Dez Does Dallas Dirty

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by CloakNNNdagger, Jul 16, 2012.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Dez Bryant arrested on family violence charge
    July 16, 2012, 8:03 PM EDT

2. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

Dez is an idiot. Anyone who gets themselves in debt like he did before he signed his contract isn't focused on the right things. The guy is full of talent though and its sad to see. At this point its clear that he doesn't care to get his life together. He abused Revis last year when they played each other. He could be a top 5 receiver in this league IMO.

3. GP

GP Go Texans!

Jerry Jones just cannot help himself. From T.O. to PacMan to Dez...Jerry is addicted to flammable players.

Dallas fans deserve better than that. Jerry needs to reevaluate what he values most in his players. He needs to attend a clinic by McNair. Man I wish we could play them now...our defense would obliterate them.

4. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

Texans were the best of the two last time, and see how that ended. The only obliteration was to the unsuspecting Cowboy fans.

5. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

However, his girlfriend says his left hook is about the same as last year. :specnatz:

6. StarStruck

Wow! Was it girlfriend issues or baby mama drama? Either way, the guy has to exhibit the self control to walk away from confrontations. Walk away, Dez, walk away.

7. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

To be honest I don't know. One article (ESPN) said he pushed his mother after arguing with his half-brother, another said girlfriend.

If it was his mother he hit (or pushed) I would think she would have whooped his ass on to Injured Reserve...lol.

8. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

From what I've read it just said "family" dispute so I'm not sure what female was involved. However, the kid needs to grow up. What is sad here is that I've been reading on other boards if he will be ready to play or how this will all be forgotten if he plays well. People should concentrate on "is the female in this case alright?" That is the issue here. Misdemeanor or not, violence against women is not cool. He has all the talent in the world but a 2 cent brain. No excuses for that. I don't care if you are 23 or 43, if someone gives you millions of dollars, make it your business to act right. Before getting too extreme I'll let the facts come out and see what this was all about.

9. CloakNNNdagger

link

Psychoanalysis has never been Jerruh's strong suit.

10. CloakNNNdagger

Advice is given to NFL rookies to separate from their old "in the hood" friends. It's unfortunate to say, as difficult as it may be to do, consideration should possibly be made to extend that advise to a grossly dysfunctional and grossly negatively-impacting family situation.

Dez Bryant’s arrest came after pushing his mother

11. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

12. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

This guy actually beat-up his own Mother ? That's gotta be some kind of new low in behavior by an NFL player.

13. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

For as long as I've known of his existence I've thought this guy was a turd. He's done nothing to change that perception and it's starting to look like he never will.

14. StarStruck

The article said that he pushed his mother, not pushed her down nor beat her up. My question is what type of push was it. If in a confrontation with her, absolutely no way should he ever touch her in that manner. On the otherhand if he and his half brother were going at it and she jumped in the middle to get them to stop, he could have reacted in an effort to keep her safe.

I attended a wedding a couple of years ago where the bride had a large number of family members in attendance who were from Lufkin. Naturally, in general conversation at the reception I asked about Dez. The one closest to his age said that he was very talented and should do well if he stayed away from the environment that he grew up around. She didn't elaborate, and I didn't pry yet gathered by the way that she answered he had a lot to overcome. It now seems that his problems could be much deeper than the homies. Instead of saying walk away Dez, perhaps it should be stay away if the half brother is going to be a conflict. He has a heck of a lot more to lose that the brother.

15. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Or any type of analysis for that matter

16. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

They are now saying he hit her with a baseball cap and ripped her bra. But it seems like he hit her. Rule #1 of being a man..never hit a woman...especially Mom. Idiot. In his position and she is begging him to leave...leave.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/17/dez-bryant-police-report-911-mother-bra/

17. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

More - slightly differing - specifics.

LINK

18. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

IMO, there's got to be a reason why he went at her like that. He's surely a smuck, but going after your own mother is off the charts.

There's been rumors about his mom for a long time. What if they are true and he's making an attempt to get her right and she's refusing? Just a thought, that's all

Don't get me wrong. I think the dude's a moron. I just think there has to be more behind the story. Most men will protect their mothers, no matter what

19. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I see where you are coming from....we don't know a thing about his screwed up family dynamics and she may be a person that is constantly battling something where it wears him down. BUT, as stated above by all of us, you just can't strike a woman. He just needed to figure out how to walk away. I am seeing some other quotes though that scare me a little more...that this might be a first time:

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...as-cowboys-allegedly-assaulted-mom-police-say

I
    The tricky part is no man should assault a woman..especially their Mom...put their relationship seems so strange it is hard to gather what might be vindictiveness and what might be the straight story.

20. StarStruck

If the TMZ account is correct, there is no way Dez should have behaved in that manner. It's one thing to move her out of the way of a confrontation between two adults, which I don't see anything about the half brother in the latest account, but aggression, in that manner can ever be justified.