Did Carr Do Enough?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexanFanInCC, Dec 31, 2006.

?

Did Carr do enough to be here next season?

1. Yes

53 vote(s)
    27.7%
  2. No

138 vote(s)
    72.3%
  1. TexanFanInCC

TexanFanInCC Hall of Fame

Well? My opinion. No he didnt. Im pleased with the win, but Carr had to come out and make a statement, and I dont think he did that, expecially against a battered browns defense. What is your opinion? I do appreciate what he has done for this franchise. He has given his body for this team. A change of scenary is what is needed and I do wish Carr the best of luck down the road.

2. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

I think that a change is best for both party's .

3. TexanLen

TexanLen Veteran

I agree with you, C C. He didn't show me any thing either to say "no we need to keep him."

4. TexanFanInCC

well the other thing i see is that no matter what, people in houston are going to be pissed off at carr because we did not draft vince young. because we didnt draft him, all of carr's mistakes are going to take much heavier criticism than they probably deserve, and i think that is why carr may be better off playing in a different setting where he wont take heat. nonetheless, i still think carr's production was insufficient.

5. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I like David Carr,but I don't think he did enough, not for the am't of money he is getting paid. I used to defend that argument, but now wondering. If there was a restructure of his contract, Iwould be happy.. I know the OL was injured this season and we went through multiple line variation, but if Carr is back I will support him, but I won't be suprised if he isn't back. But as someone said, if he is getting paid as a top 5 QB, then we don't need to see 2nd half of the season slumps..

6. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Probably not enough to unequivicaly say yes or no (kind of the issue for 5 years). Probably be back because of cap and all that, but look for a development type QB to be taken in the draft. MIGHT see Plummer brought in to push him, but it will need to be relatively cheap.

7. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

i think carr will demand a trade bc he will never get any respect even if he wins mvp

8. Imatexanfan

Imatexanfan Hall of Fame

He didn't do enough at all........BUT since ol' BOB is on his nads all the time................he'll be here next year.:spy:

9. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Well, he did "lead" his team to victory, but he did it by playing like garbage.

10. t_flare

t_flare Veteran

hey one game doesnt say it all u know.. this season has been up and down like a rollercoaster.. .

how much is it on David, the line and the running game will be decided by the coaches... we see the games from one angle and the coaches see them in every angle so..

Hell who cares now.. 2-14 --> 6-10 how can you not be happy for one day of the year..be piss next year (tomorrow)

Texas_Thrill likes this.
  11. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

He won 6 games this year.

12. K.D.

K.D. Veteran

Either way i see it, Carr will be around atleast 1 more year. We need to bring someone in to challenge Carr in the off-season, although Sage might can be that person. I wouldn't be real upset tho, if we were to find another qb, just not Plummer, and draft a prospect in later rounds, Kolb or Tate. Either way something has to happen this off-season.

13. TexanFanInCC

carr is still making mistakes that you try to teach ROOKIE qbs not to make. carr is not a rookie, he is a highly paid 5th yr veteran. he was paid bc they were expecting him to flourish with kubiak. it is not because of kubiaks system that carr still doesnt make proper reads in his progressions or still makes throws that make no sense directly at opposing defenders.

14. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

He sure didnt. He won MAYBE 4 games this year.. the running game and defense won the other games. More importantly.. he lost 10.

Honestly though, he just didnt show me anything. He started off strong.. and then showed no ability to stand up in tough situations.. make plays when we were in trouble... make smart decisions.. etc..etc..etc..

We need more from our QB if we are gonna turn this team around fast. Carr is not the answer here.

15. TexanFanInCC

carr didnt win all 6. the running game probably had the most to do with the wins. carr made a few good plays....but comeon, i cant think of any one memorable carr throw this year. i see the running game playing well today, ron dayne having a career game vs. indy, wali lundy in the 1-2 big games he had. carr was probably the key to success in probably 3 of the wins, both vs jax and the game vs miami. PLUS, 11 td passes and 12 int's for a 5th yr QB is not good... thats not progress. thats going in reverse.

16. bayoumaniac

bayoumaniac Rookie

17. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

Carr made some key throws in the Indy game

18. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

They dont count for much with me. Any QB should be able to make some great throws when you can run over a team 42 times for 200 yards rushing.

19. leachmtb

leachmtb Rookie

I see your point that carr didn't win all of those 6 games. But, would you then be willing to say that Vince Young did not win all of his games either (especially since his kicker hit two incredible field goals). I agree that David did not win all of them, but how many people would say that VY did not win all of his?

20. MrMeToo

MrMeToo All Pro

Still, Vince>>>>>>>>>>Carr.