Did Nelson's stock go up or down today?

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by TheRealJoker, Jan 8, 2007.

1. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

I stopped concentrating on the game after the 1st half, did Nelson play well? I noticed Smith was throwing away from him alot.

2. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

that secondary completely locked down everyone. pure domination.

3. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

I have only seen the game broadcast by FOX as of right now. I haven't gotten my hands on any good tape yet, but he didn't really hurt it. His name wasn't called much, but tOSU passing game was not there. He locked up man vs man sometimes and did well. All the UF DB's played well and allowed the DL extra time to get to Smith. Nelson was a part of it, but he didn't really stand out. He is still the #1 S and should still be ranked in the teens overall.

4. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Smith was throwing away from everyone tonight including his own receivers.

All in all Nelson didn't hurt or help his stock. T. Smith was the loser in that department tonight.

5. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

LOL!!! True...but you know Smith may have played himself into our # 40 pick if we choose to go that route...JUST SAYIN :stirpot:

6. SLO Texan

SLO Texan Veteran

Nelson never even showed up on the TV!!!

And if anything thats a good thing. The gator DBs had everyone locked down ALL GAME LONG!!!

7. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Nelson took a bad angle and missed the tackle on Pittman's touchdown run. That was the one bad thing I saw. Other than that you are right. Troy Smith threw to the right side of the field all night long. Nelson really didn't have a lot of chances to make plays. I'll be If Ginn Jr. didn't get injured we would have seen Nelson a lot more.

8. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

Ginn reminded me so much of Mathis today it wasn't even funny. Huge Kickoff return and then he hurts his foot and has to be in a space boot. It sent a shiver down my spine who close they resembled each other.

9. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

I think the tater tot looked very ordinary with Ginn Jr. on the side lines in a soft cast. Made a difference. I beileve he is a day two guy now.

10. ledzeppelin229

ledzeppelin229 Hall of Fame

I hope we draft Nelson even if its only so I have insurance in case he moves on after I get a jersey (Nelson is my last name). At least he would never join Gaffney and Davis in my closet.

Of course to avoid selfishness we really need a FS too.

11. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

This was a great performance by the DBs, but keep in mind Ginn was not there. I wonder how much his leadership has to do with it.

12. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

No way...if his trade talk was that low he would stay another year. Why go into the draft as a junior and get drafted in the later rounds.

Nelson played well. He was beat on that one play but most safeties will get beat in those situations from time to time. He moved across the field to fill the open running lane where Pittman had outrun two tacklers and broke outside but could not make the tackle. You can't make every tackle I suppose.

13. real

real Guest

He also took a bad angle on the opening kick-off that Ginn ran back....

But IMO, he's still the number 1 safety coming out...His name wasn't called alot, but you also didn't see him messing up a lot....everyone misses tackles at times so I don't think he really hurt his stock at all...

14. leachmtb

leachmtb Rookie

His angle didn't look that bad, because he would have been in position had he not had a slight tug on the back of his jersey to slow him down. Some people don't think it was a real hold (and I'm not saying it is) but it was enough to keep him from making the play.

15. real

real Guest

I like Reggie Nelson. In fact I hope we take him at eight.

But the angle he took against Ginn was bad.

He underestimated his speed.

16. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

I don't want the Texans to draft him @ #8 anymore after watching him last night :shades:

17. real

real Guest

So one game made you come to that decision ?

18. Blake

Blake MMQB

DOWN.

He looked slow in comparison. Took bad angles. Late first round, early 2nd at best.

LaRon Landry is #1 in the NFL Draft at safety.

19. real

real Guest

It's so obvious that your comments aren't biased...

Did you see Landry in his bowl game ?

20. Blake

Blake MMQB

First off, how am I biased here? I watched both bowl games, and both players.

So to answer your question, yes, I saw Landry in his bowl game. I saw LaRon laying the hat, and pick off Brady Quinn.

Ive seen LaRon lead LSU in tackles the last 2/3 seasons. I have seen enough if LaRon, and not enough of Nelson. So before you start to play your "im smarter than you because I watch more football" card, dont. I know what im talking about, and LaRon is better than Nelson period.

bah007 likes this.