DJing at the Miller Lite Bull Pen Party Deck

Discussion in 'Texan Tailgate' started by djriddler, Sep 11, 2009.

1. djriddler

djriddler Rookie

FYI...

If you are going to any of the Houston Texan Home Games, I will be DJing at the Miller Lite Bull Pen Party Deck 2 hours before each game and at half-time this entire season. The Party deck is directly behind the North End Zone behind the concession stands. There are plenty of screens, a bar, a great indoor and outdoor deck. In fact, you can see all the players cars when you walk outside. They have the Texan cheerleaders and Miller Lite girls giving away free stuff and it's a good place to tailgate if you just want to stay inside.

Any song requests? Let me know.

See ya there!

www.djriddler.com
    www.twitter.com/djriddler
    www.facebook.com/djriddler

imatexan likes this.
  2. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I'm not sure but I think I may have given you a copy of my "I'm A Texan" fight song at The Ravens game last year. Do you remember? Well, even if you weren't that dude you might want to check out my song so you can play it hear and there at the tailgate.

http://www.myspace.com/eltejanoakarickyd

3. djriddler

djriddler Rookie

No I'm new this season. Please email to me and I'll be sure to play it

djriddler@mac.com

Thanks!

BTW, any other cool Texan songs I should play?

4. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

5. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

I will miss the pep band. I must be getting old. But I am happy with all the changes Holly has been working hard to get in the concourse behind the Bullpen.

6. Dr2bKay

Dr2bKay All Pro

I am still getting used to having a DJ....but I am adapting. I would like to hear anything top 40. I will give you a wave on Sunday!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  7. djriddler

djriddler Rookie

Just to remind everyone, this is YOUR (The Fans) Miller Light Bull Pen Party Deck. We want this to be your home. So feel free to let me know what you think or what you want to hear more of. The only thing I was specifically asked (by the Texans) was to stay away from the Ghetto Rap music. However, anything else is all you guys.

I'm down for suggestions!

Go TEXANS!

www.djriddler.com

8. Dr2bKay

Dr2bKay All Pro

Did the Texans use that term?? "Ghetto Rap" music??

9. djriddler

djriddler Rookie

As a person that works in music as a producer, clubs and radio, the term "Ghetto rap" what was told to me. I'm just the messenger. Maybe the term "Ghetto" was inappropriate to use but it wasn't to offend you or anyone in any way. The point is, I was told to stay away from rap music with any kind of cursing, violence, or anything that would offend children and families.

Any other requests?

10. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

heh, more folks in my way now when I try to smoke during half time lol. Good luck to ya DJ. Clay Walker has a decent song called " football time in Houston" thats decent. I personally would like to hear Train by 3 doors down.

11. imatexan

imatexan Hall of Fame

I thought that it was you on BPM, I enjoy your djing..cool that the Texans chose you.

I will stop by to check you out.

12. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

They've done a great job with the Bullpen Pub area, very impressive, music and all. IMHO just throw in some cool two steppin country music from any of our Texas boys! Maybe a medley of tunes from George, Waylan, Roy Orbison, Clay Walker, Clint Black, Kenny Rogers, Mickey G, Mark Chestnut, Tracy Bird, the list could go on and on. Might have to add a dance floor! lol Just mix it up. I get tired of rock music all the time.

For those that like rock, local fav ZZ Top, also Pantera, Janis J. I'm sure there are a lot more Texas groups out there, I just don't remember.

NitroGSXR and False Start like this.
  13. imatexan

imatexan Hall of Fame

I get tired of country, personally.

14. Dr2bKay

Dr2bKay All Pro

As a native of Nashville, I love country. Add Taylor Swift, Faith Hill, Carrie Underwood, old school Johnny Cash ( Although his background is much worst compared to those "ghetto rap stars" lol). I would like to hear all types of music not just rock and country esp since I sit in the Bull Pen and hope to hang in the new Party Deck. It would be interesting to see what our players would request to hear.....and what the Texans would say about their requests.

15. djriddler

djriddler Rookie

Whatever the mix will be, whether its Pop, Rap, Dance, Rock, Country, Polka, whatever, I'll make sure it's all upbeat and uptempo.

For the past 2 pre-season games, we even had the Miller Light girls dancing to Cupid Shuffle and the Cha Cha slide with some of the fans.

Like I said, this is your party deck, so let's make it fun this season.

Keep those suggestions coming! :texflag:

16. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

decent job today... anyway you can play some pump up music in the locker room and have the offense come out less flat?

17. Yankee_In_TX

May want to give notice when half time is nearing the end. A lot of folks weren't paying attention to the clock (lol, or maybe they were with the way the team was playing...).

18. djriddler

djriddler Rookie

I'll be playing the Texans Fight song right before Halftime ends as well as make an announcement and that will be your Cue that halftime is over.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  19. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Kevin Fowler! I have just seen him twice, he is pretty awesome, and probably my current favorite artist. He is a Texas beer drinkin' style country guy (so much so that Nashville won't give him the time of day) with a heavy metal feel to his shows. Plus he is a local guy and I heard a Texans fan.

Good songs to play by him that are very appropriate for Texans games ...

100% Texan
    Loose, Loud, and Crazy
    I Ain't Drinking Anymore (But I Ain't Drinking Any Less)

P.S. Look like Grandma and I have the same taste in music. She just named quite a few of my favorites. Waylon, Tracy Byrd, Mark Chesnutt, Pantera, ZZ Top amongst others.

20. Yankee_In_TX

BTW, even though I am not super excited about a DJ back there (you'd think I was 50), thank you very much for listening to everyone's suggestions. You can't make everyone happy all the time, but listening to people will help you to continue to be a success on game day. I heard a lot of positive feedback about you.