Did he really say that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Dallas_Texan, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Dallas_Texan

Dallas_Texan Veteran

2. JohnsonFan

JohnsonFan All Pro

lol its cool man they are all haters

3. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

Who cares?

This flying off the handle every time soembody says something negative about the Texans is getting a little out of control (and yes, I know I've been quilty of it from time to time).

We've yet to do anything to forct htes guys to change the minds of the sportswriters...hopefully that will change this year.

4. The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides Hall of Fame

Yup... I stopped reading there.

5. YellerLotYeller

YellerLotYeller nice marmot

That is just freakin hilarious.....

6. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

And I should enable this guy's opinion to matter because..... idonno:

Seriously, though, we've never had a winning streak (two games in a row don't count) or a winning record in five seasons, so it stands to reason that we are considered bottom dwellers by most people.

Until our team proves otherwise, there is not much we can say about it except ***** and moan about people's opinions of us.

Or, just don't care. :howdy:

7. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

8. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

jinx!

9. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

I'll just add to the above and say in the past our decisions by the front office haven't been the best either. Freaking out everytime some pundit writer says something negative about our team is senseless. The most importatn things are what's happening in the locker toom and the change in the fans attitude.

After this team tastes success i want others to be like you know...it's been a rought start for the franchise but it looks like there'ssomething special brewing in Houston. It's a tough place to play, the fans are loud, very knowledgeable and at least have dealt with things classy.

10. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

It might be piling on but...

We suck until we don't suck anymore. We need to beat the snot out of a few people and consistently be tough to change some minds.

11. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

Its laughable, don't read into pre-season rankings, they'll change soon enough. I do find it ironic that he calls us the Arizona of the AFC and yet Arizona gets ranked 21st.

12. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

True, but predicting the front end of change is a lot more interesting to read and follow than the same old uninformed garbage.

Look, I could probably list all the garbage teams from last year as garbage teams this year and have a pretty good success rate. But, so what, anyone can do that.

I wanna know who is different and will buck the previous trend. There is going to be a surprise team this year and easily could be the Texans.

How could the Texans be 31 anyway? It makes no sense. The Browns and Raiders have better teams than the Texans? Maybe so, but that seems like a strecth.

Reading this guy's picks is like getting getting the Cliff Notes from ESPN.

13. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

Like others, I'm old enough to remember San Fransisco was always a sucky team...as was New England and Philadelphia. Now these teams are perennial tough teams to beat.

We'll get there too. It's just gonna take some patience on our part.

14. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I am like Pencil and Vinny

We haven't proved anything as a franchise and respect is earned in the NFL and outside the Jags , we haven't earned anything....Yet

Texans have state of the art facilities, good management in the organization that cares about it's players and a good working environment, yet doesn't mean squat till we get the talent and work ethic it takes to be a champion(talent is the key word and not questioning anyone for being lazy on the team) but champions do the little extra that becomes a habit day in and day out to where it becomes natural(work ethic)

Kubiak has us going in the right direction..

BTW on a side note, the words "we didn't execute" come out of Kubiaks mouth any last season like it was so normal after it seemed like ever game?

15. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige Veteran

I thought this was the worst comment I've read about the Texans in a while:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7177558

I can't blame him for not picking against the Colts, but to say the Texans are running in place? And that it's the Titans that are heading in the right direction after letting much of their talent base loose? Do these national journalists even bother to write their own articles, or do they just cut-and-paste from each other?

16. BattleRedToro

BattleRedToro Thread Killer

Even the title of the article, "From Worst To First: Ranking All 32 Teams" is wrong, because the list is ordered from First to Worst.

17. BattleRedToro

BattleRedToro Thread Killer

Green Bay at #12 and playoff bound as a Wildcard? What is that guy smoking?
    I sincerely doubt that there will be 2 teams in the playoffs from the NFC North Division.

18. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Doesn't bother me much.

The Texans are the Cardinals of the AFC until they give someone a reason to think that they're not. It'll take more than changing the roster around to get some respect. They'll actually have to produce on Sundays.

19. jaybird

jaybird Veteran

When Houston actually has a winning season people will start giving them respect... you have to earn respect in the US. Texans haven't won anything yet.

20. JohnsonFan

JohnsonFan All Pro

we will show all the dum arse sports writers this year they wont see us comming!