Did Mario show up in the Stat sheet today?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by 4x4tx, Sep 25, 2011.

1. 4x4tx

4x4tx Veteran

I didnt see him do diddly poo as jim mora would say. Other than smiths one sack there was virtually no pressure today.

2. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

defense played well, red zone O lost it

3. VTexan

VTexan The Realist

Would have like to see Brooks Reed on the field some after seeing us struggle so much.

4. BullNation4Life

BullNation4Life Hall of Fame

2 sacks and QB pressure that caused 2 ints..... What game were you watching?

5. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

ya swell.... 30 pts in second half/ 23 pts in 4th q. enough blame to go around to both sides today

ummm.... you did

6. dinkatoid

dinkatoid Veteran

Reed was on the field a decent amount after the mario injury - He really didn't do much either...

7. 4x4tx

4x4tx Veteran

Brees ints were not the result of pressure there buddy, one looked like the TE ran the wrong route and the other joseph made a good play on. The only time I saw mario do anything was on his knees and after someone else got to the QB he showed up a few secs late as usual. I dont think he had a tackle.

Who said the Defense played well? wtf were you watching...the D got torched. In the first half the saints had two drops on 3rd down that saved our @ss. We got picked apart because there was very little pressure. Blitzes were picked up and eaten alive with short passes over the middle. Brees got hit hard maybe twice.

8. BattleRedToro

BattleRedToro Thread Killer

I would say quick slant routes were killing the Texans, today.

9. Surreal McCoy

Surreal McCoy All Pro

Wow. Just, wow is all I can say...

10. The Cush

The Cush All Pro

The Saints have an elite O-line littered with pro-bowlers. It was tough getting to Brees

11. CretorFrigg

CretorFrigg Fire Rick Smith

Our D-line, most of the game, coudn't get to Brees. He had all the time in the world to throw. Their O-line, for the most part, won their individual match-ups.

I'm surprised Wade didn't take a gamble and throw in some creative blitzes. It felt like we were playing quite conservatively when it came to defense. But then again, there were many times when Brees was going to be sacked, but his instinct and quick reaction converted those into positive plays.

12. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Gave up 40 points and 454 yards. I define "played well" a little differently.

They had their moments (interceptions and some great stops) and the offense clearly hurt us by not scoring TD's when they had the chance BUT... I'd call this more of a complete team effort than a failure of just one side of the ball.

If the offense scores TD's and puts the Saints in a deeper hole then Wade's defense has an easier time defending as New Orleans is forced to abandon most of its running game.

It will get better.

13. digitalswim

digitalswim Sleepwalker

He may not have shown up on the stat sheet but there was a noticeable drop in D-line pressure in the 2nd half when he was injured.

14. fiasco west

fiasco west Hall of Fame

This.

I think the defense took a huge downturn when he got hurt even when he came back in. It didn't look like the same Mario to me.

15. gary

gary Hall of Fame

They just did a good job on Mario but he was trying all game long.

16. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

I'm not sure Mario going out had a lot to do with it. Saints are going to score. Our 4 man rush was'nt getting to him. When it did it was people other than Mario. Not a great game for him imo.

17. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

Mario had an utterly horrific game. He really sucked today. Watch the first Saints TD. The sweep by Sproles is sealed by a one on one block by Robert freakin' Meachem on Mario. It is one of the worst games I've seen from a player who has made a habit of disappointing performances since the 2008 season. Thank God for real playmakers like Antonio Smith and J.J. Watt.

18. digitalswim

digitalswim Sleepwalker

Yeah but its a team game. If one of your lineman (ie Mario) is requiring more attention, that frees up the other guys. Not saying he was a monster or anything but he creates match up problems our backups do not.

19. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

That's a nice thought, but it isn't true. Barwin has received more attention than Mario has. Part of that is because the coaching staff is determined to put him a position to make a play, keeping him on the weakside of the defense. However, that's also because he's not capable of dropping into coverage, so he needs to be on the side without the TE or slot WR. Regardless, he gets 1 on 1's all the time, and he usually loses the battles. Today was pathetic!

20. The Cush

The Cush All Pro

You will always hate Mario, where was your criticism weeks 1 and 2? He was getting doubled and chipped quite a bit today but the whole line failed to get pressure.