Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Did Not Practice List

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
With the Texans performance being so inconsistent.........and last game's show as performance as discoordinated and poor as it was, the team practicing together becomes a premium need. Yet the DNP and LP continues to grow. Some have said that practice is not that important for "veteran players." After last week, it should be evident that timing and being on the same page is something that you are not going to miraculously get just by throwing your players, any players, onto the field on Sunday. Some on this list probably had no business being on the field last Sunday, and should be considered for rest this Sunday through the bye.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/injury-report.html

(Note that Cushing has made it on the list with a knee injury.)

(on players who missed practice with injury) “(DE) Mario (Williams) didn’t practice. (LB) DeMeco (Ryans) didn’t practice. (LB Brian) Cushing didn’t practice. (CB Sherrick) McManis, (WR) Jacoby Jones, (LB Kevin) Bentley, (G Mike) Brisiel and (WR Dorin) Dickerson. Other than that, it was fine.”

(on his concerns about the injuries) “Just overall, the guys that have been missing time is the same. (WR) Jacoby (Jones) is the same. Now, I did watch Jacoby run today; it was encouraging. So we’ll see. Everybody else, just some soreness and things and trying to get some guys back healthy. We’re battling that type of thing right now and we just got to push through it and we did today.”

(on how uncomfortable he is with the injury list that long) “Well, no, but it is part of it. A lot of those guys I just mentioned are guys that are playing the 70 snaps a game. We’ll see where we’re at tomorrow, but I thought it made sense today to just give them a break and get them as healthy as I can.”

Heres the list and explanation

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...practice/dc94433b-c6df-47b7-9739-8c8e0b3b232c

Thing is, the guys who arent practicing arent the ones with problems.

Right now our worst areas are:
Secondary (everyone healthy)
OL (everyone who will play is practicing)

Looks like we got a lot of banged up players. The bye week seems to be coming at a good time.

Reactions: JB
He may not be injured but Duane Brown not practicing is a huge issue. Watching Rashad Butler repeatedly get molested last Sunday was sickening.

Watching anyone get molested is sickening.

Seriously though, like someone said, the bye is coming at the right time. In Duane Brown's case it's good because now he gets an extra week of practice before coming back.

Watching anyone get molested is sickening.

Seriously though, like someone said, the bye is coming at the right time. In Duane Brown's case it's good because now he gets an extra week of practice before coming back.
Thats probably the reason why he didnt appeal the suspension.

NickScurfield Twitter
Dickerson (knee), Jones (calf), Williams (shoulder) questionable; Cushing (knee), Foster (knee), Johnson (ankle) among 9 probable #Texans
half a minute ago via bitly

JJ practiced today.

Note that Mario is questionable not because of his groin, but because of a shoulder (side not identified but probably his post surgical side)

Texans

Out
DE Jesse Nading (knee/DNP)

Doubtful
LB Xavier Adibi (hamstring/DNP), LB Kevin Bentley (knee/DNP), G Mike Brisiel (knee/DNP), CB Sherrick McManis (hamstring/DNP)

Questionable
WR Dorin Dickerson (knee/limited), WR Jacoby Jones (calf/limited), DE Mario Williams (shoulder/limited)

Probable
S Dominique Barber (ribs/full), LB Brian Cushing (knee/full), TE Owen Daniels (hamstring/full), RB Arian Foster (knee/full), WR Andre Johnson (ankle/limited), S Bernard Pollard (neck/full), LB DeMeco Ryans (groin/full), LB Darryl Sharpton (ankle/full), RB Derrick Ward (ribs/full)

Notes: Texans coach Gary Kubiak indicated on Friday that Jones, who sat out in Week 5, will play. McManis, who’s doubtful, recorded his first interception last Sunday against the Giants. With Adibi and Bentley likely to be out, linebacker David Nixon might play for the third time this season.
--------------
Chiefs

Out
S Reshard Langford (ankle/DNP)
Doutbful

Questionable
T Ryan O’Callaghan (groin/full), DE Tyson Jackson (knee/full), S Kendrick Lewis (hamstring/full), WR Chris Chambers (finger/full)

Probable

http://blog.houstontexans.com/2010/10/15/texans-chiefs-friday-injury-report-report/

Big bunch of wussies!! What happened to the good old days when players just wrapped it up and went out and kicked ass! So they are SORE, big friggin deal! They play FOOTBALL, they're suppose to be sore!! Geeeezzz!!

Big bunch of wussies!! What happened to the good old days when players just wrapped it up and went out and kicked ass! So they are SORE, big friggin deal! They play FOOTBALL, they're suppose to be sore!! Geeeezzz!!

They now test for steroids. Them old days of Lyle Alzaldo are long gone.

Another CB down.....

I don't care what he did to the coaches, the teammmates, or the fans....Jacques "Whiplash" Reeves was way better than anything that we're trying to put out there now.

It's time to bring him back. Even if he doesn't want to come back, there has gotta be a dollar amount that can help him along with his decision.

We got sold a bill of goods on Kareem. I'm sure he'll be great someday, but we need him to be great today.

Another CB down.....

I don't care what he did to the coaches, the teammmates, or the fans....Jacques "Whiplash" Reeves was way better than anything that we're trying to put out there now.

It's time to bring him back. Even if he doesn't want to come back, there has gotta be a dollar amount that can help him along with his decision.

We got sold a bill of goods on Kareem. I'm sure he'll be great someday, but we need him to be great today.

Kubiak's ego will not let him dial all ten digits of Reeves' phone number.
He pretty much alluded to it when ask about it after the Giants game.

Another CB down.....

The only CB that is really struggling out there is McCain. Watch the "Hakeem Nicks" highlights.... that's not Kj getting abused out there.

Kj made a couple of mistakes... rookie mistakes. He is everything we were told he was going to be.

McCain played a lot better last year.. kept Reeves off the field.

& Quin has been damn good all year long.
Kubiak's ego will not let him dial all ten digits of Reeves' phone number.
He pretty much alluded to it when ask about it after the Giants game.

Or.. he still believes in the guys he has. That's what I got out of his answer. It's not one player, it's the whole group. After watching our games multiple times, I know it isn't our CBs.

I'm guessing the extra pounds players have picked up since 'the good olde days' are part of the reason for the increase in injuries?

I'm guessing the extra pounds players have picked up since 'the good olde days' are part of the reason for the increase in injuries?

The extra pounds have something to do with it. Steroids had a lot to do with a few years ago. Tendons do not grow when you lift weights, but roiding up allows you to go beyond the muscle size that a tendon can support. At least that's what they tell us in med school.

And see how many former players are now permanently injured because of their playing days and the piss poor way the NFL treats them.

Football is fun for all of us to watch and I love it but I have become worried about the state of the game. The NFL has recently changed some rules to try to clean up the game. There are still a lot of injuries every year which is exspected. How much do you change the rules before the whole game is changed? What is a way to prevent some of this? I am not an expert but it seems to me better gear and more rule changes but football won't ever be very safe. I am lost here. It just seems like unless you really water the game down and change NFL football as we have know it for years then there is not much more to be done. Am I mistaking? If so, please tell me your ideas.

It's not a simple solution. Football is a violent game. Players are moving very fast, changing directions, etc. Hell people get injured walking down the street and tripping on a branch in the street. I had a patient get hit in the head with a ladder from a fire truck while bicycling.

The reality is we'll never stop the injuries. Steroids did a lot to make the injury situation worse. Recognizing concussions and having guidelines is helping significantly.

The only way to prevent player injuries though is just stop playing the game.

It's not a simple solution. Football is a violent game. Players are moving very fast, changing directions, etc. Hell people get injured walking down the street and tripping on a branch in the street. I had a patient get hit in the head with a ladder from a fire truck while bicycling.

The reality is we'll never stop the injuries. Steroids did a lot to make the injury situation worse. Recognizing concussions and having guidelines is helping significantly.

The only way to prevent player injuries though is just stop playing the game.
Pretty much.

Mario's shoulder problem has been identified as involving his LEFT shoulder...........the same shoulder on which he underwent off season orthoscopic surgery. Hopefully this won't take him back to a single repertoire end-around bull rush, which was the main reason for holding him back from optimal performance last year

Mario's shoulder problem has been identified as involving his LEFT shoulder...........the same shoulder on which he underwent off season orthoscopic surgery. Hopefully this won't take him back to a single repertoire end-around bull rush, which was the main reason for holding him back from optimal performance last year
I don't like it when you post anymore!!!

Augh!!!!!!!!

Seriously... Thank you for everything you bring to this board, my friend.

Yeah, but couldn't a couple of different issues and not necessarily indicative of re-injury?

Back