Division is our's for the taking...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TheRealJoker, Aug 5, 2007.

1. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Anthony McFarland is out for the year with a torn ACL, Glenn retired, corners are gone, Corey Simon failed a physical, Sanders is hurt, the Colts are falling apart. Who are the DTs for them now? No Booger, no Simon, no Sanders, no Cato June... they are going to have a hard time stopping anyone this year.

They replaced Stokley with Gonzo but I dont think he'll be an upgrade this year, the lack of defense is going to be too big of an obstacle for Manning and co. to overcome imo.

I think we split with them, we always play the Jags tough, and I think the Tacks aren't gonna win a game against us this year!!!

Texans AFC South Division winners!!! :texflag: :splits: :whip: :fans:

2. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Yeah...I don't see this happening. Their run defense was crap last year in the regular season, their defense has been crap before with Manning and Co. and they still managed to win. I still see them going 11-5 and winning the division again. I can see us going 9-7 and in the race until the final few weeks, but it's the Colts division to lose.

3. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

We need Vinatieri. He's won more SB's than Brady and Manning. :shades:

4. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

He's won as many SB's as Brady and Manning combined.

:hacker:

5. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

Heck yes we will take division!

:texflag:

6. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

He has the key to the Super Bowl. We should kidnap him before gameday. :spy: :splits:

7. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

The Robert Horry of football.

8. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

I'm optomistic as the next person about the chances of success this season but i'm not buying into the early demise of the colts.

Marlin Jackson got good playing time last year at Safety instead of his natural corner postion which he'll be moving back to. They spent a second rounder on Tim Jennings last year and also drafted Daymeion Hughes this year. I expect them both to see sizeable PS playing time.

Even with all the defensive loses expect Manning to be a conductor behind the line. Should be the most explosive offense with the additon of Utect stepping up last year and easing Anthony Gonzales into the lineup.

9. Texanmike02

Texanmike02 Site Contributor

I know anyone who's read anything I've posted knows what I think but let me give this a go Hmm... let me see:
    Manning >>> Schaub
    Rb roation > rb rotation
    Harrison/Wayne >> Johnson/????
    OL >>>> OL
    Freeny >> Williams
    Interior line << Interior Line
    RE > RE
    OLBs >> OLB
    MLB << Demeco Ryans
    CBs >> CBs
    SS/FS >>>> SS/FS
    Vinitari >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brown

Hmm... I don't see us taking the division. Not this year. Geez guys give our team some time to grow.

Mike

10. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

Really how can yo say there RB situation is better, you have a rookie (last year) and everyone else gone compared to Green and Dayne, you are giving there players with no exp more credit to do something than any other player in the division. Which by your logic in all your other post is an extreme exaderation.

Afain a rookie stats versus an all pro, now while I would give freeny the edge here, they do not go against each other. So an edge to one or the other versus each other is wrong, you should compare them to the respected position they will face.

CB - they lost both starting CBs yet you give them the edge? Why do you know something the rest of the world does not know about who is going to step up? I just want to know your logic in your annoiting someone who has yet to prove jack the all world?

11. Texanmike02

Texanmike02 Site Contributor

Freeny is their edge rusher... well I guess if you want go ahead and put Mathis up against Mario.. he's better than Mario too. As for our CBs... I realize everyone has been telling you they are impressed with our CBs in camp. But last year our DBs were among the worst in football, if not the worst in football. Before you knock me for anointing someone who has yet to prove jack to the world perhaps you should stop anointing someone (other than Dante) who has just proven they belong as, at best, a nickel back in this league. Hayden and Jackson looked solid last year in limited time granted. But we looked HORRIBLE.

In the running game... Addai averaged 4.8 ypc last year. He had over 1k yards splitting carries. Oh yeah and did I mention he's good? So once again... how dare I anoint someone who's not proven anything in the league. I should wait for them to have what 5... maybe 6 bad years and then judge them on one or two games at the end of a year? Dayne counts for something? Do you really believe the hype? He's a backup.. .and a bad one at that. He had a good year. Did you notice that no one in the nfl was beating down our door to get him? So its Green vs Addai. People have talked about how Denver gets a lot out of nobody. Guess what so does Indy. It hasn't mattered whether it was James, Addai, Rhodes, the guy who tore his ACL (their other rb not sure where he is or his name) They have gotten production out of all of them. That's why I'm anointing them better than us.

Go ahead nit pick on two or 3. Even disagree. But if you think we're ready to overtake the Colts give me some of whatever you're smoking.

Mike

12. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I think the Texans have left a bag full of excrement on fire, rang the doorbell and ran from Texan Mike's house every Saturday evening for the last five years. Or he is the eternal pessimist that hangs on a thread of doubt.

13. ccdude730

ccdude730 Hall of Fame

:heh:

:includeme:

14. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

You keep spewing the same garbage but what are you backing this up with? Statistically there were several teams with a worse secondary.

15. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

The problem with your "math" is one you continually point out when you assess/predict our level of success in this approaching season.

Both teams have lost and/or exchanged critical components on both sides of the ball. Its not just the components that determine success, its the sum of the parts. And the last time we played, our parts were better.

However, as you like to point out regarding the Texans, we haven't seen either team line up against someone with a different color jersey on. So whether or not those changes will result in improvement or decline -to either team- remains to be seen.

16. BigTimeTexanFan

BigTimeTexanFan All Pro

I think their defense has lost more than it has gained. We beat them last year because we ran the ball. That is the best way to beat Freeny and Mathis because they edge rush themselves out of most running plays. Now they just lost McFarland to injury and Cato June to free agnecy. I see a big hole in the middle of their defense. But then again they could have some untapped talent and maybe their defense will actually be better:sarcasm:

17. Spike

Spike Veteran

I think most people would agree that the Texans improved more than any other team in our division. That being said, there is a huge gap to fill between the Colts and the Texans and you still have to give them the edge.

18. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

I agree with everything except that. Just watch.

19. dskillz

dskillz Veteran

I don't see us winning the division, but a 2nd place finish is possible, and dare I say it, 'likely'. Even with all the losses the Colts had, they still are very talented and with Manning behind center, you can never count them out. Main thing is they know how to win.

20. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

The other teams made what seemed like some bone-headed draft selections. That being said, I have a hard time criticizing the rest of the AFC South after what the Texans went through last year. What at first appeared like their worst draft class ever has slowly turned into being regarded as one of their best.

Because of their offseasons, the Texans' schedule looks easier (IMO) than ever before and the teams look more beatable. A word of caution, though: the Colts are not a team that shot up to meteoric heights in one off-season. That makes them less susceptible, IMO, to the post-Super Bowl-itis that plagues so many Super Bowl teams. While they seem poised for the fall, Manning and the Colts, I suspect, will find ways to win.