the team" as I saw him referred to somewhere on these boards recently. He may develop into the apotheosis of the offensive tackle position; I just don't think he's nearly there yet. He seemed a little rough and over matched at times last year, as many would expect a rookie o-lineman to be.

However, I am a well known o-line pessimist so take all this for what it is worth.

16. V3rm0nt3r

V3rm0nt3r All Pro

I would think 8-10 plus another on the practice squad for worst case scenarios.

17. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

Last year the Texans went into Week 1 with 9 DLs:

Weaver, Travis J, Payne, Mario, Malone, Thomas J, Kalu, Babin, Peek

They now have 16 DLs in camp.
    Weaver, Okoye, Maddox and Mario are your starting front four.

Then there's Kalu, Travis, Zgonina and Babin

I think Kalu is locked in - and probably Zgonina if he can stay healthy during preseason.

I see big-time competition for the backup tackle slots and Babin's position.

Malone, Cochran, Bulman and Thomas Johnson have all had their moments.

Charlie Anderson can give you what Babin gives you on 3rd downs - food for thought...

Bulman was creating some havoc on second and third team reps but who knows.... I'm reserving judgement on some of these guys until I see what happens in the first couple preseason games.

Lance introduced me to football expert John Harris Saturday morning. Harris is going to team up with the 'Cablinasian' on an afternoon drive time show on 1560 AM starting in a few weeks. Lance describes Harris as "Charlie Palillo with a personality"

18. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

So has Bulman gotten into a fight with TJ yet.....?

19. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I don't think he's a dominant tackle yet, but I'm willing to say he's an upgrade from Weigert. I think we'll get a better look at Winston's ability now that his rookie season is now behind him.

We'll soon see.:texflag:

20. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

From what I hear, Anderson may be busy as the teams starting SAM.
    And even if Bulman is scrimmaging against 2nd & 3rd stringers, Lance Z says he's whippin starting OLinemans butts in the one-on-one drills.