Dez Bryant out at OK State.

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by gwallaia, Oct 7, 2009.

1. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

2. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

Am I missing something here? The guy jogged (may have worked out) with and ate lunch with a multiple time pro bowl corner and he is ruled ineligible? Why? What is so bad about working out and having lunch with an NFL legend?

3. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

I forget who it was, but a coach said one of his recruits had his flight cancelled and had to wait at the airport for a couple of hours. The coach got in a lot of trouble for buying him a milkshake.

4. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I'd say the only piece your missing is:

Maybe he just lied for no reason, though.

5. Texan JBZ

Texan JBZ Da Sip's Finest

The NCAA and its "bylaws" are a crock of shit. So you can't even visit a FORMER NFL player at his home, jog with him, and grab a $5 footlong without breaking rules? WTF'k!?! The NCAA is corrupt IMO. They are the biggest hipocrites in sports. They make billions of dollars off of these athletes, but these guys can't even get a job to put some money in their pocket. And when they do take money in any shape or form, the NCAA steps in and takes their college careers from them at a whim. It's deplorable how they operate.

Goldensilence and Texecutioner like this.
  6. Blake

Blake MMQB

He lied. The NCAA has "bylaws" that if you lie to them they assume you are covering something up that is a violation of NCAA rules. He should have told them the truth, unless the truth was an even bigger violation.

7. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Pretty much agree with everything you said.

8. Texan JBZ

Texan JBZ Da Sip's Finest

So he lied. Suspend him for a game or two. Don't take the kid's college football career from him over something so small. Everyone knows that this was Dez Bryant's last season at OK State anyway, so why take what's left of the guy's college football career from him? It's just not reasonable to me. What, is the guy guilty until proven innocent (or what seems like guilty)?

9. Blake

Blake MMQB

I was just pointing out to you why he was suspended. Not that I agree with the decision.

10. dc_txtech

dc_txtech Subscribed Contributor

I'm still waiting for them to address the Reggie Bush situation. I guess they are too busy pretending to be high and mighty by punishing some poor kid who might have made a mistake.

11. pbat488

pbat488 gig 'em

Just saw There Will Be Blood and I couldn't resist...

I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!!!

12. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Agree with everything you said JBZ. The NCAA is deplorable as they come. hypocritical as it gets and greedy as a group of pigs.

THis is really pathetic. Unless there is some info out there that hasn't been released about Bryant doing some other things with Deion that isn't being mentioned yet, this really makes no sense.

13. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

I think that this is the case in bold. Deion Sanders is acting as a shill for Eugene Parker. Probably getting some kind of kickback.

Here's the bottom line.....If you're a college receiver, stay the F away from Deion Sanders at all costs. If you see Deion on a college campus, call the campus police because he's about to steal your best player.

Great guy as an NFL player, shady guy as an "advisor." He could care less if Bryant plays another down at college. He's already a pro commodity.

I don't know how the NFL Network hasn't fired this guy for a conflict of interest.

As a football fan, I think this stinks to high heaven. As a Longhorn fan, I'm glad this happened. That Halloween game in Stillwater had UPSET written all over it.

14. Hooston Texan

Hooston Texan All Pro

Smells to me like Deion is acting as a "runner" for Parker based on his curious presence in the Crabtree contract debacle. I have no doubt the NCAA is sincere in believing that the contacts with (Long Past His) Prime Time are anything but innocent.

That said, if Dez White went to a prestige school like, say, Michigan, USC, Notre Dame, Texas or Penn State, he'd probably get a one week vacation for his transgressions, with that week carefully chosen so that the game he misses is the matchup against Little Sisters of the Poor Tech.

For his part, Deion should avoid Oklahoma for awhile. States have been known to prosecute agents (and/or their flunkies) whose illicit contacts with college players jeapordize their eligibility. Yes, I know, prosecutors should have better things to do, but it happens just the same because throwing the book at a slimy agent who cost the local team their star player is a political no-brainer. My guess is that if Deion comes anywhere near Stillwater in the near future, he'll find himself in the slammer.

15. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

!!!!!!!

16. WesmanTexanfan

WesmanTexanfan SeNior Smack

OK state knew all about it too, he wasn't sneaking around. Bad form NCAA....

17. LonerATO

LonerATO Hall of Fame

What are they going to do to the guy in the NFL? I mean they could take away awards and trophies from him and the team. Dez happened to get screwed because he is still in school and Deion is a tool.

18. Texecutioner

I think you're exactly right. I can't stand even the sight of Deion Sanders, and I'm pretty sure that this is what this is really about, but they just haven't reported it that way.

Deion was the only clown sticking up for Craptree the entire time of his hold out, and then it was no surprise when their were reports of Deion somehow being involved in his camp of stupid advisers along with Mc Hammer of all people.

And why is Deion always latching onto these young star college football players and trying to get involved with these guys? It seems like every young attractive stud he's all in their ear in some sort of way. These guys need to stay away from Deion Sanders. The guy has always been a freaking clown and he's not good for them or their careers. He's just looking to get more attention and fame for himself with his involvement with them and his little pay backs on the side like you say.

19. Texecutioner

That would be by far the best thing. Fire his ass. That would be one of the best things to do to him any way since he loves the attention from being on television.

Agreed. I was worried about that for the Horns. Not anymore.

20. dc_txtech

dc_txtech Subscribed Contributor

Take away his Heisman trophy and saction the hell out of USC for starters.