Disgraceful

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Grid, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

If we had lost just because of our poor redzone performance, I could live with that.

If we had lost because we had played our asses off for four quarters and a good team just managed to beat us, I could live with that.

If we had lost because of poor coaching, or poor decisions, I could live with that.

But we lost because we gave up, and that the Grid cannot abide.

We gave up..pure and simple. Our defense lacked passion, our offense lacked passion. You could see it written on their faces... there was no adrenaline, there was no anger... there was nothing but a calm and almost lethargic acceptance of inevitable defeat.

The final possession by our offense was an embarrassment. Two and a half minutes to play and our offense was out there discussing plays like it was the first practice of preseason. No one rushed to the huddle, no one clapped their hands, or slapped their helmets.. they just limped out there and took their medicine.

They were defeated before they were actually defeated, and that is the worst possible way they could have approached a tough game.

You could see it written on their faces too. They were embarrassed for themselves at the end of the game. They knew that they had not given 100%.. they knew that they had let the game slip away..they knew that they had lain down and taken defeat. I was embarrassed for them, and for myself as a fan.

This team will not go anywhere this year. And its not because of a lack of talent, or a lack of coaching, or a tough schedule, or injuries. It will be because they did not WANT to go anywhere this year.

Gerald ford. Whether you think you can, or you think you cant, you are right. Well we think we cant, and we are most definitely right.

Disgraceful.

2. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

Yes, the members of this message board are disgraceful

Not taking a shot at you grid, but the theme of the board today is getting to me

thunderkyss likes this.
  3. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

You got a little koolaid on your lip there buddy.

thunderkyss and Kimmy like this.
  4. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

Eh, I added an line right after submitting, then went to read what you actually wrote (I based my post entirely off of your title)

I knew we were in trouble when I saw JJ Watt panting for breath in the 4th. Our D was tired, and I blame the offense for not running the ball (or at least not effectively, looking at you slaton) in the 4th

5. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

DISGRACEFUL?

Since when is losing to a perennial Super Bowl contender and recent Super Bowl CHAMPION "DISGRACEFUL"?

This THREAD is disgraceful.

EllisUnit and Double Barrel like this.
  6. fiasco west

fiasco west Hall of Fame

Huh? I saw a lot of fight in our team today, I really don't know what you are talking about.

Do people realize we just lost to the Saints of 2011 and not of the 90s?

7. TexansForTheW

TexansForTheW Veteran

Omg were 2-1 and lost to the Saints on the road. Still first in the division.

8. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Ok I dont understand all this Saints love. You people are spinning this by saying "its the Saints" "Its the Saints" "The saints are awesome, we were lucky they even let us play them" "slurp slurp slurp"

YES...they are the Saints. They are a playoff caliber team. Am I the only one who thinks that we are supposed to be a playoff caliber team as well?

Did the saints look tired out there? Did they look lethargic? Were they looking depressed and tired in the huddle? No they freaking werent.. because they are a playoff team.

We were. We gave them two solid quarters, we screwed up in the red zone but we played well. But instead of fighting for the win, we gave up. We stopped trying when the Saints got fired up. That is not what playoff teams do.

Im not upset at our performance on the stat sheet, im upset at our performance on the field. When shit got tough, the Saints buckled down and fought for the win. We on the other hand, decided that it was too hard to win..so we rolled over and let them have it.

9. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

the sky is falling....................... :jogger:

We all better run cause i see this forum filling up with a bunch of B.S threads from our "Texan Faithful" Fans

10. fiasco west

fiasco west Hall of Fame

Actually I saw Brees looking frustrated several times. You are going by the looks on their faces to tell if they've "Given up" and ignoring that pretty much every time the Saints scored the Texans came back to score?

11. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

If they're a playoff caliber team and we're a playoff caliber team, then shit happens. SHIT HAPPENS. It's ONE GAME. Stop looking at things so damn broadly. There is such a thing as specific circumstances WITHIN a game.

12. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

I got all my koolaid drinking days out of the way last decade.

I expect more from them this decade.

Believe me im not blind to the positives. Hell.. we HAVE a super bowl capable team. The talent is there. The problem is our attitude.. when the going gets tough, we fall asleep.

13. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

I disagree. We battled, just lacked a little bit of execution.

14. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Brees got frustrated when he threw a pick. He got frustrated when fate ***** slapped the saints and gave us the Kevin Walter TD.

The difference is that he strapped his helmet back on, went out on the field, and took the win by force.

I couldnt find a thimbleful of determination in any Texan player's demeanor after the saints took the lead in the 4th.

15. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

Man, that's it. I'm done with this for now.

This board is impossible to deal with most of the time. Unreal.

16. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

everytime they scored we responded by scoring. I just dont see how you can say its their attitude. I think maybe it is on how we change they way we play in the 2nd half. No more bootlegs, abandon the running game, and quit blitzing and bring no pressure. Why it was working so well.

17. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Its frustrating because its true. And you dont want it to be.

We caved at the end, pure and simple. You can point out all the things we did wrong that put us in that situation in the 4th quarter... but thats not the big issue. We were in a close game, and instead of stepping up and performing like a team that wants to win, we stepped down and accepted that we werent ready for the big time.

18. MEGA SWATT

MEGA SWATT Hall of Fame

I don't see it quite that bleak. I don't think they gave up at all.

19. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Actually...no.. our offense stalled right after our defense started looking like swiss cheese.

When the Saints started moving the ball at will, our defense gave up. And when our offense got the ball.. they went 3 and out.

Happened a couple times before we managed to move down the field again. If not for that kevin walter freak TD..the loss would have been a lot worse.

Edit: And James Casey. He would have been our MVP if we hadnt rolled over.

20. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

when have we beat one their house?